Is there a way to speed up metabolism to be able to eat more calories?

nigma

Working out and keeping stress low will grow muscles which will increase your bodies total caloric expenditure. So, yes. Since the brain uses more energy per weight/volume than any other organ you think there would be an equivalent way to increase brain mass to increase energy expenditure. This is my quest.

Does anyone know if there is a way to boost metabolism to be able to eat more? Will eating more cause the body to adjust to make more energy?
I think taking Peat's advice and having honey or fruit 15 minutes to a half hour before a meal is a good strategy. My husband has never been a big eater, but needs to eat A LOT more nowadays with his recent health issues, and it has been helpful to get him hungrier throughout the day. I also recommend staying away from heavy fat and starch meals early in the day. Everytime I give him a bowl of oatmeal, avocado, masa or beans gor breakfast or lunch he isn't hungry for almost the rest of the day. Save those types of foods for the end of the day.

Dr. B

I think taking Peat's advice and having honey or fruit 15 minutes to a half hour before a meal is a good strategy. My husband has never been a big eater, but needs to eat A LOT more nowadays with his recent health issues, and it has been helpful to get him hungrier throughout the day. I also recommend staying away from heavy fat and starch meals early in the day. Everytime I give him a bowl of oatmeal, avocado, masa or beans gor breakfast or lunch he isn't hungry for almost the rest of the day. Save those types of foods for the end of the day.
Was it Peat who said its better to have carbs/fats towards the end of the day to lower stress hormones more to help fall asleep and get good sleep!

Was it Peat who said its better to have carbs/fats towards the end of the day to lower stress hormones more to help fall asleep and get good sleep!
Yeah he did say fats and carbs in the evening, especially the fats, to fuel the liver for good sleep and for muscles, which feed on fat at night.

Dr. B

Yeah he did say fats and carbs in the evening, especially the fats, to fuel the liver for good sleep and for muscles, which feed on fat at night.
i like having my whole milk for breakfast and throughout the day, finishing it up by evening. what should be done, since thats most of my fat intake! is 10-15g fats at night time enough

i like having my whole milk for breakfast and throughout the day, finishing it up by evening. what should be done, since thats most of my fat intake! is 10-15g fats at night time enough
Whatever amount keeps you sleeping comfortably through the whole night would be a good indication if it is enough.

yerrag

Does anyone know if there is a way to boost metabolism to be able to eat more? Will eating more cause the body to adjust to make more energy?
The weighing scale is a poor tool to start with. The best tool is to replace HbA1c as a tool to monitor your blood sugar health with a 5hr oral glucose tolerance test. In my experience.

I can see from the graph I make what is going on with my blood sugar level, and make an educated determination where my sugar metabolism is failing me. And I can work on that area.

Your blood sugar levels and how they fluctuate over time is a very good proxy for how good your sugar metabolism is.

If it is very good, you will see no fluctuation from high to low. It is just within a tight range in between meals and during a 24hr. fast.

It tells you that sugar is being burned quickly and efficiently. And only optimal oxidative metabolism can do that.

retroactive

Thyroid is the basic thing that would speed up metabolism. Also keeping nutrition high and covering all the vitamins and minerals especially vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, b vitamins and generally avoiding deficiencies. Sugars are readily metabolized which supports a higher metabolic rate.

yerrag

Thyroid is the basic thing that would speed up metabolism. Also keeping nutrition high and covering all the vitamins and minerals especially vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, b vitamins and generally avoiding deficiencies. Sugars are readily metabolized which supports a higher metabolic rate.
There are others. Not just thyroid. Just recently I was able to see my ECG QTc improve taking methylene blue. My temperature went up as well about 0.3 C. And I lost my mid-day doldrums.

Metabolism is like a chain. It is as strong only as its weakest link. Thyroid is not the only link.

retroactive

There are others. Not just thyroid. Just recently I was able to see my ECG QTc improve taking methylene blue. My temperature went up as well about 0.3 C. And I lost my mid-day doldrums.

Metabolism is like a chain. It is as strong only as its weakest link. Thyroid is not the only link.
That is correct. Quinones are also prometabolic

InChristAlone

Just use @haidut 's energin, it has 6 b vitamins, and I was absolutely ravenously hungry using just 4 drops a day.

yerrag

jomamma007

There are many ways to increase the rate of metabolism: nutrition, red light, altitude, progesterone, DHEA, living a stimulating life, thyroid, coffee, aspirin, vitamin D, cascara sagrada (increasing bowel movements), etc.

"Keeping the metabolic rate up is the main thing and there are lots of ways to do it."

— Ray Peat (2015)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals