Is this a good K2 MK4 supplement?

CastorTroy

Best k2 product in the market used to be TrueK2, carried by HealthNatura time ago, containing a mix of mk4 and mk7 with 10% of mk7. 100mcg mk7 and ,9mg mk4 per drop. Sadly, at one point they decided to discontinue that presentation and now they offer an inferior product, more umbalanced and much less value, with mk7 being now barely at 2% of the mix.

Angel45

No it has silicon dioxide in it.
Super K by Life Extension does not have silicon dioxide in it. Only has Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Gelatin, Glycerin, Bees Wax, water, Carob for color, cellulose and maltodextrin. Has 3 forms of Vit K. Been using it for years

OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

Garbage additives and massive dose. If you are gonna take k2, buy a liquid one so you can control your own dose.
I don't quite understand what you say about the massive dose, Thorne's K2 liquid also has 15mg per dose (which is 15 drops I believe), so same as 1 capsule of this one. A for the additives, I'd rather there were none at all, but aside from the vegetable capsule there's only microcrystalline cellulose.

Last edited:
OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

Best k2 product in the market used to be TrueK2, carried by HealthNatura time ago, containing a mix of mk4 and mk7 with 10% of mk7. 100mcg mk7 and ,9mg mk4 per drop. Sadly, at one point they decided to discontinue that presentation and now they offer an inferior product, more umbalanced and much less value, with mk7 being now barely at 2% of the mix.
So which one are you taking now? And where do you buy it, as I can see you're in Spain too? Thanks

aniciete

I don't quite understand what you say about the massive dose, Thorne's K2 liquid also has 15mg per dose (which is 15 drops I believe), so same as 1 capsule of this one. A for the additives, I'd rather there were none at all, but aside from the vegetable capsule there's only microcrystalline cellulose.
“Recommended dose” 1 drop is 1mg. They recommend 15 drops. You can control your own dose.

A

Adf

And how much do you take every day?
It depends. When I take nothing that thins blood (Aspirin and/or Nattokinase) I'll have 1 drop 3 times a day. If I take either of those mentioned that thins blood I'll have 2-3 drops, 3 times per day.

I've had days where I've experimented with 6+ drops 3 times a day, and no ill effects. But I don't and wouldn't do that high regularly.

A

Adf

The Thorne product I linked is not 15 mg doses.

2 drops is one serving size, is 200mcg or 0.2mg. It's 0.1mg per drop and Suggested use as below has a maximum suggested use of 0.6mg a day.

Suggested use

Take 2 drops one to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner. Invert bottle to dispense individual drops. May be added to food or mixed in beverages. Do not refrigerate

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals