Is There A NDT Dose That Can Be Used Indefinitely?

CaliforniaKat

Yes, I have read Deering and Nathan Hatch's book. I have low ferritin, 15, and the bottom of the range is 10. The rest of my iron labs are in the lower end of ok, posted in the bloodwork section. I do eat beef many days of the week. Liver is gross even in pate form. I am trying dessicated liver pills to see what impact they have and I do take a dessicated blackstrap molasses supplement every other day as well.

Food wise I have 1% milk, decaf coffee, cream, CO, butter, cheese, fruit, and chocolate or cocoa butter or cocoa powder daily. Shrimp or white fish one or two times a week. Eggs a few times a week. Boneless/skinless chicken breast once a week or every 10 days or so. Pork once or twice a month. Some fruit juice but not a lot. Ice cream sometimes. Rarely starches. I do eat out once per week or so. I try to eat ok options, knowing it isn't optimal. I use cronometer most days, and eat 2500 cals or more. Ratios rights now are CFP of 40/40/20. Have been on this about 2 months.

Supps include daily 81 mg aspirin, thiamine, biotin and folate, magnesium, KI, and k2. 5000 ui d3 every other day or so. Coq10 every few days. I am weaning gabapentin at the moment and take 7.5 mg Mirt at bedtime. Trying to get off both in the near future, but weaning is a process..

FitnessMike

"""For true euthyroidism, the dosage required is rarely above 2 grains NDT (around 80mcg T4 + 20mcg T3). In my opinion, this is the absolute highest one can safely go (and even this is rather reserved for extreme cases). Everything above this range is very unhealthy and unphysiological and rather an ab-use of thyroid hormones as a cover-up for other issues (very often adrenal insufficiency)."""

any comment?

Lollipop2

"""For true euthyroidism, the dosage required is rarely above 2 grains NDT (around 80mcg T4 + 20mcg T3). In my opinion, this is the absolute highest one can safely go (and even this is rather reserved for extreme cases). Everything above this range is very unhealthy and unphysiological and rather an ab-use of thyroid hormones as a cover-up for other issues (very often adrenal insufficiency)."""

any comment?
I am not sure I am knowledgeable enough to give a scientific answer, but I know Broda Barnes thought most adults he worked with needed 2 grains. Have you read his book: Hypothyroidism, the unsuspected illness? I think anyone wanting to learn about thyroid NDT and about hypothyroidism needs to start there.

Also, Ray told the story several times of that woman that needed 12 grains (don’t hold me to that exact amount - something insane like that) to bring her body back into total balance. Of course a person doesn’t stay on that forever.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals