Is There A Way To Completely Heal From Excess Ammonia Damage?

Astolfo

Let's say, a 15 yo child had has hepatic encephalopathy for a 2 years. And he slowly heals itself from that disease. Could there be a possibility to getting a %100 recovery? How much this possibility is? This was my first question.

Could be a ssri have caused this?

Do you have any suggestion to accelerate or complete that recovery?

Thanks so much for all your answers.

aquaman

Don't have much to write on this, but I remember Ray talking about potato juice binding with ammonia, so could try using this in the diet a lot. We can certainly recover from long term illness, but would need abundance of good food to improve energy production.

I know virtually nothing about encephalopathy, however, so take this with a big pinch of salt.

OP
A

Astolfo

Don't have much to write on this, but I remember Ray talking about potato juice binding with ammonia, so could try using this in the diet a lot. We can certainly recover from long term illness, but would need abundance of good food to improve energy production.

I know virtually nothing about encephalopathy, however, so take this with a big pinch of salt.
Thanks.
According to that study, I'm about on the grade 2-3. I can't even write a single word without mistake now. It says that cognitive side effects persistent.
Persistence of Cognitive Impairment after Resolution of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy

OP
A

Astolfo

I think it's the worst thing I could be ever get on my life, it really seems permanent, even in the minimum case which I was living 6-7 months ago.

I guess I will never been suitable for studying to international olympiads, or watching a series and getting extreme intense emotions. I can't f' ing even clearly see the thing I'm looking to. Extreme sleepiness is a another spice of that.

Everything aside, I have to request from all of you very sincerely. I will go to a doctor and say that I'm suspicious about my situation. But even that we could solve everything, there will be damage that will persist. So I need suggestions to recover my brain. Increasing BDNF? Special substrats? I don't know but maybe some of the people here know some biohacking forums.

I'm sorry for the language mistakes by the way. I'm not native speaker or know english well.

OP
A

Astolfo

Bump! This is really important. If no one don't wanting to suggest me anything, I just want to know that is it reversible somehow?

Elephanto

It mainly causes kidney damage which Niacinamide (50mg/kg) and Thiamine (300mg) have been shown to reverse. Zinc levels also has a strong negative correlation with Ammonia levels. Prolonged excess ammonia can also result in higher Glutamate (excicotoxic) and lower Glutamine (neuroprotective) since it inhibits glutamine synthetase which converts Glutamate + Ammonia into Glutamine. Peat also mentions that Ceylon Cinnamon/Sodium Benzoate can reverse age-related cognitive deficits by removing Ammonia. I've mentioned several factors that help with kidney health here :
Ammonia/Kidney Damage From Mercury Theory Of Autism

OP
A

Astolfo

It mainly causes kidney damage which Niacinamide (50mg/kg) and Thiamine (300mg) have been shown to reverse. Zinc levels also has a strong negative correlation with Ammonia levels. Prolonged excess ammonia can also result in higher Glutamate (excicotoxic) and lower Glutamine (neuroprotective) since it inhibits glutamine synthetase which converts Glutamate + Ammonia into Glutamine. Peat also mentions that Ceylon Cinnamon/Sodium Benzoate can reverse age-related cognitive deficits by removing Ammonia. I've mentioned several factors that help with kidney health here :
Ammonia/Kidney Damage From Mercury Theory Of Autism

Thanks so much. Do you know any way to increase glutamine synthetase? I'm already using ceylon cinnamon for about 1 week at the amount of nearly a 1 teaspoon.

I'm thinking that the what is the cause of persistent damage even after complete resolve of this. Zinc deficiency or maybe that degeneration coming from ammonia itself.
I tried to read the paper I posted in my previous post but I couldn't understand much from. The thing worries me is that.

OP
A

Astolfo

Metranidazole seems one of the antibiotic that being used in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy. As I remember, I had also read that Lithium chelates ammonia. Psssd and pfs community had some users healed from Lithium or antibiotics.

My issues had started even before when I stopped the fluoxetine. It's probably not just an autoregulation disturbtion.

Elephanto

olive

Lithium orotate 5mg pre bed.
NSI-189 - 15mg sublingual daily for three months

aquaman

Bump! This is really important. If no one don't wanting to suggest me anything, I just want to know that is it reversible somehow?

What do you eat? How many calories? What timing? Food leads to healing, not supplements​

aquaman

Have you searched for Ray’s comments on ammonia

Eg on light.sx, this is the first result:

“then with low kidney function and a lot of bacteria in your intestine breaking down amino acids you can get accumulated ammonia. And that's where RL Veech, an NIH - I think it was - researcher, proposed using ketone, keto acids, equivalent to the essential amino acids, which will absorb the ammonia, even when a person has no functioning kidney”

Keto acids he mentions comes from potato juice.

You juice potatoes (after peeling) with a cheap centrifugal juicer, let the juice sit for 20 mins, then summer/gently boil for 10-15 mins.

If you juice 10 pounds, that would be over 110 grams of protein, makes a thin soup.

It’s not great by itself, better to add broth of boiled greens and oxtail soup, some cream, and lots of salt.

Make sure they are organic potatoes

aquaman

Another result on light.sx says that urea is formed by ammonia + CO2, so if you have ammonia build up, this would suggest low CO2.

So another solution would be to fix your hyperventilation (practice nose breathing and butekyo every day), improve oxidative metabolism through good, regular calories and do some bag rebreathing. Forgot about supplements.

RWilly

Look into lactulose. I believe you can make your own by heating milk.

From wikipedia:
Lactulose - Wikipedia

"Lactulose is useful in treating high blood ammonia, which can lead to hepatic encephalopathy. Lactulose helps trap the ammonia (NH3) in the colon and bind to it.[15] It does this by using gut flora to acidify the colon, transforming the freely diffusible ammonia into ammonium ions (NH+
4), which can no longer diffuse back into the blood.[16] It is also useful for preventing hyperammonemia caused as a side effect of administration of valproic acid.[17]"

OP
A

Astolfo

@aquaman I'm going to try potato juice and will try bag rebreathing as soon as possible. I have to find a bag now.

@RWilly I took 30 mL of lactulose 4 hours ago. For now, it didn't do nothing. I will take another 30 ml today and will do tomorrow as same. I don't know how long its effects last, so I don't think I can use it in weekdays. Maybe I should take a risk and try a antibiotic? What do you think? I have seen another post on the another forum that says one of pssd patient has cured itself with doxycycline. I'm actually quite suspicious about bacterial overgrowth. My gut problems have increased excessively since pssd.

I'm gonna create another topic about safety of antibiotics on childs. I got some useful informations from this topic already.

rei

Fasting is an universal cure for a majority of the diseases. It activates stem cells that go in and repair, restore and restart damaged functions.

Additionally it clears out and recycles the less than optimally functioning cells making your body function better overall.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals