Is There A Such Thing As A Loose Stomach Sphincter? "Gastric Dumping"

lvysaur

I'm asking because back when I was extremely hypothyroid, dairy products would give me gas.

When they did, it was never bloating, but little tiny pockets of gas immediately following consumption. As an example, eating just one teaspoon of ice cream would cause gas formation within 5 seconds of swallowing.

From my research, it seems that most lactose intolerant people get major gas from milk, and it happens at least 30 minutes to an hour after consumption, while my experience was instantaneous.

As of now, milk gives me zero gas, even if I drink a half gallon in a day.

The only way I can make sense of this happening is if my stomach sphincter was weak and I also had SIBO in my small intestine. The weak sphincter would explain the immediate onset of symptoms, because liquid milk would "leak" through. The SIBO would explain the pockets of gas. And because I'm lactose tolerant otherwise, the gas never transformed into major bloating or diarrhea, because the small intestine was still digesting a lot of the lactose.

"Gastric dumping" is the official terminology for this syndrome.

nullredvector

Maybe the fat being sensed by the tongue is triggering the gallbladder to release bile, and the bile js being turned to gas.

paymanz

I'm asking because back when I was extremely hypothyroid, dairy products would give me gas.

When they did, it was never bloating, but little tiny pockets of gas immediately following consumption. As an example, eating just one teaspoon of ice cream would cause gas formation within 5 seconds of swallowing.

From my research, it seems that most lactose intolerant people get major gas from milk, and it happens at least 30 minutes to an hour after consumption, while my experience was instantaneous.

As of now, milk gives me zero gas, even if I drink a half gallon in a day.

The only way I can make sense of this happening is if my stomach sphincter was weak and I also had SIBO in my small intestine. The weak sphincter would explain the immediate onset of symptoms, because liquid milk would "leak" through. The SIBO would explain the pockets of gas. And because I'm lactose tolerant otherwise, the gas never transformed into major bloating or diarrhea, because the small intestine was still digesting a lot of the lactose.

"Gastric dumping" is the official terminology for this syndrome.
I'm think same , agree.

Probably,Sphincters become weak or sensitive and that happens.
I had that problem and it become better slowly.

Best guess in my opinion on what causes it is: either excess serotonin or weak dopamine system...

Or a structurally weak sphincter, caused by malnutrition,cortisol,nutrient defiency,in particular the ones involved in connective tissue health:manganese,taurine,zinc,vitamin c ,b vitamins....

Also creatine supplementation helps me.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals