Is this a decent version of psoas release tool?

David PS

Last edited:

Jonk

Try and find out! It's just a piece of plastic. Your abdomen can be quite delicate so be careful. I have the psorite myself but found more use of a ball slightly larger than a tennisball

OP
I

ironfist

Try and find out! It's just a piece of plastic. Your abdomen can be quite delicate so be careful. I have the psorite myself but found more use of a ball slightly larger than a tennisball
I read tennis balls are too small so I use soft ball. I don't believe I'm doing it right.

Jonk

I read tennis balls are too small so I use soft ball. I don't believe I'm doing it right.
Yeah its not easy, I found out my tight psoas and lower back may be related to some intestinal problems. Relief may sometimes come from moving the intestines I think, and some promote a lighter touch like circular motions with light pressure. Just be mindful of the pressure, more is not always better

teds

Forum Supporter
That Pso Rite is quite expensive.

I found this on eBay which looks the same. Is it?

I would go very carefully with this ‘tool’. You have some important viscera in front of the psoas musculature. I’d also ask why your psoas needs ‘releasing’.. there’s the postural/positional aspect but I also find that patients have psoas irritation with gut dysfunction. That may not be your case but thought it was worth mentioning

Last edited:

toolhead

That Pso Rite is quite expensive.

I found this on eBay which looks the same. Is it?

I’d stay away from anything like this. When I first got into self myofascial release many years ago I tried a few things to release the psoas but eventually concluded it’s basically inaccessible due to your guts, viscera and other soft tissue in between. You are more likely to injure yourself if you really do manage to reach it.

I just stick with certain stretches to treat it but I’m too busy to explain them now.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
@blinkynz that's an excellent suggestion there, Hanna Somatics (it's a book still available -- in print -- fortunately -- I've had mine forever it seems), I find everything in there extremely helpful myself!

David PS

@blinkynz that's an excellent suggestion there, Hanna Somatics (it's a book still available -- in print -- fortunately -- I've had mine forever it seems), I find everything in there extremely helpful myself!

Thanks I did not know about Hanna Somatics.

There is info on Youtube about Somatics for Psoas.

Nomane Euger

The question is why do you want to release the psoas muscle?
To get the ultimate ancient ancestral golden gait pattern,and save humanity

blinkynz

I discovered Hanna Somatics through this website. Thomas Hanna studied the works of Hans Selye ( amongst others). Been a fantastic way to release muscle tension and forge a new career path ( where I won't be mandated). It's well worth looking into.

blinkynz

Hi there, yes his books are all available. He also wrote about Philosophy. I wonder if Ray Peat heard of him.