Is This A Bad Vitamin D, K2, And A Ratio?

I took vitamin D, vitamin A, and K2. I put 10k of D into my drink, I took around 40k of A in my drink, and I put on about 20mg of K2 on my body from the outside.

Could this cause a problem? I noticed I had bone aches after this, I wonder if it is releated or not? I never realized it could be from this.

OP
mayweatherking
@haidut do you think this would cause pain in the bones? I was thinking i had gout or something.. but it didn't start until after I did that supplementation combo. it had to be it. damn, i've been losing a lot of hair too.... maybe it is related? 10k of D seems to be my magic number to get my vitamin D to 50-60 range though.

OP
mayweatherking
Mind = blown.

Ray peat doesn't put vitamins inside his body.. he only applies them topically. Okay...... this is news to me.

I noticed today I got bone ache after supplementing these 3 along with very dry hands. is it possible for this to happen? i think i need them though, or so i thought. maybe i did too much A. I took 10k of D, 20mg of K2 and 40k of A.

RP: Yes, irritation of the intestine causes absorption of allergens and toxins. I use the oily vitamins only on my skin.

Anyone have any recommendations on stuff you can apply directly to your skin? How do you know it's absorbed? Lol. My vitamin D and A is in liquid form though .

OP
mayweatherking
Out of curiosity, how many things are you taking?

nothing besides A, D, and K2, and very low dose thyroid.. but now that I know the cause of the aches (fingers crossed), maybe I will be okay bringing that back up again. i felt amazing taking thyroid........ until this started, but hopefully this is finally the cause and the last problem, jesus. i think i am needing some vitamin E as well if I'm taking these others, I definetly have pufa in my fat for sure.

i'm doing normal ray peat diet, lots of coffee, sugar in milk, cheese, liver, oysters, beef, gelatinous meat

i have nearly every "ray peat" supplement though laying around here and pretty much all the common things around here, but really like i said only taking D, k2, and A, and that is mostly to keep my vitamin D between 50 and 60, i need 10k a day to maintain that level, i've tested it a lot

snowboard111

All good... I was asking because I've read your other threads and it almost seems like you were taking every supplements available under the sun ;)

I think 40 000 UI of vitamin A might be quite a lot, especially if you take it everyday and you're eating liver.
There's a answer by Peat where he said that 5000 UI might be a good starting dose for hypothyroid people...

“The nutrition researcher dentist Emanuel Cheraskin did a survey where he found that health complaints and symptoms decreased in a nice linear relation to increasing vitamin A all the way to 100,000 units per day. But anyone who is on the borderline for thyroid function, sometimes even 20,000 units will make their symptoms worse by suppressing their thyroid. So you just have to be very cautious and probably starting with 5,000 units and watching for allergic symptoms and checking your temperature to see if it’s inhibiting your thyroid. Very often people have to get up to 20 or 30 thousand units a day, before their acne improves.” —Ray Peat (2011)

Same for k2, 20 mg is a lot, everyday or even multiple time a week is probably too much.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

You could always get your vitamin A from liver and vitamin D from the sun, or either.

OP
mayweatherking
All good... I was asking because I've read your other threads and it almost seems like you were taking every supplements available under the sun ;)

I think 40 000 UI of vitamin A might be quite a lot, especially if you take it everyday and you're eating liver.
There's a answer by Peat where he said that 5000 UI might be a good starting dose for hypothyroid people...

“The nutrition researcher dentist Emanuel Cheraskin did a survey where he found that health complaints and symptoms decreased in a nice linear relation to increasing vitamin A all the way to 100,000 units per day. But anyone who is on the borderline for thyroid function, sometimes even 20,000 units will make their symptoms worse by suppressing their thyroid. So you just have to be very cautious and probably starting with 5,000 units and watching for allergic symptoms and checking your temperature to see if it’s inhibiting your thyroid. Very often people have to get up to 20 or 30 thousand units a day, before their acne improves.” —Ray Peat (2011)

Same for k2, 20 mg is a lot, everyday or even multiple time a week is probably too much.

what do you think is the right dose for those? yeah that would make sense..... my thyroid SUCKS lol. i will lay off. it's mostly for trying to cure the fungus on my chest, clearly it's not working though. maybe i will just drop the A and stick with the liver which i all ready do. what would be the deal with vitamin D though, they are cofactors arent they? the A nad the D, that's a big reason why i do so much, because im doing 10k of D.

You could always get your vitamin A from liver and vitamin D from the sun, or either.

true, i live in low sun area though, although the A I could get just from liver for sure.

DaveFoster

what do you think is the right dose for those? yeah that would make sense..... my thyroid SUCKS lol. i will lay off. it's mostly for trying to cure the fungus on my chest, clearly it's not working though. maybe i will just drop the A and stick with the liver which i all ready do. what would be the deal with vitamin D though, they are cofactors arent they? the A nad the D, that's a big reason why i do so much, because im doing 10k of D.

true, i live in low sun area though, although the A I could get just from liver for sure.
By the way, here's some dosages close to what Ray recommends.

