Is there any point taking miniscule amount of T3 daily?

Is it absorbable to drop one on bread and eat this ? Since that may slowly get used as opposed to topical

Good question. Ray Peat sometimes suggests taking thyroid with food. I'd guess that putting the liquid supplement on your food would achieve the same effect, but I haven't tried it.

have you checked your cholestrol levels? low cholestrol will cause bad reactions to thyroid i think

Thanks @gaze; good point. I haven't tested cholesterol for a long time. Worth checking.

hei

Dr Peat has frequently suggested taking magnesium at the same time as supplementing thyroid. There are numerous factors that impede the effective use of thyroid for very hypo people, magnesium deficiency is one. Others are low thiamine, and perhaps endotoxin.

Broda Barnes suggested that, “for a particularly large man or woman, two grains may be used – but no more than that at the beginning. The starting dosage should be maintained for about two months. After that, if necessary, the dosage may be increased.” How many of us are rushing the process? I certainly have and I am paying a heavy price for it with high adrenaline.
Two grains is a way off the 0.004 grains being promoted in here. Do you think Broda Barnes' recommendation is too aggressive? Maybe it's different because people are using t3.

Nebula

I started at 0.1 mcg T3 (with 0.2 mcg T4) every couple of hours, 8-9x a day, and it made all the difference in the world. It seemed to help at first by allowing me to better absorb things like magnesium, probably copper, etc. I was having constant long-lasting muscle cramps and they were gone within about a week of starting that dinky dose.

After a couple of weeks I was able to increase the dosage without the kinds of problems you talk about.

After about 10 weeks, I briefly got up to 7.5 mcg T3/day (15 mcg T4), divided up in small hourly doses on my successful run with thyroid, but it cleared up muscle stiffness, stuffy nose, and aching joints and nerve pain, helped with weight loss, better sleep, better breathing. I had to cut back after about a week at my peak level because I started getting hyperthyroid symptoms on that dose. Since then, I've had to continue to cut back. I may only need thyroid in the winter, or I may only have needed a kickstart. Maybe you're the same, Dobbler.

So I'm a huge believer in very small doses.

This was with Tyromix. I never got anywhere with Thiroyd pills from Thailand even though the same batch of pills worked for a loved one.
Do you think T4 is important when micro dosing thyroid like this? Have you tried T3 only?

Dr. B

Two grains is a way off the 0.004 grains being promoted in here. Do you think Broda Barnes' recommendation is too aggressive? Maybe it's different because people are using t3.

the natural dessicated thyroid has T1, T2, T3, T4, calcitonin and parathyroid. maybe more things that arent discovered or labelled. mainstream science i believe claims T1 and T2 dont do anything or that they dont know their functions but they probably play a role. those other factors probably prevent an overdose or toxic reactions

FitnessMike

I started at 0.1 mcg T3 (with 0.2 mcg T4) every couple of hours, 8-9x a day, and it made all the difference in the world. It seemed to help at first by allowing me to better absorb things like magnesium, probably copper, etc. I was having constant long-lasting muscle cramps and they were gone within about a week of starting that dinky dose.

After a couple of weeks I was able to increase the dosage without the kinds of problems you talk about.

After about 10 weeks, I briefly got up to 7.5 mcg T3/day (15 mcg T4), divided up in small hourly doses on my successful run with thyroid, but it cleared up muscle stiffness, stuffy nose, and aching joints and nerve pain, helped with weight loss, better sleep, better breathing. I had to cut back after about a week at my peak level because I started getting hyperthyroid symptoms on that dose. Since then, I've had to continue to cut back. I may only need thyroid in the winter, or I may only have needed a kickstart. Maybe you're the same, Dobbler.

So I'm a huge believer in very small doses.

This was with Tyromix. I never got anywhere with Thiroyd pills from Thailand even though the same batch of pills worked for a loved one.
Nemo, what did you dilute your tyromix with?

FitnessMike