Is there a significant effect on the metabolism just by being around specific people ?

JamesGatz

I've been noticing a couple of things lately - I notice that before peating when my health was bad - I really enjoyed being around metabolically healthy people and especially that is true today - It made me feel very comfortable - as we know from this forum anything can be anything so there must be some significant effect being around healthy people and unhealthy people right ? I think we can all agree we like being around nicer people - I don't think anyone likes being around a serotonergic c*nt that gets aggressive because they are stressed ...

Like for example when I have seen people get bullied in school - sometimes the person being bullied eventually starts crying and we know tears release stress hormones right ? so there is a very real impact the people in our environment have on our metabolism I think we can agree.

Now more recently - I notice that I cannot stand being around a high-serotonin or high-estrogenic person - even for girls when I hear them speak - I can sense the high estradiol in their voice sometimes and I feel the urge to flee the area - it does not even matter what they are talking about when I hear an estrogenic voice like for example when you hear a man who is gay he has a voice where sometimes you can really tell he's gay it's an annoying tone I associate with estrogen and i want to flee the area or ask her to zip the lips - the voice is very annoying - when I hear a high-serotonin person's voice same reaction - flee the area- why the urge ? What happens if I don't flee the area ? Will my serotonin rise just from being around this serotonergic person ? I think clearly my brain feels stressed being around this person

I think of situations where an aggressive person tries to fight another person ... I notice that if the person being challenged remains calm - the aggressive person becomes calm as well - but if the calm person reacts - they both become aggressive - so then does being around serotonergic people raise serotonin considerably and vice-versa for low-serotonergic people ?

Save_Nice_vs_mean_Boss_062618.png

I'm thinking of all the jobs I truly hated over the years - 10/10 times it was always the environment I hated i.e. Shitty supervisor with a shitty attitude and annoying co-workers - I notice my entire attitude changed if a supervisor I liked was coming to work that day instead of one that I hated.

So I am thinking now - the people we surround ourselves do have a significant impact on our metabolism - must be right ? I think we can safely say this thus our work environment and people we choose as friends or as partners is especially important for these things - I'm thinking the following:

Will being around androgenic males raise androgens ?

Will being around serotonergic people raise serotonin ?

Will being around an unstressed person lower stress hormones ?

Will being around high-progesterone people increase progesterone ?

I notice I feel a lot better around a pregnant women I'm pretty sure - Last time I was around a pregnant woman I remember she was a stranger I was just asking her for some assistance but as soon as I heard her voice I felt like standing there and talking to her for a few minutes not even in a sexual way just in a way where I liked being around her

Last edited:

Makrosky

You can play the game of reducing human interactions to estradiol/serotonin but that is just a game. Kind of a jargon that some cult uses. And there might be part of truth to it. But generally, these things do not need such a rationalization : if you feel you want to stay or flee from some people, that is enough. I have clinical hypothyroid friends on T4 only (we know how bad that is) with elevated estrogen with which I enjoy a lot being with. And some euthyroid people I totally dislike. Whenever you are about to eat some meat or fish and it smells bad, do you think about the cadaverine and putrescine amounts on them? No. You just toss them to the trash bin. Same with people. Trust your gut feeling.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

You can play the game of reducing human interactions to estradiol/serotonin but that is just a game. Kind of a jargon that some cult uses. And there might be part of truth to it. But generally, these things do not need such a rationalization : if you feel you want to stay or flee from some people, that is enough. I have clinical hypothyroid friends on T4 only (we know how bad that is) with elevated estrogen with which I enjoy a lot being with. And some euthyroid people I totally dislike. Whenever you are about to eat some meat or fish and it smells bad, do you think about the cadaverine and putrescine amounts on them? No. You just toss them to the trash bin. Same with people. Trust your gut feeling.
Ok yes this makes sense - from these experiences I was thinking maybe it's possible there is some energy exchange happening but yea this makes more sense

Makrosky

Will being around an unstressed person lower stress hormones ?
Absolutely. Haidut posted many very interesting studies demonstrating these kind of phenomena. Pheromones of stressed ppl raise your cortisol.

Makrosky

There is for sure! At many levels. All I said is that trying to reduce it to serotonin and estradiol is kind of a game, because the thing is way way more complex. It is too reductionist.

There is also the mirror neurons. That is, you end up mimmicking others emotions. I don't think that has to do with hormones.

Ok yes this makes sense - from these experiences I was thinking maybe it's possible there is some energy exchange happening but yea this makes more sense

Makrosky

Mae wan ho writes a bit about this thing in her book the rainbow and the worm.

Rasaari

Yes, I agree very much. Nowadays its so much easier to sense stressed people very quick, estrogenic, serotonergic and other irritations. Looking at eyes is very obvious to see if a person is stressed, but you can sense it easily too just by being around. But it also comes to ones reaction to it. In high metabolism/low stress you can deal with these people and feel pity for them, but in a bad state you need to get away.

Rasaari

For example its very obvious when my mother has had a long workday and is stressed, or my brother has worked out and is irritated, my supervisor is irritated. Usually I want to minimize time spent with people in high stress.

Last edited:

lampofred

Now more recently - I notice that I cannot stand being around a high-serotonin or high-estrogenic person - even for girls when I hear them speak - I can sense the high estradiol in their voice sometimes and I feel the urge to flee the area - it does not even matter what they are talking about when I hear an estrogenic voice like for example when you hear a man who is gay he has a voice where sometimes you can really tell he's gay it's an annoying tone I associate with estrogen and i want to flee the area or ask her to zip the lips - the voice is very annoying - when I hear a high-serotonin person's voice same reaction - flee the area- why the urge ? What happens if I don't flee the area ? Will my serotonin rise just from being around this serotonergic person ? I think clearly my brain feels stressed being around this person

I think of situations where an aggressive person tries to fight another person ... I notice that if the person being challenged remains calm - the aggressive person becomes calm as well - but if the calm person reacts - they both become aggressive - so then does being around serotonergic people raise serotonin considerably and vice-versa for low-serotonergic people ?

If your health is good, and you recognize that a calm person can lower serotonin in stressed people, then shouldn't you try to develop your ability to stay calm even when around stressed people, rather than trying to run away from them, so that your calmness can lower their hormonal stress? Of course that's only if your calmness is stronger than their aggressiveness, you definitely don't want to risk ending up aggressive yourself in the process of trying to help others.

Last edited:
OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

There is for sure! At many levels. All I said is that trying to reduce it to serotonin and estradiol is kind of a game, because the thing is way way more complex. It is too reductionist.

There is also the mirror neurons. That is, you end up mimmicking others emotions. I don't think that has to do with hormones.

Ah yes - I seem to let this reductionist way of thinking get ahold of me quiete a bit - yea that is true I do think these mirror neurons play a significant role

For example its very obvious when my mother has had a long workday and is stressed, or my brother has worked out and is irritated, my supervisor is irritated. Usually I want to minimize time spent with people in high stress.
Yes I completely agree - my experiences with my parents and siblings are the same - as soon as they come home from work I give them some of my supplements or food so that they are easier for me to be around and so they are healthier

If your health is good, and you recognize that a calm person can lower serotonin in stressed people, then shouldn't you try to develop your ability to stay calm even when around stressed people, rather than trying to run away from them, so that your calmness can lower their hormonal stress? Of course that's only if your calmness is stronger than their aggressiveness, you definitely don't want to risk ending up aggressive yourself in the process of trying to calm others down.

Yes that is true... I agree actually - I feel like when 2 conflicting people - I think like when a low-serotonin person vs a high-serotonin person for example meets or something similar - there is some kind of stand-off taking place where the person with the stronger profile into the spectrum wins - I feel like someone who is very-high serotonin is harder for me to calm down and it's like it takes too much of my energy to help them and I can't deal, however, if their serotonin is on the higher end but not too high I feel like I can still calm them down with my voice and demeanor these are excellent points

opethfeldt

I don't know how the hormonal effects manifest but there's definitely an energy exchange between two people and a person's vibes can transfer to the other person if they're strong enough. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. The stronger energy will always entrain the weaker ones to it similar to a tuning fork that eventually starts to resonate at the same frequency when another one near it is struck. Keeping this in mind, you don't need to worry about being around stressed, aggressive or negative people provided your own positive and calm energy is sufficiently strong. In fact, by "being the light" (so to speak) you will be raising everyone else up in the process. We are not as individual as we think. It's all an illusion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals