Is This A Good Massgainer?

DJ123

Seems decently peaty except the sunflower oil additives.

Untitledee929.jpg

jzeno

When I eat potatoes and milk I gain more weight than I ever want. I slow cook them dry or boil them, FYI.

I wouldn't recommend this product with great, fresh options like those around. If your desperate for huge amounts of calories without cooking and want it now, then yeah sure go ahead and do this or something similar. Prepared foods will almost always be inferior nutritionally to fresh foods.

I'm pretty sure Peat and any reasonable person will say just eat fresh foods high in fat to gain weight, not this. Milk is a great example. I don't see why anyone including Ray would recommend this over just drinking lots of fresh milk. Seems completely counterintuitive because denatured, processed foods will never be superior to fresh, natural foods. He often rails against oral vitamins for their low quality. What makes you think he would recommend this, given his position on supplements? Do you think this is any different?

OP
DJ123

DJ123

When I eat potatoes and milk I gain more weight than I ever want. I slow cook them dry or boil them, FYI.

I wouldn't recommend this product with great, fresh options like those around. If your desperate for huge amounts of calories without cooking and want it now, then yeah sure go ahead and do this or something similar. Prepared foods will almost always be inferior nutritionally to fresh foods.

I'm pretty sure Peat and any reasonable person will say just eat fresh foods high in fat to gain weight, not this. Milk is a great example. I don't see why anyone including Ray would recommend this over just drinking lots of fresh milk. Seems completely counterintuitive because denatured, processed foods will never be superior to fresh, natural foods. He often rails against oral vitamins for their low quality. What makes you think he would recommend this, given his position on supplements? Do you think this is any different?
whole milk makes me tired, high fat food in general makes me tired. This mass gainer is much cheaper than milk and potatoes if you compare kcals, and faster to make.
Rest of my diet is ground lamb and orange juice.

jzeno

Maybe try lactose free? I still drink it because I can digest it like a champ compared to normal milk. They say you can eventually drink regular milk, but I like it so much I just keep drinking it. Eventually I might switch, but I digest lactose free milk so fast it's amazing.

And yes, it's cheaper--for a reason. The quality is obviously lower. Not all calories are created equally. RPs work on PUFAs should tell you that. 1g of vegetable oil is not the same as 1g of high quality butter or saturated fats from beef.

Do what you think is best but like I said if you're asking if RP would recommend? My opinion is no but if want to take a mass gainer, nothing is going to persuade out of it and you're just searching for justification to take this one or a similar one. Just take it and see if it accomplishes what you're trying to do. Be careful of long term adverse effects.

OP
DJ123

DJ123

Maybe try lactose free? I still drink it because I can digest it like a champ compared to normal milk. They say you can eventually drink regular milk, but I like it so much I just keep drinking it. Eventually I might switch, but I digest lactose free milk so fast it's amazing.

And yes, it's cheaper--for a reason. The quality is obviously lower. Not all calories are created equally. RPs work on PUFAs should tell you that. 1g of vegetable oil is not the same as 1g of high quality butter or saturated fats from beef.

Do what you think is best but like I said if you're asking if RP would recommend? My opinion is no but if want to take a mass gainer, nothing is going to persuade out of it and you're just searching for justification to take this one or a similar one. Just take it and see if it accomplishes what you're trying to do. Be careful of long term adverse effects.
I have no problem with lactose, but the fat in whole milk makes me tired. If i drink milk, I drink skimmed.

As far as I've understood: Getting enough kcal is more important than eating 100% peaty and this massgainer seems to be the most peatiest I've come across.

Of course he wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't resort to mass gainers either if I had the time and money to prepare whole food 7 days a week.

I have no problem with lactose, but the fat in whole milk makes me tired. If i drink milk, I drink skimmed.

As far as I've understood: Getting enough kcal is more important than eating 100% peaty and this massgainer seems to be the most peatiest I've come across.

Of course he wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't resort to mass gainers either if I had the time and money to prepare whole food 7 days a week.

It is trashfood like other members have said.Buy lactase tablets,Low fat milg,Coconut Oil,and plain sugar,add a simple MV,there you go.Sweeteners and Colorings are a no-go.

OP
DJ123

DJ123

It is trashfood like other members have said.Buy lactase tablets,Low fat milg,Coconut Oil,and plain sugar,add a simple MV,there you go.Sweeteners and Colorings are a no-go.
My budget is limited. What is MV?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals