Is This A Bad Vitamin D, K2, And A Ratio?

lvysaur

I got a headache from vitamin E as well

Maybe it's the brand I'm using (AC Grace), but I've never seen any improvements from vitamin E or vitamin D.

Vitamins K and A on the other hand, give me immediately noticeable benefits. My jaw got wider after taking just 1 mg K2, and A (from butter) always makes me calm if I don't feel that way already.

Other things that give me immediate improvement are coffee, gelatin, aspirin, and red light.

DaveFoster

Maybe it's the brand I'm using (AC Grace), but I've never seen any improvements from vitamin E or vitamin D.

Vitamins K and A on the other hand, give me immediately noticeable benefits. My jaw got wider after taking just 1 mg K2, and A (from butter) always makes me calm if I don't feel that way already.

Other things that give me immediate improvement are coffee, gelatin, aspirin, and red light.
Could be the brand. I use Unique E. 400 IU every 2 days.

I've too felt immediate benefits from both A and K. I believe aspirin to be the most effective supplement. Red light can make one nauseous.

Vitamin E irritates the intestinal lining for many people, so this can cause allergic symptoms (headaches, runny nose, etc.)

OP
mayweatherking
I got a headache from vitamin E as well; I'm almost sure it's caused by dehydration.

Vitamin E ----> lowered estrogen -----> reduced bloat and water retention ------> dehydration -----> headache

really lol... damn... that is amazing information. i didnt realize that. ok... that's great... the vitamin E did do something then..... that is great...

do you ever just drink straight water or do you only do it for the "peat foods" like drinking a lot of coffee and milik and oj and stuff?

OP
mayweatherking

what butter, the irish one?

DaveFoster

really lol... damn... that is amazing information. i didnt realize that. ok... that's great... the vitamin E did do something then..... that is great...

do you ever just drink straight water or do you only do it for the "peat foods" like drinking a lot of coffee and milik and oj and stuff?
I always go for juice. Water never gives me good effects. If you're dehydrated, whether from vitamin E or too much salt and you're smacking your lips (that's a good sign), then just dilute your liquid. Let your thirst guide you.

lvysaur

Could be the brand. I use Unique E. 400 IU every 2 days.

Just pointing this out, Unique E and AC Grace are the same supplement. Unique E is just the name, and AC Grace is the company that makes it.

what butter, the irish one?

It doesn't matter what butter, all butter has lots of vitamin A. If you're referring to Kerrygold, I don't trust that brand anymore. A few years ago, they came out with a new wrapper, and the consistency of the butter changed drastically with it. It's now a lot softer than it once was, which means that there's more water in it, or worse, that there's more PUFA in it.

I usually just buy a brand that feels hard, usually imported from somewhere in Europe.

DaveFoster

Just pointing this out, Unique E and AC Grace are the same supplement. Unique E is just the name, and AC Grace is the company that makes it.
Thanks for letting me know.

OP
mayweatherking
I always go for juice. Water never gives me good effects. If you're dehydrated, whether from vitamin E or too much salt and you're smacking your lips (that's a good sign), then just dilute your liquid. Let your thirst guide you.

i dont really feel thirsty ever, i stopped all exercise due to cortisol spikes so i dont notice it really ever. that is good to know. what do you think about salt if you are dehydrated? would it be bad for you? i've noticed sometimes i've had negative reactions to salt, maybe that is why... ? thanks, this is really breaktaking informaton for me, i never knew these things, these are really huge issues for me right now.

i just bought some new milk from whole foods, it has "cream" on the top of it, seems to be all grass fed, no added vitamins, i think i reacted really well from it as well... i also am about to buy raw milk from a lady soon, maybe that is helping.

i just drank 3 glasses of water, it didn't help, i still have a bad headache.

