Is There Anything Wrong With Combining Fruit And Meat?

OP
gately

gately

I have been on diet of meet, fish, seafood, eggs and fruits for over 18 months now. Some beef tallow and cocoa butter for fat. That is all I eat. I just can't eat anything else, because otherwise I get my rheumatoid arthritis symptoms return. I love this diet. It feels great. I don't even crave other foods anymore. It is restrictive, but excruciating pain restricts you far more and excludes from life. My labs are perfect, maybe except iron which is in high end of norm, but I choose life without pain.

Hey Ania, I asked this in your thread but might as well ask here since it’s relevant. What does your typical daily diet look like, meaning what do eat for your meals and in what combinations?

Trying to see if something like this would work for me.

I just had pineapple juice and eggs, for instance. And it gave me an upset stomach. I suspect a less acid fruit like Grape juice would go down better with the eggs and will try that tomorrow.

Ania

I eat 3 meals in a day. For breakfast I usually have bananas with raw eggs in form of shake with salt - sounds gross, but actually it tastes amazing. I have 3-4 eggs and 4-5 bananas.
In early afternoon - meat, fish or seafood with fruits and fat.
In the evening I only have fruits.
It takes at least a pound of fruits per meal for me not to be hungry. It doesn't work with juices, I need some bulk to feel satiated. Fruits should be well ripe.

Herbie

Brasilians eat pineapple after meat for digestion. There is truth in tradition

Xisca

Pineapple has bromelain....

For eggs, I separate the yolk to eat it raw and lightly cook the white, becauase it removes some antinutrients.

Also considere stopping eggs sometimes, cycle it. It is an alergizing protein. i really dont want to have to stop eggs so I am careful!

The best way I have found to eat the white it to shake it with tomato puree and then heat it in the saucepan. it makes a great dinner before bed and avoids any heartburn because of the acidity that helps to digest the protein. I often even add apple vinegar to this red tortilla!

If the meat has fats, it needs acidity, but I would say that meat also needs acidity! So I woud not eat rice but fruits with meat! Fruits are acid.

EXCarni Lady

I have always cooked meat and fruit together aside from times I was vegan or carni or keto. One of my favorite holiday dinners is elk or venison with roasted blueberries. Or any sort of red meat or red game meat with lingonberries. I am making this for my Julbord (Swedish Christmas feast). I have elk meatballs going on with lingon for it and venison with roasted blueberry sauce. On any given night I saute apples or pears to serve with meat dinner.

Vinny

Now you go and ask those "physicians" what exactly they mean by fruit. And then ask what they mean by veggies. You will be surprised how many actual fruits they call veggies and vice versa. Another thing that what exactly have been called fruits and veggies in Sanskrit ayurveda texts is totally different from modern fruits and veggies in India. Modern India consumes mostly non native veggies and fruits species like tomato, bell pepper, chilies, onions, green beans, potato, cauliflower, okra and others.
Vedic cuisine is gone. What they do call now vedic could be called neo-vedic at best.
Great points. Absolutely love posts like this.