Is there a point in renovating this flat?

ursidae

My family has decided this is going to be my inheritance once it's renovated

Today a wooden construction attached to the wall was taken off, revealing a thick layer of black mold

backstory: everyone in my family gets chronically ill and depressed when they live in this flat. My grandfather slept near this wall in the 80s and got an almost fatal lung infection.
Ive had rhinitis all my life and in 2021 had my skin tested in a lab to get to the bottom of my acne issues and that's when they found mold spores on my face, prompting me to investigate my surroundings

reason for the mold is excessive condensation due to improper insulation, something like that, will elaborate when I get the architects opinion

Do you think there is a point in renovation or is it a burn it to the ground case here? I know with mold, the spores can be spread all over the place and would be a good idea to test the species

CF4CAECB-6341-4D62-A72B-A064FF957E89.jpeg

56A7200B-A358-4A11-89BD-4A518DE81C51.jpeg

033CFCE4-703E-4464-A05F-0E2750F0C85D.jpeg

JohnHafterson

I worked as a real estate agent with investors buying multi unit ( 3,6,12 unit ) buildings - mold was usually a deal killer for them it can be hard to remediate depending on how extensive.

If it's in the foundation/support ( stone/concrete ) interior vs exterior etc more difficult than drywall for example which can just be cut out and replaced assuming the source of moisture is eliminated.

That wall with mold looks integral to building like you can't take it down/out easily.

Will be interesting to see what architect says...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom