Is there any sense on refined sugar causing acne?

peatyzilian

I'm having strong acnes since i stopped doing Keto Diet and started to do a Peaty Diet. I started eating fruits again, fruit juice, and refined sugar. But, i started eating again too starches like white rice, potatoes, and occasionally white bread too.
I'm 18 and leave with my parents, and my mom think's it's the (refined) sugar causing acne, but i think it's the starch. I can't convince her that it's the starch that is causing skin inflammation on me, and she gets really mad just by me giving the idea to stop eating starch. I don't like too see my mom disappointed or stressed, so what should i do?

Herbie

At least cut out the wheat and keep the rice and potatoes.

The two main things which I've seen cause acne is chocolate and dairy fat.

Ray Peat has cautioned people that mixing refined sugar and starch in the same meal can mess with the gut bacteria

OP
P

peatyzilian

At least cut out the wheat and keep the rice and potatoes.

The two main things which I've seen cause acne is chocolate and dairy fat.

Ray Peat has cautioned people that mixing refined sugar and starch in the same meal can mess with the gut bacteria
Yeah, i forgoted to mention that i'm eating much more dairy.
More heavy cream, more condensed milk, more butter, et cetera.
I guess i will cut the wheat and the dairy for a while, and see if the acne clears up.
Also, i didnt' know that mix refined sugar and starch was bad. I usually drink orange juice with extra sugar with my meal, so i gonna stop too.

Herbie

I've found having skim milk is ok. I'm not sure if you have learnt about the randle cycle yet?

OP
P

peatyzilian

I've found having skim milk is ok. I'm not sure if you have learnt about the randle cycle yet?
Please tell me a little about it. I have heard once that skim milk is good for randle cycle, but i don't have very knowledge on this subject.

BodhiBlues

When I was around your age I got rid of my acne by cutting out refined sugar and grains, but now I can have both with no issues at all.

Herbie

Please tell me a little about it. I have heard once that skim milk is good for randle cycle, but i don't have very knowledge on this subject.
Fat and carbs compete for which gets used by the body and can cause insulin issues which could cause acne. That's why it's recommended if going high carb to have low fat, higher fat works better with low carb but low carb has too many draw backs for health in the long term.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals