Is There A Hidden Subliminal Message In Ray's Work ?

burtlancast

Could Ray Peat intentionally and on purpose adopt outrageous positions on some sensible topics like Aids (not being caused by HIV), iodine (refuses to look at the statistics of Japanese thyroid diseases), melatonin supplements (says it's bad for health) , all of them positions easily disproved in my opinion, in order to send a subliminal message to his readers "Don't trust anyone's word, not even mine's, without checking by yourself the evidence first ?"

His recent comments about Stalin being an interesting man are so disturbing and hard to believe, I've come to the conclusion Ray intentionally decredibilizes himself in order to take off his back some of the heat associated with his discoveries.

Thoughts ?

gaze

All of those points you brought up about iodine and melatonin are definitely not easily refuted As you say they are. Anyone can throw statistics and studies around to prove anything, Ray is not saying “it’s bad” but he’s saying it’s harmful in this context. And “this context” is Rays context of thyroid, stress, hormones, etc. your allowed to have a different context which would disagree with Rays conclusions, but to say it’s “easily disproved” is a lie. Melatonin and iodine can easily be harmful, just like any other substance can in a certain context frame of reference.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Could Ray Peat intentionally and on purpose adopt outrageous positions on some sensible topics like Aids (not being caused by HIV), iodine (refuses to look at the statistics of Japanese thyroid diseases), melatonin supplements (says it's bad for health) , all of them positions easily disproved in my opinion, in order to send a subliminal message to his readers "Don't trust anyone's word, not even mine's, without checking by yourself the evidence first ?"

His recent comments about Stalin being an interesting man are so disturbing and hard to believe, I've come to the conclusion Ray intentionally decredibilizes himself in order to take off his back some of the heat associated with his discoveries.

Thoughts ?

Aids not being caused by the HIV virus, or being a frequent misdiagnosis, is far from outrageous. As it is AIDS is the only "viral" disease that presents differently depending on the country and community its diagnosed in

aguineapig

He said of Putin and Stalin when queried via email ; "both very good leaders, not corrupt". It was screened in a thread on the Facebook group.

gately

Thoughts ?
Serious question: why would your first thought be that Ray Peat concocted a secret plan to hide subliminal messages in his body of work to teach people to think critically about who they listen to, instead of like, you know, the guy just being wrong about some things?

I mean seriously, does anything in the mountains of interviews he’s done over the last decade indicate he’s the kind of person who would do that?

This is on the level of guru worship in Tibetan Buddhism where a guru isn’t ever sick, they just display signs of sickness to teach their followers about suffering. It’s whackadoo.

Come on, man. I’ve been reading your posts for years. I know you like you some conspiracy, but you’re smarter than this, and you know damn well this is a looney toons question. The man is just plainly wrong about a bunch of stuff. It’s readily apparent from listening to him for even a few minutes that his brain works weird, which is how he came up with a lot of his research in the first place, and people who think differently on such an extreme level sometimes get things extremely wrong. The guy isn’t infallible.

lampofred

Maybe he has some ties with the Russian gov, so he's not allowed to say anything bad about Russia? It's a bit odd that he was able to go to the USSR in the Cold War-era, plus as someone who usually takes a critical stance on everything, he has never said a single bad thing about Russia or Russian leaders in interviews.

But I doubt he is intentionally lying to us on certain topics to make us think more critically.

Ableton

ray peats ideas are implemented on a national level in russia, which will make them a super nation among pufa infested societys in a matter of decades

RealNeat

ray peats ideas are implemented on a national level in russia, which will make them a super nation among pufa infested societys in a matter of decades
How do you know? This is a serious question. Proof of it being implemented widely.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Maybe he has some ties with the Russian gov, so he's not allowed to say anything bad about Russia? It's a bit odd that he was able to go to the USSR in the Cold War-era, plus as someone who usually takes a critical stance on everything, he has never said a single bad thing about Russia or Russian leaders in interviews.

But I doubt he is intentionally lying to us on certain topics to make us think more critically.

Russia doesn't even have control over what foreign RT channels say, i.e. RT britain was openly anti russian until very recently. Going TO Russia during the cold war era was never very difficult, lots of hippies did it, Muhammad Ali did it.

The general iq of this forum re: politics is very low, but I almost like the almost magical qualities that are assigned to Russia. "Duginist" russians simultaneously promoting neo nazism and communism using vast intelligence networks and huge sums of money is at least a fun conspiracy

Tarmander

I think what is more possible is Ray suffers from what many intellectuals suffer. He believes a contrarian view on so many topics, it becomes easy to assume the contrarian view with only a little evidence.

Many people are in this camp, myself included at times.

Unless you put skin in the game in risky endeavours, it is easy to make castles of thought.

There really is nothing you can do for people like this until reality breaks up the ossified thought forms with danger and ruthlessness.

gaze

There really is nothing you can do for people like this until reality breaks up the ossified thought forms with danger and ruthlessness.

could you expand on this? you mean danger pulls one out of contrarianism and into "conventional" thought by pulling them out of their head?

Tarmander

could you expand on this? you mean danger pulls one out of contrarianism and into "conventional" thought by pulling them out of their head?
I more meant contrarianism was the ossified thought form and danger broke up thought forms. You could have conventional thought be ossified as well. ie, everyone, even staunch atheists, are religious because everyone prays in a fox hole

Peatful

PTP

Thoughts ?

I have it on reliable intel that beneath all his oil paintings of nude women he has written messages such as: "eat pufa", "estrogen is the wife of God", and, perhaps most disturbingly, "I hate red lights, I never stop at them, I do not care how many cyclists I have hit with my car."

postman

Russia doesn't even have control over what foreign RT channels say, i.e. RT britain was openly anti russian until very recently. Going TO Russia during the cold war era was never very difficult, lots of hippies did it, Muhammad Ali did it.

The general iq of this forum re: politics is very low, but I almost like the almost magical qualities that are assigned to Russia. "Duginist" russians simultaneously promoting neo nazism and communism using vast intelligence networks and huge sums of money is at least a fun conspiracy
What a funny post. RT being anti-russian is laughable. Everybody is bad and conspiratorial, except for the Heavenly Russian Federation. Do you really believe in the horseshit your government puts out, or are you just pretending?

lvysaur

Having so much cognitive dissonance over someone else holding political views you disagree with that you convince yourself they're faking it.
Haven't seen this type of thought process even from campus feminists.

I have it on reliable intel that beneath all his oil paintings of nude women he has written messages such as: "eat pufa", "estrogen is the wife of God", and, perhaps most disturbingly, "I hate red lights, I never stop at them, I do not care how many cyclists I have hit with my car."
lol

Thoughts ?
Isn't being anti- vax also an "outrageous" position though?

Back
Top Bottom