DaveFoster

i dont really feel thirsty ever, i stopped all exercise due to cortisol spikes so i dont notice it really ever. that is good to know. what do you think about salt if you are dehydrated? would it be bad for you? i've noticed sometimes i've had negative reactions to salt, maybe that is why... ? thanks, this is really breaktaking informaton for me, i never knew these things, these are really huge issues for me right now.

i just bought some new milk from whole foods, it has "cream" on the top of it, seems to be all grass fed, no added vitamins, i think i reacted really well from it as well... i also am about to buy raw milk from a lady soon, maybe that is helping.

i just drank 3 glasses of water, it didn't help, i still have a bad headache.
Personally, I take salt all morning until I feel thirsty. Once the moment hits, then my metabolism takes off. This is usually around 2-3 TSP sea salt, but I haven't measured.

Most of the negative reactions to salt occur because: (1) You're overeating instead of hydrating to sustain the amount of calories you're digesting, making you even thirstier; (2) you're consuming too much salt at once, which is irritating your intestine; (3) you're consuming too much chloride

I'd prefer to eat food and drink skim milk, rather than drink full-fat milk. Some meat, eggs, honey, liver, or shellfish are all good options. If you can't tolerate meat, then balance it with gelatin.

OP
mayweatherking
Personally, I take salt all morning until I feel thirsty. Once the moment hits, then my metabolism takes off. This is usually around 2-3 TSP sea salt, but I haven't measured.

Most of the negative reactions to salt occur because: (1) You're overeating instead of hydrating to sustain the amount of calories you're digesting, making you even thirstier; (2) you're consuming too much salt at once, which is irritating your intestine; (3) you're consuming too much chloride

I'd prefer to eat food and drink skim milk, rather than drink full-fat milk. Some meat, eggs, honey, liver, or shellfish are all good options. If you can't tolerate meat, then balance it with gelatin.

what is chloride in? this is a great post.... where did u find out about that vitamin e thing? i never heard that before, but i believe you are right. i had a headache all day yesterday and woke up at 4am with my head in massive pain. i drank 3 glasses of water, didnt help. then i ate half an orange and finally the pain chilled out.

OP
mayweatherking

your last 2 posts deserve post of the year. i felt wayyyyy better today. i also felt better avoding taking the internal vitamins. ***** man. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

your last 2 posts deserve post of the year. i felt wayyyyy better today. i also felt better avoding taking the internal vitamins. jesus man. lol.
Thanks, good to hear.

For chloride, "table salt" is NaCl.

Na = chemical name for sodium
Cl = chemical name for chlorine

Sodium chlorine ----> nomenclature (chemistry names) -----> sodium chloride (substitute the -ine suffix with -ide)

You can balance out the chlorine (chloride) with baking soda. Not sure if this is a direct "balancing effect" or simply a lesser harm due to less total consumed chloride. Baking soda does not have chloride in it.

1 TSP of baking soda per day spread throughout the day reacted with orange juice should be sufficient. Baking soda can irritate the intestines and give diarrhea.

tara

nothing besides A, D, and K2, and very low dose thyroid..
Did you have reason to stop the magnesium? I thought you were finding that really helpful?

are you sure that k2 is that low, it seems really low.
It is several times higher than RDA. Lots of vit-K supplements are ~ 200mcg.

If you're referring to Kerrygold, I don't trust that brand anymore. A few years ago, they came out with a new wrapper, and the consistency of the butter changed drastically with it. It's now a lot softer than it once was, which means that there's more water in it, or worse, that there's more PUFA in it.
Surely the label will say if it's just butter, or got water or other stuff added? To add water, you'd probably also have to add some kind of emulsifier as well, wouldn't you?

I have once or twice noticed changes in hardness in the local butter. I associated it with some extreme weather conditions - eg drought. At the time I had no idea why, but now I wonder if the mostly grass-fed cattle were getting a bit more supplemental feed of some other kind temporarily for the duration. It came back to normal after a while.

lvysaur

Surely the label will say if it's just butter, or got water or other stuff added? To add water, you'd probably also have to add some kind of emulsifier as well, wouldn't you?

You wouldn't add water, you'd just leave more in.

tara

You wouldn't add water, you'd just leave more in.
Good point. I guess one could determine this by melting it into ghee and seeing how much water there is?