Is Thirst A Sign Of Energy Expenditure?

kineticz

As we know, water is vital to organisms and life.

Does thirst reflect health and vitality in any way?

My experience is that the thirstier I am, the more active I am generally and the more clear my goals are. I would drink up to 3l a day in my early 20s 4 or so years ago.

Since being hypothyroid, I barely touch water, even after adding large amounts of salt. Urine is always clear too when I'd expect it to be less so.

tara

I think evaporation and thirst can be expected to rise as metabolism and basal temps and sweat rise, as well as being related to food intake.

RPDiciple

like tara says. If the fluid you drink turn mostly to evaporation thats a great sign. If it just makes you a bit colder and you pee out all again its bad

Zachs

Yea a good sign of high metabolism is if you are drinking a gallon or so of combined liquids a day and only peeing 3-4 times in 24 hours.

side note, I find it funny that fruitarians believe that one should pee 12 times a day, always clear. I cannot imagine how cold they must be.

OP
kineticz

kineticz

Zachs said:
Yea a good sign of high metabolism is if you are drinking a gallon or so of combined liquids a day and only peeing 3-4 times in 24 hours.

side note, I find it funny that fruitarians believe that one should pee 12 times a day, always clear. I cannot imagine how cold they must be.

I am noticing my thirst return, by adding salt every day and consuming licorice seems to help I notice the past few days I am thirstier for mineral water.

I have read low estrogen stops the body from retaining sodium, causing water retention, so this could also be proof licorice is raising estrogen and therefore sodium retention, allowing me to ingest water again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals