Is this a good product? (Thyroid Supp)

4peatssake

I don't know anyone taking that and it contains a number of excipients it is best to avoid, including the amino acid l-leucine. Ray Peat advises against taking individual amino acids and has said this about leucine, in particular.

Ray Peat said:
Insulin release is also stimulated by amino acids such as leucine, and insulin stimulates cells to absorb amino acids and to synthesize proteins. Since insulin lowers blood sugar as it disposes of amino acids, eating a large amount of protein without carbohydrate can cause a sharp decrease in blood sugar. This leads to the release of adrenalin and cortisol, which raise the blood sugar. Adrenalin causes fatty acids to be drawn into the blood from fat stores, especially if the liver's glycogen stores are depleted, and cortisol causes tissue protein to be broken down into amino acids, some of which are used in place of carbohydrate. Unsaturated fatty acids, adrenaline, and cortisol cause insulin resistance.
Glygemia, starch, and sugar in context

Ray Peat recommends cynoplus and cynomel. He considers the excipients in NDT supplements to be problematic.
You can order it from Farmica Del Nino

A number of forum members have reported good success using a NDT supplement called thiroyd. You an order it from Pim Pom Product

himsahimsa

Consider the scale. How much leucine is present? If it's 1/50[sup]th[/sup] what is in your breakfast (or lunch or whatever) does it really matter? Leucine is pretty common in protein containing foods. Maybe this supplement has other problems, but a small bit of a common amino acid compared to your overall daily consumption may not be very important.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Turkish Thyroid Product Levotiron Natural Dessicated Thyroid 1
ecstatichamster A Good Desiccated Thyroid Product Is On Amazon.com (USA) Suppliers 16
Frankdee20 Thyroid Supporting Product Thyroid and Hormones 0
J Best Thyroid Brand/product For A Young Male Thyroid and Hormones 11
cinderella Thorne K2 - did I purchase a fake product? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 12
J Fungal Acne - New product. Peat approved? Skin 0
Michael Mohn Would you buy a pure t4 product from Idealabs? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 22
D UBreeze (portable testicle fan) https://ubreeze.org/product/ubreeze/ Male Issues 3
J Looking for a mens hair product that can hold hair in place Hair & Nails 8
J I think i've found the best dental filling product Oral Health 22
H Collagen Scum And Product Quality Supplements 11
J Best Magnesium Glycinate Product 2020 September Magnesium 5
S How Much Vitamin E (as Tocopherol) Is In This Shea Butter Product? E 1
noqcks IdeaLabs Product Index IdeaLabs 19
H What's The Point If You're The Product Of A Low-energy Upbringing? Rant or Rave 35
G I Am Considering Developing A Hair Loss Shampoo Product Body Care 6
Hans The Dopamine Breakdown Product, Homocysteine, Is Involved In Working Memory Deficits Scientific Studies 1
D Good Methylene Blue Product? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 56
ImprovingDaily Best Oral Magnesium Chelate/product? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Mito Milk And Dairy Product Consumption And Cardiovascular Diseases Articles & Scientific Studies 0
J Meldonium Product - Idealabs Suppliers 6
R Raw Animal Product Diet Diet 27
F Is This Product Alright In Terms Of Wavelength Etc Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 4
M Good Tudca Product In Europe? Ask For Help or Advice 0
ddjd Anyone Have The Old Gonadin Product For Sale? Ask For Help or Advice 1
K The Ordinary - Niacinamide Product Vitamins 6
T What Is The Problem With Coating Of Aspirin And Is This Life Extension Product A Good Aspirin? Aspirin 9
L Could You Review This Enteral Nutrition Product From A Ray Peat Standpoint? Diet 0
haidut Cardenosine - Liquid Product For R&D IdeaLabs 372
Broken man Please, Help Me Choose The Best Aspirin Product Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
ddjd Dave Aspreys' Quinone Product Ask For Help or Advice 18
ddjd Cheapest Vitamin A Retinol Acetate Product - Here! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
V Brand New Ray Peat-inspired Skincare Product Now Available! Merchant Forums 72
V New Peat-friendly Skincare Product Coming Soon! Merchant Forums 44
W Total And Full-Fat, But Not Low-Fat, Dairy Product Intakes Are Inversely Associated With Metabolic S Scientific Studies 26
Tourist Iso Current Vit. E Product Recommendation E 0
R Liposomal Glutathione Vs. L-Glutathion Vs. NAC Or Denaturated Whey-product Supplements 16
Tawnya Professor Birkmeyer NADH Product Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
healthnatura HealthNatura April Giveaway + $50 Bonus! [Choice Of Product Up To $40] (10% Off Coupon Inside!) Expired Giveaways 25
D Taurine, A Product Of Methionine And Cysteine Taurine 10
haidut Nestle And L'oreal Have Launched A Taurine-based Hairloss Product Taurine 7
healthnatura Pregnenolone Sale - support Pay Peat friendly product expansion. Health Natura 6
Y Found A Topical Caffeine Product For Hair Loss - Thoughts? Hair & Nails 24
F Best NDT product out of Thailand? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 6
B Do You Try To Avoid Advanced Glycation End-product? Diet, Recipes 17
J good vitamin e product in the uk? E 3
M What is your opinion of this product? Messtafarian 1
I I.U's of Vit e in Lotioncrafter's product E 1
Dan Wich Vitamin E product ingredient levels and light sensitivity Articles & Scientific Studies 0
charlie Osteoporosis, Aging, Tissue Renewal, And Product Science Articles & Newsletters 0