Vitamin A: 10,000 IU (scales with improved thyroid function up to 100,000 IU/day or so max)
Vitamin D: 2,000 IU (not very much; be careful with D)
Vitamin E: 200 IU (if PUFA is sufficiently low)
Vitamin K: 1 mg/325 mg aspirin (up to 975 mg aspirin/day)

Ratio of A to D - 5:1 UP TO 10:1

OP
mayweatherking
By the way, here's some dosages close to what Ray recommends.

Vitamin A: 10,000 IU (scales with improved thyroid function up to 100,000 IU/day or so max)
Vitamin D: 2,000 IU (not very much; be careful with D)
Vitamin E: 200 IU (if PUFA is sufficiently low)
Vitamin K: 1 mg/325 mg aspirin (up to 975 mg aspirin/day)

Ratio of A to D - 5:1 UP TO 10:1

my ratios weren't really that off then........... interesting. danny roddy does 40mg doses of k2, albiet topically..... that's why mine was so high, i dont know how much he does of the others though.... are you sure that k2 is that low, it seems really low.

DaveFoster

my ratios weren't really that off then........... interesting. danny roddy does 40mg doses of k2, albiet topically..... that's why mine was so high, i dont know how much he does of the others though.... are you sure that k2 is that low, it seems really low.
K2 is relatively safe. Personally, I'm taking 8 mg/day. I've done 30 mg/day for enlarging jaw structure. I've heard people doing 45 mg/day with no problems.

snowboard111

I can't say what's the right dose for you but given your reaction to vitamin A, I would reduce it or stop it.

If you eat 5-6oz of liver a week it's around 50,000 UI of vitamin A (I don't know how reliable are those value) plus you have a significant amount of copper which help with thyroid...

I'm still a little bit puzzle by how long fat soluble vitamins are stored in the liver but I really don't think they need to be taken everyday. Even if you liver suck, it's not like you take it and it magically disappeared.

As for vitamin D, if you live in a sunny area, I would definitely stop it. I think you get a much more wide array of benefits by the sun than the supplement, the warm feeling and everything...Might help if you can expose your chest directly.

Anyway, I'm sure you know all of this ;) continue to experiment...

Last edited:

Lecarpetron

@mayweatherking
I get achy bones/joints when I take more than 5mg K2 per day. I'm trying to get to 45mg/day slowly. If you just jumped right into K2, you might want to back off and increase slowly as well?

OP
mayweatherking
I can't say what's the right dose for you but given your reaction to vitamin A, I would reduce it or stop it.

If you eat 5-6oz of liver a week it's around 50,000 UI of vitamin A (I don't know how reliable are those value) plus you have a significant amount of copper which help with thyroid...

I'm still a little bit puzzle by how long fat soluble vitamins are stored in the liver but I really don't think they need to be taken everyday. Even if you liver suck, it's not like you take it and it magically disappeared.

As for vitamin D, if you live in a sunny area, I would definitely stop it. I think you get a much more wide array of benefits by the sun than the supplement, the warm feeling and everything...Might help if you can expose your chest directly.

Anyway, I'm sure you know all of this ;) continue to experiment...

i see........ i dont know how its suppressing my thyroid though because i still have good temps and pulses... i dk why i need to take thyroid either because i can get my temp and pulse up by itself but taking thyroid just works better.

@mayweatherking
I get achy bones/joints when I take more than 5mg K2 per day. I'm trying to get to 45mg/day slowly. If you just jumped right into K2, you might want to back off and increase slowly as well?

ok thanks good to know.

I use estroban and apply it topically.
\

i did that... and i watched my vitamin D drop A LOT

K2 is relatively safe. Personally, I'm taking 8 mg/day. I've done 30 mg/day for enlarging jaw structure. I've heard people doing 45 mg/day with no problems.

yeah roddy does it.

OP
mayweatherking
Huum? Do you understand that @haidut?

FWIW, I don't think I was dosing high enough with it. I think 10 drops is like 1k of D or something. Like I said, I need 10k of D. I started buying estroban like 5 at a time just to get enough of vitamin D, but it was too much money.

DaveFoster

@mayweatherking
I've heard of similar problems due to enlargement of your bone structure, particularly with the jaw. If such a low dose gives you joint pain, then it may be beneficial to your bone health. Talk to a doctor.

OP
mayweatherking
I've heard of similar problems due to enlargement of your bone structure, particularly with the jaw. If such a low dose gives you joint pain, then it may be beneficial to your bone health. Talk to a doctor.

my doctor didn't know anything... i got a bunch of blood work done after this and he basically said everything was normal and that was the end of it... ? it's like.... ok..............

last night, i put on topical vitamin E and haven't used any of the vitamins today.... i have a bad headache today now........ down the rabbit hole we go again..... :)

DaveFoster

my doctor didn't know anything... i got a bunch of blood work done after this and he basically said everything was normal and that was the end of it... ? it's like.... ok..............

last night, i put on topical vitamin E and haven't used any of the vitamins today.... i have a bad headache today now........ down the rabbit hole we go again..... :)
I got a headache from vitamin E as well; I'm almost sure it's caused by dehydration.

Vitamin E ----> lowered estrogen -----> reduced bloat and water retention ------> dehydration -----> headache

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals