Is there a way to 'supplement' cholesterol? Instead of eating so many eggs and liver

Dr. B

I'm open to alternative explanations, including poisoning or other toxic factors like radiation. Mad cow disease only appeared in Europe and mostly in Britain. In other countries, like the US, Australia, Brazil or Argentina there was no cases. I think sunlight deficiency might play the biggest role in general health to animals who used to roam outside all day long. The chemist Udo Pollmer talked about mycotoxins in corn and how it is a big problem in animal feed. Corn production has skyrocketed in Europe as animal feed and bio ethanol production. Europe might be too humide for corn causing lots of fungal diseases and mycotoxin contamination. This would be a candidate for poisoning.
seems it was the radiation then as werent US doing the same thing i heard the standards for milk/animal health are stricter in the Uk compared to the US. the official explanation is also cannibalism in cows, i asked Peat about it he said somethng like he hasnt heard of cannibalism causing negative health effects. so this seems like one of those mainstream myths, or maybe it has some truth. where any "genetic defects" things like mad cow are blamed on unsanitary conditions or cannibalism.

P

Peatness

What is the relationship between sugar and cholesterol? Why would these help? I thought sugar is just easy fuel for cells.
I am trying to find a paper on this, I had one but can't find it at the moment. The liver can convert sugar to cholesterol

P

Peatness

I encourage people to eat sweet fruits, rather than starches, if they want to increase their production of cholesterol, since fructose has that effect. Ray Peat

OP
A

AnonE

Any sources/references on sugars leading to cholesterol?

P

Peatness

K

Kaur Singh

Acetyl-COA is a precursor
you need that working
and to get that working
you need pyruvate,
so not waste it to lactic acid
you need glucose to Krebs
protein too
acetyl-Coa also synthesized from ketogenic amino acids.

there is how it gets transported around the body too

search endogenous cholesterol metabolism
I think one needs to go through a few sources to get a bigger picture

I used to have a nice simple graph - if I find it, i'll post it here

I wonder if a little bit of B5 is helpful too,
if one is low on cholesterol
- are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals