Is There Any Reason Not To Take Methylene Blue Permanently?

shepherdgirl

I am still unclear about the interaction between MB and red light. I understand there is some synergy there but for some reason I am wary about using them together.

Apparently methylene blue basically increases the effects of red light, and in combination they can increase reactive oxygen species to a harmful level. I'm not sure where the harmful level is. I think a 60 µg dose of methylene blue, as Ray recommends, probably won't have much effect with red light. 5 mg may have some effect with red light. I personally don't get any effect from 60 µg but I do get a really good effect from 5 mg so occasionally I will use methylene blue and I do use red light, so sue me, LOL.

shepherdgirl

I agree that 60 micrograms seems like it would be more likely to produce a beneficial synergistic effect due to the ROS. This from @haidut on riboflavin's powerful antibiotic activity (and its similarity to MB) :
"I suspect it is due to the increased generations of ROS. Methylene blue, especially in combination with red light has the same mechanism of action against bacteria. So, lower doses riboflavin and MB, especially when combined with red light may be able to achieve what the high doses did in that study." see thread

ander454

Does anyone out there simply not tolerate MB at, say a dose of 1mg? I tried MB for the first time earlier this week (1mg) and had some absolutely horrible symptoms including: anxiety/panic attacks, shivering, feeling hot/cold, heartbeat cycling from 70bpm up to 100pbm or more. I honestly thought it was possible that I was going to die at times. I just finally got over it (fingers crossed). I think the 1mg dose is so small it can't be some serotonin reaction, right? I'm not on SSRI anyways (although ate a lot of turkey recently...) Would it be more likely a herxheimer reaction? As soon as I took real good care of my gut (carrots, gelatin, OJ, raw cheese, nonfat milk, Lauricidin, fruit, etc) it started getting better. Finally I took a probiotics pill and noticed my biggest improvement so far. So, it seems like herxheimer, but still perplexing. Maybe an allergic reaction? So scary to me, I don't understand why this was so dangerous in my situation. My wife also had some anxiety after taking 0.5mg, but it went away after 1-2 hours and she had no other symptoms.

VansEnigma

Apparently methylene blue basically increases the effects of red light, and in combination they can increase reactive oxygen species to a harmful level. I'm not sure where the harmful level is. I think a 60 µg dose of methylene blue, as Ray recommends, probably won't have much effect with red light. 5 mg may have some effect with red light. I personally don't get any effect from 60 µg but I do get a really good effect from 5 mg so occasionally I will use methylene blue and I do use red light, so sue me, LOL.
Do you still use MB orally and red light? I use MB pretty regularly but I just found out its potential DNA damage effect when combined with Red Light. However, I'm not sure if that is topical or oral. I only dose my MB around 1-2mg a day in my coffee.

CastorTroy

Do you still use MB orally and red light? I use MB pretty regularly but I just found out its potential DNA damage effect when combined with Red Light. However, I'm not sure if that is topical or oral. I only dose my MB around 1-2mg a day in my coffee.
I would like to see those studies and what dosages of MB and red light produced DNA damage. I used to take 10mg MB 4x/week and red light occasionally with mild positive outcome in energy. Stopped due to heavy metal concern for the MB not being pharma grade or human consumption like the one used in ER.

VansEnigma

I would like to see those studies and what dosages of MB and red light produced DNA damage. I used to take 10mg MB 4x/week and red light occasionally with mild positive outcome in energy. Stopped due to heavy metal concern for the MB not being pharma grade or human consumption like the one used in ER.

Other forum posts that discussed this topic:
However, I watched the Generative Energy Podcast with Georgi on MB and it seems like he thinks that MB being a photosensitizer is a good thing since it increases the benefits of Red Light. I found an interesting article that discusses this: Methylene Blue As A Photosensitizer in Light Therapy
My understanding is that too much red light exposure is also not good. There is a limit to its benefits and more doesn't mean it'll be better. So I guess it's up to us to come up with our own consensus on this topic. My take is if you are going to take MB then it should only be around 1-2mg and if you are planning to use Red Light, use half of the time or even less than you usually use. In addition, if you're going to take MB maybe instead of using Redlight 4-5 times a week, you use 2-3 times.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals