Is There A Limit To How Much You Can Eat A Day Of Things Like: Cheese/butter Etc

Steve123

Hi guys,

recently started peating..

I struggle with knowing how much to consume.. I am pretty underweight and could do with all the calories i need.. I could easily eat 200g of parm cheese or another good cheese like 'comte' etc everday.. I could also eat tons of grass fed butter in a day.. Same with dark chocolate and the rest of them..

Is there any of these foods that need a limit on, like how much do you think is safe to eat per day of them? Is there any type of vitamin i could overdose on from eating to much cheese/butter?

jyb

It is not too uncommon for me to eat 100% dairy in a day (cheese, milk, double cream, kefir, butter, yogurt, etc - whatever feels and tastes right). Don't consider me as a model though! Binging on cheese is quite common in some European places, but not as extreme. It will not necessarily make you gain weight like you hope though (could even have the opposite effect depending on your background).

Last edited:
OP
S

Steve123

It is not too uncommon for me to eat 100% dairy in a day (cheese, milk, double cream, kefir, butter, yogurt, etc - whatever feels and tastes right). Don't consider me as a model though! It will not necessarily make you gain weight like you hope though (could even have the opposite effect depending on your background).
Got it man! So if it feels right there wouldn't be a problem in eating maybe 100-200g cheese a day along with 80g or less of butter and 500-1lt or more of whole milk?

jyb

Got it man! So if it feels right there wouldn't be a problem in eating maybe 100-200g cheese a day along with 80g or less of butter and 500-1lt or more of whole milk?

You know better what works for you. Surely you'd rather drink double cream (or milkshake) than "eat" butter though? Goodnight.

grenade

If you're underweight, I wouldn't be concerned. There is literally only one downside - possible weight gain from excess calories. And that's not a downside for you. Enjoy the dairy fat! :):

tara

So if it feels right there wouldn't be a problem in eating maybe 100-200g cheese a day along with 80g or less of butter and 500-1lt or more of whole milk?
Don't count me an expert, but this doesn't seem obviously excessive to me if you have the appetite for it, especially if you are underweight and needing the extra calories from fat along with your other food.
Hopefully you are eating other foods too to meet other nutrient needs.

OP
S

Steve123

You know better what works for you. Surely you'd rather drink double cream (or milkshake) than "eat" butter though? Goodnight.
Well I normally eat butter only with potatoes.. but thanks for idea of a milkshake. Do you think supermarket brands of milkshake would be okay?

L

lollipop

Well I normally eat butter only with potatoes.. but thanks for idea of a milkshake. Do you think supermarket brands of milkshake would be okay?
Easy to make yourself :): Milk, ice cream and a blender...yummmmy!

OP
S

Steve123

Don't count me an expert, but this doesn't seem obviously excessive to me if you have the appetite for it, especially if you are underweight anyd needing the extra calories from fat along with your other food.
Hopefully you are eating other foods too to meet other nutrient needs.
That's great to know then! I really don't know why but I have this stupid worry around overdosing on certain vitamins if I consume to much which i know is not possible but it's just in the back of my mind a lot .. thanks for your help though!! :)

L

lollipop

P.S. @Steve123 I WISH I had your problem - lol...kidding. Wishing you all the best. I love this forum for all the good ideas people have...

OP
S

Steve123

P.S. @Steve123 I WISH I had your problem - lol...kidding. Wishing you all the best. I love this forum for all the good ideas people have...
Mwhahah I think I could eat a kilo of cheese a day and not put weight on
Fr though I'd be screwed with out this forum !

tara

tara

I really don't know why but I have this stupid worry around overdosing on certain vitamins
I think some people get constipated when they eat a lot of cheese, depending on what else they eat and the state of their system. If that doesn't happen to you, it's no problem. If it does happen, it might be worth looking at other tactics to keep things moving.

J

James IV

If your goal is gaining structural tissue,
rather than just weight, you may want to try increasing carbs (and possibly protein). Insulin is quite anabolic.

lvysaur

Definitely. Too much butter = too much fat, and aged cheese makes you constipated and has a histamine reaction. If you're talking about ricotta/cottage/goat cheese, that's fine.

jyb

I doubt it, but my own requirements are a bit high. Wouldn't consume supermarket or homogenised milk for example.

jyb

If your goal is gaining structural tissue,
rather than just weight, you may want to try increasing carbs (and possibly protein). Insulin is quite anabolic.

Milk is very insulin stimulating yet not that high in carbs. I find starch or fermented dairy (cheese) more convenient for digestion, though.

J

James IV

Milk is very insulin stimulating yet not that high in carbs. I find starch or fermented dairy (cheese) more convenient for digestion, though.

Yes, Milk is a unique food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals