Is There A Safer Way To Chemically Castrate Myself?

Discussion in 'Male Issues' started by Opioidus, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Opioidus

Opioidus Member

The usual medications used for this purpose have severe side effects. I tried HCG for about a year but the side effects were crippling and life-ruining. Extreme fatigue, depression, gyno, couldn't pee... socially I lost my girlfriend, became anxious which I never was before, stopped being interested in sports which are a huge part of my life...

The reason I'm after this is that I suffer from a severe sexual perversion for which no conventional medications like SSRIs or psychotherapy have proven effective. This perversion is accompanied by hypersexuality, making it impossible to resist and function in society without some sort of intervention. If I don't diminish the intensity of the desire or prevalence of the intrusive thoughts, I can't really do much of anything.

HCG did alleviate the desires and fantasies almost completely, and three months after stopping the intrusive thoughts and fantasies came back.. so I am convinced that chemical castration is the only way for me. But is there a better way to do it?

My test results always show extremely high levels of testosterone and DHT(always on the highest end of "within range"), very low estrogen and prolactin, optimal progesterone, thyroid levels, and cortisol. After the "treatment" with HCG, I had lowered testosterone and DHT to the lowest levels considered "normal range", my estrogen was also low as usual but my prolactin levels had skyrocketed and despite normal results, I started having hypothyroid symptoms, most notably decreased energy levels, cold hands and no to very little sweating. It took around six months for me to go back to my normal, and of course, the initial problem returned fully as well.

So I have come to believe that my problem is related to prolactin levels. This is also supported by the fact that I can restart sexual activity five minutes after ejaculation the first time and ten minutes after the second and third ejaculations.

So any advice on increasing prolactin as a side experiment would be appreciated as well.

2. schultz

schultz Member

Have you tried high dose progest-e? Might be worthwhile trying. At least it would help you live longer rather than ruin your health like HCG.

Something like 50mg orally of progest-e, 17 drops or so per day. If I take that much a few days in a row I am usually uninterested in sex for a bit. However if I takes a high dose once sometimes my libido is increased the following day.

3. Whichway?

Whichway? Member

At the same time you are trying to modify your behaviour using a chemical intervention approach, you may want to think about the fact that in between feelings, thoughts and actions, there is a small micro-second gap where you get to make a choice about what you decide to do and how you will respond to your circumstances at any given point. Over time you can learn that you don’t have to blindly follow your urges, no matter how driven by biology they may be, and that you can choose a healthy response to a situation in spite of feeling like doing something else.

4. GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin Member

Lower Estrogen, Prolactin and Serotonin, the latter for the mental and psychological part. Androgens are only bad if they convert to Estrogen, which is the real problem. Also increasing Thyroid...

5. mangoes

mangoes Member

In my opinion, if you feel like your urges will lead you to hurt someone, castration is warranted. If you’re sitting in your room all day jerking off, get out, put your focus elsewhere. Go and play some sports.

Obsessive thoughts are linked to stress hormones in my experience, so you could try working on that. I don’t have experience with your situation in particular, but I have some experience with intrusive thoughts, and you don’t have to listen to them. You can have a thought and let it pass rather than following down the trajectory of it. You also mentioned your breakup, and I’m not 100% sure on the nature of your perversion, but I think getting out and dating again could also be helpful in creating a healthful sex life

6. somuch4food

somuch4food Member

He's not blindly following its urges. He can't control them at all. I do not have his problem, but I understand the feeling of not being able to stop intrusive thoughts. OCD is a mental health problem. Chemical interventions can help even from foods. Will alone usually is not enough. I tried many years to use new habits and psychological interventions and I would always relapse, not fun at all.

I see it also in my 3 year old. His terrible behaviors are usually compulsive and he is not responsive to intervention when they happen. He's running on instinct.

I have had an episode of one week where I was barely able to focus on work. On rethinking about it, I think this episode was brought on relying on stress hormones. I wasn't sleeping great, I was restricting my appetite thinking it was healthy and ended up in a bad place mentally.

I've come far from this. I now understand myself better and can stop the downward spiral sooner. For me, carotenoids/vit A, not eating enough, not drinking enough and abusing processed foods are the most common sources.

If I were the OP with everything I've encountered personally, I would probably focus on adrenals.

And if you're open to stuff other than Ray Peat, I would try adding more soluble fibers like psyllium or beans to stop the recycling of your hormones. Karen Hurd is the one that taught me this. And it absolutely helps me dealing with anxiety and compulsions.

7. haidut

haidut Member

There is likely an issue with the pituitary, and that is known to be able to cause hypersexuality. There could also be an issue with the gonads, so I'd check both. The low steroid levels corroborate this. I would see an endocrinologist and investigate this further before deciding to castrate yourself.

8. No_Energy

No_Energy Member

What is your rationale for using Hcg as your strategy, treatment? I don't get it, Hcg as treatment in your case makes no sense to me.

9. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

300mg of progesterone a day is effective I understand.

10. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

I 100% echo @ecstatichamster and @schultz , high dose progesterone is a worthwhile experiment.

Not only will it control your urges, it will have a sedative and calming effect, and I think it can reorganize the brain and do a lot of fundamental things.

I would try 2-3 months of this and re-evaluate.

Other things you can do is get a UV Sun Lamp, or direct sun exposure, and focus intently on your gut, as it is a major contributor to these behavorial issues.

11. GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin Member

1+. Please don't rush it. Some people don't recover form anti-androgens for years.

12. OP
    Opioidus

Opioidus Member

I feel I need to address the self-control issue here, I have one of the strongest will powers ever, as the latest data also indicates, willpower is not a muscle that grows stronger by training, it's a limited resource that gets easily depleted, it is closely related to blood sugar, dopamine and noradrenaline levels and is not something you can always depend on. I have a pretty strong will power, I can resist severe hunger or cold, I quit smoking cold turkey after 6 years of smoking every day and never looked back, for example. But I don't trust myself enough with this to just rely on self-control. What if down the road I get dementia? What if I find myself in a particularly stressful situation where my consciousness is negatively affected by outside influences and I can no longer concentrate 100 percent of my mind on self-control? What if I'm diagnosed with a terminal illness and given an "out" to act on my urges with a get out of jail free card?

The second issue that I think should be realized is that these are not merely "desires" or "intrusive thoughts", they are both! Most people who have intrusive thoughts are bothered by them, I quite enjoy even the fantasies and relish in the thoughts. Those afflicted by mere desire self-initiate their arousal processes, I don't have a choice. So it's the worst of both worlds, in a way. It's intense desire combined with a constant stream of intrusive thoughts that give way to the fantasies being replayed in my mind in daily situations. I'm talking to a beautiful girl and suddenly get a rush of thoughts of these things that I want to do with a strong urge to do them, and I have to consciously put the effort to avoid them.

Psychological methods have worked so far in that I haven't acted on these urges yet, at least not in a non-consenting way, but it's all so exhausting. That's why I'm looking for a chemical solution.

@schultz
    I will definitely add that product to my shopping cart thank you. I will give progesterone a shot. What is the rationale for progesterone?

@GelatinGoblin
    I already have very low prolactin levels, I'm looking for a safe way to increase it!
    I am afraid of using castration meds hence this thread, the doctor wants to put me on DMPA now but I have refused so far.

@No_Energy
    I don't know, the psychiatrist who prescribed to me said he has had some success in similar cases. It worked for me as well but the side effects were too many.

@haidut

I did visit an endo a couple of years ago, he said I have a "unique" hormonal profile but not one that could be considered harmful. Regular psychiatrists refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a hormonal basis for this.

13. commas

commas Member

I’m interested to see what a high dose progesterone will do. Keep us updated if you can. Basically progesterone is one of the most protective hormones, it can heal a lot of stuff. It’s primarily a female hormone but men have and need it too. Dr peat once said he knew someone who was just about dead or had some disease of which I forget, but he took such a high dose tht would possibly castrate most people, but he ended up healing completely.

14. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

I think it's the most protective hormone. I can't think of anything else which is more fundamental except pregnenolone, but it doesn't have the action progesterone does. It's so powerfully soothing, sedative and calming, I think it can really help alter things dramatically.

15. redsun

redsun Member

You can try high dose manganese gluconate to raise prolactin. Its generally very safe orally.

If high histamine is playing a large part in your hypersexuality which it could be... methionine, copper should be able to lower it.

16. GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin Member

Sometimes an energy imbalance my fuel certain perversions like attraction to minors.
    Have you considered Thyroid and or had Thyroid labs? It is unlikely that your problem is independent of the systems of the body that the Thyroid can affect positively, good Thyroid function can help a great deal of things, outside of the attraction to minors thing; it may help your perversions.

17. Sofia2020

Sofia2020 Member

Maybe you are very angry, that can transform into other things. Do you take time to rest, to enjoy simple things: like nature, nice music. How much time do you spend resting?

18. Diokine

Diokine Member

I think that feelings of inadequacy lead to a desire to possess, giving birth to a will to power. Power is the antithesis of grace and love. One cannot possess a mystery without inviting demons. But one doesn't have to identify with these demonic forces. It is better to slay the dragon, or at least recognize it, than to be a son of a dragon.

Even the noblest truths, as bright as the sun, will turn you blind if you stare at them. But I don't think removing your vessel's capacity to understand truth is an antidote. One with no capacity to understand truth cannot be a faithful witness.

19. schultz

schultz Member

It does a lot of things, but in your case I was thinking it might interfere with your androgens. Ray tends to say it can have a "cold shower" effect.

The progesterone may have a broad protective and healing action as well, potentially balances several different systems at once.

20. paulos

paulos Member

Can you explain more please?