Is there any evidence that meat 'putrefies' in the gut/colon?

skittles

I've heard this meme over and over. My personal experience is that meat makes me feel good and my digestion is good when I eat a diet pretty high in meat.

My personal observation is that maybe people who typically eat a lot of fatty meat have more of an issue than people who typically eat lean meat. But then of course, there's the carnivores, who eat plenty of fatty meat and seem perfectly fine.

From what I've learned, it's basically just starch bulk that putrefies in the gut. Is there any science to back up the claim that meat putrefies in the gut? Or, on a related note, is there any salt to the idea that fatty meat is somehow worse for gut health than lean meat?

Missenger

I'd think anything could putrefy in the gut if it doesn't digest completely, the protein of anything doesn't exactly digest completely unless it's dairy (which is partially why Ray harps on about dairy and masa harina even) since the 'undigestable' dairy proteins convert to sugar and digest that way.

gaze

I know ray says aged meat increase polyamine formation which is cancerous, I wonder if meat that stays in the colon too long from constipation continues polyamine formation ?

tankasnowgod

I've heard this meme over and over. My personal experience is that meat makes me feel good and my digestion is good when I eat a diet pretty high in meat.

My personal observation is that maybe people who typically eat a lot of fatty meat have more of an issue than people who typically eat lean meat. But then of course, there's the carnivores, who eat plenty of fatty meat and seem perfectly fine.

From what I've learned, it's basically just starch bulk that putrefies in the gut. Is there any science to back up the claim that meat putrefies in the gut? Or, on a related note, is there any salt to the idea that fatty meat is somehow worse for gut health than lean meat?

Meat doesn't rot or putrefy in your colon. Plant matter does-

Missenger

After I lost my intestines, I was left with only about ten inches of small bowel which was formed into a jejunostomy stoma as seen in the image. What you see in that graphic is all of the small intestine I had left. So in essence, I was able to see what passed directly out of the human stomach. It really doesn’t matter even if some doctor backs this erroneous claim, because doctors never deal with ostomies. Emptying of the ostomy bag is a job that even nurses do not perform regularly, but is the job of a “Tech” in a hospital. For those who don’t know, the Tech is person who goes room to room checking and recording blood pressure, temperature and blood sugar.

“Because I had such an extremely short bowel, my output was very high because no absorption had taken place. I was fed and hydrated by infusion and could literally live without eating or drinking at all. Because of my excessive output, we had to make a rig that had a hose extending from the ostomy bag that drained into a one gallon jug. Often the hose would get clogged and my wife or sister would have to use a coat hanger wire to unplug it. Now if vegan pseudoscience is right, we would suspect that the hose was being plugged by pieces of meat.

Never once did we see any solid chunks of meat. I became so curious about this that I once swallowed the largest chunk of meat I could possibly get down without choking. Because of the shortness of my bowel, it only took about twenty minutes for my stomach to empty into the ostomy. Better than two hours later, there were no signs of any meat chunks. What was always clogging the ostomy tube were pieces of vegetables that were not fully chewed.

Entire pieces of olive, lettuce, broccoli florets, grains and seeds were found. Yet, large pieces of fat were never witnessed. As a matter of fact, all the fat from the meat was already emulsified by the bile into solution. Over time, fat would coagulate on the side walls of the ostomy bag, but never were there any solid pieces observed.”
Neat.

OP
skittles

skittles

Okay, this is exactly what I thought. I dunno how this myth is still going. Most people I know seem to just assume it's a fact.

It depends on a few factors, such as how well the protein is being digested and the composition of your microbiome. A diet high in soluble fibre keeps the pH of the colon relatively low due to the production of short chain fatty acids, and a low pH inhibits the growth of putrefactive microbes. Protein fermentation results in toxic byproducts such as nitric oxide, ammonia, and hydrogen sulfide (which the toxicity of is comparable to cyanide). If the protein you eat is being fermented, you will feel it.

ursidae

Chronically sick people have high gastric juice pH. Meat isn’t easy to digest you need above average (thyroid) health to have proper stomach acidity, no B vitamin deficiencies, adequate zinc and iodine status… most people don’t meet that criteria which is why they find relief from quitting meat, especially beef and dairy which requires a very low ph since it’s alkaline, high water and high volume. Milk and beef are the hardest things for a sick person to digest

Ben.

Chronically sick people have high gastric juice pH. Meat isn’t easy to digest you need above average (thyroid) health to have proper stomach acidity, no B vitamin deficiencies, adequate zinc and iodine status… most people don’t meet that criteria which is why they find relief from quitting meat, especially beef and dairy which requires a very low ph since it’s alkaline, high water and high volume. Milk and beef are the hardest things for a sick person to digest

I consider myself chronicly sick and the most problematic foods to digest properly are nuts, seeds and vegetables.
Dont think we can generalize it.

rei

That's completely opposite of truth. Milk and beef is a great elimination diet that can heal the worst kind of chronic sickness. Maybe partially exactly because it re-awakens a sleeping digestive tract and restarts gastric acid secretion resulting in overall improved digestion.

ursidae

That's completely opposite of truth. Milk and beef is a great elimination diet that can heal the worst kind of chronic sickness. Maybe partially exactly because it re-awakens a sleeping digestive tract and restarts gastric acid secretion resulting in overall improved digestion.
Not for me. Not only does it not awaken my digestive tract but it inflames me more and more with every passing day. People here say a matter of quality of the product and the individual’s digestion. I have made sure the quality is taken care of so it’s the low stomach acid that’s the issue. I have experimented enough to know

there’s two types of sick people I find
-the type whose immune system overreacts to everything but thyroid and histamine levels are good, stomach acid production is naturally high, will easily thrive as long as as they exclude their numerous food sensitivities, can eat raw meat, drink raw milk and not end up in a hospital bleeding out of their **** (happened to me). Peat lifestyle will work for them

and there’s the
-low thyroid, low histamine, gastric ph 5+ person, predisposed to metabolic syndrome, immunodeficient, gets hypervitaminosis A from 1 oz of liver, poor nutrition in infancy, with SIBO and low IgA. If this person goes on a raw beef and milk cleanse it might kill them. They can eat vegetation as long as it’s well cooked. This type needs to do a lot more work than type 1 that is generally robust but hypersensitive

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals