Is There A Negative Feedback Response From Lowering Estrogen?

Peatogenic

I was on 3mg of Androsterone almost daily for 3 months. No issues. When I introduced A, D, and Pansterone I was good for 5-6 weeks, and I'm still experiencing most all of the benefits at the bare minimum dosage once a day.

A week ago I started to notice weird reactions to foods, like it just didn't feel right. (white sugar, chocolate?) To be fair, I was on like day 13 of really strenuous activity. Then three days ago I started doing carrot salads and some low dose garlic (which I don't usually do) and I developed major congestion and couldn't breathe. (Sickness like this is very rare for me). After two days I took some activated charcoal and it all started to resolve within a day. I know specifically I have some inflammation in gut that was causing the sinus issues and sneezing.

So obviously it could have been overexertion over a long period, it could have been a normal (though abnormal for me) allergic response to a food....it could be just something unrelated to my hormone supplements.

But is there some kind of possibility that lowering estrogen could increase serotonin? Some kind of overburdening of liver? Vitamin A supplementation or something making dormant infections or bacteria active again? I really won't be able to truly test till I'm past this recent gut disturbance and rested from all the overexertion (carrying heavy stuff up and down stairs, etc), but I'm concerned that lowering estrogen might cause serotonin or gut issues that I should be aware of.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Well, the fact that activated charcoal put an end to your symptoms would make me say "No" to the original title of the post, as that should help to lower and excrete estrogen, even more so than carrot salad.

That said, it could be a detox effect, maybe Androsterone was great as displacing estrogen from tissues, but the liver couldn't keep up with detoxing from bloodstream (at least after a few months), so it started to build up in the blood stream. So, not really that lowering estrogen could increase serotonin, but that displacing too much estrogen from tissues into the bloodstream could overburden the liver.

The other possible issue I could see is the supplemental vitamin A. It seems that excess vitamin A can be at times be a burden on the liver. The Grant Generaux thread has lots of testimonials to this effect, and Travis has cited some studies about negative effects of A supplements or high A intake when the liver is overburdened or compromised.

kiran

I was on 3mg of Androsterone almost daily for 3 months. No issues. When I introduced A, D, and Pansterone I was good for 5-6 weeks, and I'm still experiencing most all of the benefits at the bare minimum dosage once a day.

A week ago I started to notice weird reactions to foods, like it just didn't feel right. (white sugar, chocolate?) To be fair, I was on like day 13 of really strenuous activity. Then three days ago I started doing carrot salads and some low dose garlic (which I don't usually do) and I developed major congestion and couldn't breathe. (Sickness like this is very rare for me). After two days I took some activated charcoal and it all started to resolve within a day. I know specifically I have some inflammation in gut that was causing the sinus issues and sneezing.

So obviously it could have been overexertion over a long period, it could have been a normal (though abnormal for me) allergic response to a food....it could be just something unrelated to my hormone supplements.

But is there some kind of possibility that lowering estrogen could increase serotonin? Some kind of overburdening of liver? Vitamin A supplementation or something making dormant infections or bacteria active again? I really won't be able to truly test till I'm past this recent gut disturbance and rested from all the overexertion (carrying heavy stuff up and down stairs, etc), but I'm concerned that lowering estrogen might cause serotonin or gut issues that I should be aware of.

The garlic might be a gut irritant, as can the carrot salad. Have you tried using the mushrooms instead, or even finer grated carrot salad.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Well, the fact that activated charcoal put an end to your symptoms would make me say "No" to the original title of the post, as that should help to lower and excrete estrogen, even more so than carrot salad.

That said, it could be a detox effect, maybe Androsterone was great as displacing estrogen from tissues, but the liver couldn't keep up with detoxing from bloodstream (at least after a few months), so it started to build up in the blood stream. So, not really that lowering estrogen could increase serotonin, but that displacing too much estrogen from tissues into the bloodstream could overburden the liver.

The other possible issue I could see is the supplemental vitamin A. It seems that excess vitamin A can be at times be a burden on the liver. The Grant Generaux thread has lots of testimonials to this effect, and Travis has cited some studies about negative effects of A supplements or high A intake when the liver is overburdened or compromised.

Thank you...this is what I was suspecting...something with liver response. I hadn't thought about the detoxing of estrogen into bloodstream. I had actually felt mild skin itching when I began to get sick. Overburdening the liver is just as much a problem as too high estrogen.

Interestingly, I hadn't experienced the drastic improvements until addition of A, D, and Pansterone. The improvements were with mental health issues.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

The garlic might be a gut irritant, as can the carrot salad. Have you tried using the mushrooms instead, or even finer grated carrot salad.

I use mushrooms occasionally....I think it was that I just had too much of the carrot salads.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I just remembered that things started going south with gut disturbance and itching the morning after I ate a boatload of pate, which I don't usually eat a lot of. Liver sometimes makes me euphoric, and sometimes tired.

Because pretty much all my supplements are anti-estrogen (this wasn't my goal, I picked them for various other reasons) it becomes difficult to decide what to taper down. Obviously the Androsterone. But the A and D and Pansterone are also anti-estrogen. These things are liver protective, too, in the right doses. On top of that, part of me doesn't want to give up the mental health benefits if tapering or removing would do so. My overexertion over two weeks could have also added to blood stream burden.

Jackrabbit

I would personally just avoid the garlic. Garlic is a type of fiber that ferments in the gut and could have started a serotonin response.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I don't get any negative sides from eating raw garlic , i eat 2-4 cloves a day , i chop it like that to avoid mouth irritation :

i let it sit for about 10 minutes then i eat it with white rice .
Recipe For Healthy Garlic: Crush Before Cooking

Yeah, my gut symptoms were before I tried garlic. I didn't notice any bad response to it.

Do you think garlic is a worthy antibiotic of sorts? If you believe in good bacteria, does garlic affect these?

Aymen

Yeah, my gut symptoms were before I tried garlic. I didn't notice any bad response to it.

Do you think garlic is a worthy antibiotic of sorts? If you believe in good bacteria, does garlic affect these?
I think it's a strong antibiotic , it cured my gut infection last year in a just two days with the combination of raw carrot :)
You may read this : Is garlic nature's best medicine? | Daily Mail Online
Don’t throw out old, sprouting garlic — it has heart-healthy antioxidants - American Chemical Society