Is There A Reliable Way To Speed Up Gut Motility?

I take thyroid.

I think milk and cheese slow down my gut. I've been trying A2 milk, to see if it's improved.

What else speeds up gut motility. I use cascara, but hate to depend on it. And get enough magnesium which seems to help.

What else...?

RobertJM

Why do you hate to depend on something that has many benefits? A small amount per day just to ignite things each day, and you get all those benefits on health that Peat speaks of? You don’t even need to take that much of the cascara for these effects? Coffee is the same for me (works consistently), but you’d hate to rely on that too?

I’ve found there are different types of regular bowel movements. If I fill my diet with potatoes, my BMs are on the serotonin side of things. Easy to go everyday. Rice is definitely constipating (for me, more so than wheat).

Fruits are just an all out disaster. I stay well away from them.

If I stick to protein, fats, fruit sugars from juices, bamboo/mushrooms (Peat fibres), I get soap like bowel movements (but they aren’t as regular). Feel so much better in general though sticking to these foods.

I wouldn’t worry about relying on things. Emptying that stuff from your bowel is vital in itself for your metabolic function. When I don’t go I notice it is my extremities that warn me first that all is not well as, alongside feeling like crap (literally), I get freezing cold hands and feet.

Liquids help too. Not sure why, but too much solid food and not much liquids can be constipating in my case.

Maybe milk is constipating. I used to have real problems in that area and it was always during the time I was downing quarts of milk. Looking back, I also had significant issues during this time with body odour (had two complaints at work) and horrendous nail health (white specs and nails crumbling and breaking). I also was developing a reputation at work as someone who was always on edge, prickly and volatile (just everything that I never have have been prior or since this period). My nail health is now superb, my pits no longer stink and I no longer get constipation. And I still eat a lot of cheese. So milk was the offender for me.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
My gut motility became more reliable when I quit drinking Lactaid milk. Now I drink 2 cups of regular whole milk and use ground eggshells for calcium. I think I am getting more calcium than phosphorus, too, so maybe my metabolism is better. I take some vitamin d,k,c, magnoil and brome lain.

OP
ecstatichamster
My gut motility became more reliable when I quit drinking Lactaid milk. Now I drink 2 cups of regular whole milk and use ground eggshells for calcium. I think I am getting more calcium than phosphorus, too, so maybe my metabolism is better. I take some vitamin d,k,c, magnoil and brome lain.

I'm thinking this will help me too. Trying to get used to lactose milk again...

fradon

I take thyroid.

I think milk and cheese slow down my gut. I've been trying A2 milk, to see if it's improved.

What else speeds up gut motility. I use cascara, but hate to depend on it. And get enough magnesium which seems to help.

What else...?
capsaicium speeds up gut motility. i've added habanerro to my diet and it makes you go.

ddjd

It's all related to Serotonin i thought. Methylene blue/ coffee gets me going in minutes

CLASH

@ecstatichamster
Long chain saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids stimulate the bowel in fews ways including directly and from bile stimulation.

Non-lactaid milk may get you to go due to lactose intolerance leading to a fermentation of the lactose as its not digested and subsequent stimulation of a bowel movement due to the bacterial growth.

The opiate effect of milk from the casein fraction can be very constipating for some people.

RisingSun

I take thyroid.

What else...?

Castor oil

Jackrabbit

I have found taking between 2-4 grams of vitamin c does the trick. I wonder if that’s why it helps to rid the body of illness quicker, mainly because it causes you to just get rid of everything backing you up. To me it’s more reliable than even magnesium and I feel safer taking it even though peat seems a bit skeptical of purity. I’ve been taking it and I’m doing pretty well!

japanesedude

viamin b2.
I have to take a #### 4times in a day.
B2 is a legit dopaminergic/endotoxin antagonist.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
How much and how do you use it

Xylitol has played a important roll in restoring healthy bowl motility for me, i was always bloated for years and could not digest many foods, I consume about 1/4 cup a day, i use it to make smoothies, lemonade, or desserts or can just add to water or milk, tastes and looks just like sugar.

You may want to start slow, maybe 1 tsp a day then up to tablespoon a day and up to 1/3 cup a day, you want to start slow because one of its excellent benefits is increasing bowl motility. I prefer the Xylitol made from Birch. Sometimes i run out and go days or couple weeks before getting more and my digestion is good, but i like eating it, it feels good.

Xylitol is reported to break down bacterial biofilms.

Its beneficial to swish in ones mouth also.

The effect of xylitol on dental caries and oral flora

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals