Is There A Lack Of Nutrients In My Diet?

Roni123@

My diet consist on

1, 1,5 liter of milk a day
500 ml coffe (homemade with cloth strainer)
80 - 150G chesse
500 ml orange juice
50 - 80G sugar
100G Carrot

Jessie

It wouldn't hurt to incorporate some liver, oysters, eggs, and gelatin into your diet. If you ever get tired of the carrot, lots of cooked white mushrooms can do the trick, they're also high in potassium. Brewers yeast can act as a all natural b vitamin "supplement" as well. May not be necessary though, particularly if you get liver. But eating refined sucrose as opposed to something like honey or fruit will increase the need for b vitamins.

J

james2388

If that's all your eating, and not any meat, eggs, or liver, gelatin, not tracking sodium, or eat a staple carb source like potatoes and white rice. This is the most neurotic - orthorexic diet I've seen on here.
The Vertical Diet created by Stan Efferding is a more practical implementation of Ray Peat Ideas seen with dozens and dozens of before and after photos.

J

james2388

Vertical-Diet.png

YourUniverse

My diet consist on

1, 1,5 liter of milk a day
500 ml coffe (homemade with cloth strainer)
80 - 150G chesse
500 ml orange juice
50 - 80G sugar
100G Carrot
You're covering all the bases. I think theres something about an egg that other foods cant readily replace. Maybe it's the cholesterol? Maybe something as yet unknown

OP
R

Roni123@

If I add some meat with too much salt
and 3 egg yolks next to the milk with a little coffee and sugar, would it help to cover all the nutrients? ksk help

milkboi

Yes, it lacks nutrients in the form of macronutrients. Fat might be the one you are sufficient in. But you definitely need more protein and carbs long-term. What are your goals with this diet? If it‘s just a temporary cutting diet it MIGHT be fine.

NVM, just saw you use a good amount of white (?) sugar. So your calories aren‘t that low after all. Definitely replace them with honey, maple syrup or probably better more fruit, potatoes or sweet potatoes tho if you are after more micronutrients

OP
R

Roni123@

I will add 300 grams of potatoes a day, some raw egg yolks to the milk, a few grams of meat daily with a lot of salt, my main goal is to gain a lot of testosterone (1,000 ng ++)

it's complicated one more day i'll get there

Jessie

Oysters would be good for increasing testosterone because they contain generous amounts of zinc. Egg yolks are great as well, considering cholesterol is ultimately needed to synthesize hormones. On the Ray Peat email wiki, Ray has a simple yet delicious recipe for homemade ice cream. It's just milk, egg yolks, sweetener, powdered milk, coconut oil, and vanilla flavor. I've made it before with excellent results. The combination of cholesterol from the yolks and sugar from the sweetener will help spike cholesterol production. I just blend about 3 cups of skim milk, 2 cups of powdered milk, 7 egg yolks, 1/2 cup of honey, and 85 grams of coconut oil with vanilla flavoring and it freezes nicely without crystallizing. It is caloric dense, so if you eat too much you could gain weight.

OP
R

Roni123@

I will fix the copper with the potatoes, zinc is really difficult to obtain in my region (only with meat and eggs)

I heard on the forum the zinc of milk is much more absorbed, is it true?

boris

@Roni123@ When I drank only milk and ate cheese and eggs (1-2) without other major zinc sources I developed white spots on my nails.

boris

Either scrambled in the pan (quick 1 minute to not oxidize the cholesterol too much). Or soft cooked for 3-4 minutes with butter on the side.

Jessie

I like making a omelet with 2-3 eggs mixed up, and I fold some low-fat feta cheese in it. Quite tasty, it goes great with a big glass of OJ. I spray just a little bit of nonstick coconut oil cooking spray on the pan. But the amount of fat it adds is negligible.

OP
R

Roni123@

Either scrambled in the pan (quick 1 minute to not oxidize the cholesterol too much). Or soft cooked for 3-4 minutes with butter on the side.
I usually let the water bubble and then add the eggs and wait 7 minutes

OP
R

Roni123@

I like making a omelet with 2-3 eggs mixed up, and I fold some low-fat feta cheese in it. Quite tasty, it goes great with a big glass of OJ. I spray just a little bit of nonstick coconut oil cooking spray on the pan. But the amount of fat it adds is negligible.
is using lard good instead of coconut oil?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals