Is There Anything Inherently Wrong With Eating A Tonne Of Cocoa?

ExD

And high concentrations of heavy metals and phytic acid iirc, and of course endotoxin

Personally don't think a few blocks a week (I'm assuming you mean less than 50g) would cause any serious issues. Oxolates can upset the gut and phytates will reduce vitamin absorption but cocoa is still extremely nutritious and makes me feel good in moderation

Frankdee20

You can also find high quality powdered real Cacao that you add hot water to... Maybe you can avoid the fillers like soy lecithin and what have you. The fat content might be a bit less...

Frankdee20

You can also look up which products have low levels of cadmium and lead... The nibs seem to be less prone to contamination

golder

Ooops. I didn't realise there was an issue. I've been having a large cup of cocoa hot chocolate every night before bed. Is that like to be an issue?

Jessie

Only thing I can think of is nausea, but you may not have this problem anyways. I get nauseous if I eat too much cocoa, I guess it's due to the richness of it. But cocoa is generally considered a very good pro-metabolic food. It's high in stearic acid which dilutes intracellular pufa, this is arguably better then medium chain fats, which only dilute liberated pufa. Cocoa is also high in insoluble fiber that speeds up transit time.