Is there hope for an infected tooth?

vickypicky

My dentist said I have to get the tooth out, it’s infected and there’s no hope for it. So I came to ask all you wonderful people - is there really no hope for it? Is there something I can do to heal it?

In the pic you can see the infected black area under the root.
B5487A14-0454-4652-87E0-6B2BBF58227F.jpeg

OP
vickypicky

vickypicky

Thanks so much! I will get on it right away! But do you think it will help when the infection is so deep in the root?
Yes, and I would also get a high UMF Manuka honey and take it twice a day, on an empty stomach, in the morning and at bedtime, to kill the infection internally. A good Manuka honey is the best antibiotic!…

“Luckily, research shows that high-grade Manuka honey inhibits the oral bacteria associated with plaque formation, tooth decay and gum disease. And, unlike sugar, honey doesn't create an acidic demineralising environment in the mouth (which is how tooth decay starts).”

OP
vickypicky

vickypicky

Yes, and I would also get a high UMF Manuka honey and take it twice a day, on an empty stomach, in the morning and at bedtime, to kill the infection internally. A good Manuka honey is the best antibiotic!…

“Luckily, research shows that high-grade Manuka honey inhibits the oral bacteria associated with plaque formation, tooth decay and gum disease. And, unlike sugar, honey doesn't create an acidic demineralising environment in the mouth (which is how tooth decay starts).”

Girl, you’re amazing. THANK YOU so much! I’m currently pregnant and would HATE to have to pull it! I will give this a few weeks and see! THANK YOU!

Girl, you’re amazing. THANK YOU so much! I’m currently pregnant and would HATE to have to pull it! I will give this a few weeks and see! THANK YOU!
I am so happy to be of help! You got enough going on being pregnant. I think it will help a lot in just a matter of days, not weeks. Do not swallow the oil you swish with. Let me know how it goes :)

KGK

My husband was told to get a root canal by both the dentist and oral surgeon. First, he took a round of amoxicillin from the dentist. He also started rinsing a few times a day with a homemade mixture of xylitol(one teaspoon) and warmish water. Occasionally/seldom he'd rub vitamin d directly on the tooth. The pain went away so he kept delaying the root canal(just didn't want to do it). I was getting worried that it would cause deeper issues so I encouraged him to have someone look at it again. He went to the dentist about 2 months later. She changed her mind and said don't get one. We're just knocking on wood for him.

I wish I could tell you exactly what she said but he wasn't super clear about that. Anyway, good luck with it. My suspicion is that the xylitol was the most helpful factor for healing long term.

FYI: Pregnancy wise I can't confirm safety of any substance. Just double check.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Cool to know about Manuka and dental infections. thanks.

In early late March or April I was told I had to get a root canal (or pull my tooth). I decided to experiment with mms (sodium chlorite mixed with citric acid to form chlorine dioxide). I dissolved a couple of drops initially in DMSO and then in water (10:1 ratio solvent to chlorine dioxide). I held the solution around the tooth for a min or so and then swished it and spit it out.

To be fair, till the MMS kit arrived I used amoxicillin for 10 days. However, in the past the pain returned. This time around, after a few days the pain subsided. it returned for a bit so I treated it again with MMS for 3 days, some with DMSO and some with water. I think the effect is the same.
Had no serious pain since. The occasional slight dullness, but nothing troubling at all.
Also, when I flossed my gums used to bleed. not anymore.

So, it is mid June, and no root canal yet. I will continue using it occasionally, maybe once a week.

Jam

Before 2019, I was getting an average of one tooth pulled per year, starting in 2012, due to advanced periodontal disease involving most of my teeth. In 2019 I discovered SSKI and have not lost a single tooth since. Occasionally, I will get the beginnings of a gingival abscess, and a few days of topical SSKI application and oral supplementation resolves them without fail.

Inaut

Clove and thyme oil might be worth a try(add it to an oil of some sort so you don’t burn yourself). Coconut on its own won’t do much.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Clove and thyme oil might be worth a try(add it to an oil of some sort so you don’t burn yourself). Coconut on its own won’t do much.
Just to chime in with my experience - I tried both for my dental root infections, but these didn't work for me.

akgrrrl

Just to chime in with my experience - I tried both for my dental root infections, but these didn't work for me.
And that could be because there are many iterations of the same substance, for example my grocer has 39 types of "milk".
With the resurgence of essential oils, many is on the bandwagon for a profit without regard to purity pesticides or therapeutic content.Heat and pressure destroy the active components in aromatic botanicals, so where are the masrer distillers fot an art lost for thousands of years. We retained a small cohort worldwide for perfumery, not therapeutics. Try YoungLiving.also, there is a good O3 product on Amazon.

Inaut

And that could be because there are many iterations of the same substance, for example my grocer has 39 types of "milk".
With the resurgence of essential oils, many is on the bandwagon for a profit without regard to purity pesticides or therapeutic content.Heat and pressure destroy the active components in aromatic botanicals, so where are the masrer distillers fot an art lost for thousands of years. We retained a small cohort worldwide for perfumery, not therapeutics. Try YoungLiving.also, there is a good O3 product on Amazon.
good points to think about.

I second the O3 suggestion now that you mentioned it. Ozonated water and oils...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Which brand of manuka honey have you found that is the best?

Saphire

Where can you purchase the Manuka Honey? I am in a similar situation with a toothe. It's not infected, but cracked and a cavity and I was just going to have it pulled. However, I have been in a thyroid storm and not wanting to put any of those numbing chemicals in my body.

Barry

So, definitely take vitamin D, preferably one with coconut oil, not PUFA. "Sports Research" vitamin D is good.

Here is a recent study posted by Haidut on vitamin D and cavities:

http://haidut.me/?p=1879

My experience is that starches are bad for teeth and sugar is good. Milk is good also.

Where can you purchase the Manuka Honey? I am in a similar situation with a toothe. It's not infected, but cracked and a cavity and I was just going to have it pulled. However, I have been in a thyroid storm and not wanting to put any of those numbing chemicals in my body.
Health food stores, Sprout’s and Amazon has it, but I get mine from vitacost.com

Lollipop2

Which brand of manuka honey have you found that is the best?
I use this one. Whole Foods Sells the Factor 16+ in a glass jar. I buy that one, but is the same as this one:

Wedderspoon Raw Premium Manuka Honey, KFactor 16, 17.6 Oz, Genuine New Zealand Honey, Traceable from Our Hives to Your Home https://a.co/d/dMNih2F

Saphire

So, definitely take vitamin D, preferably one with coconut oil, not PUFA. "Sports Research" vitamin D is good.

Here is a recent study posted by Haidut on vitamin D and cavities:

http://haidut.me/?p=1879

My experience is that starches are bad for teeth and sugar is good. Milk is good also.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately the link wouldn't come up ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals