Is There A Difference Between Low Magnesium And Low Calcium

Sagitarrius90

Is there any way to distinguish the two? I've recently been eating alot more calcium in my diet and lately I've felt depressed, down, anxious and high blood pressure (headache) which I never usually have

Calcium per day around 2-3 g
Magnesium 500mg

Previously I never had much calcium in my diet hence why it's a bit high maybe I've been a bit aggressive.

Frankdee20

Is there any way to distinguish the two? I've recently been eating alot more calcium in my diet and lately I've felt depressed, down, anxious and high blood pressure (headache) which I never usually have

Magnesium 500mg

Previously I never had much calcium in my diet hence why it's a bit high maybe I've been a bit aggressive.

Low magnesium for me is characterized by awfully tense muscles. My premature ejaculation seems to have subsided also by correcting this deficiency. The pelvic floor muscles must’ve been way too spastic. Calcium will antagonize magnesium. Constipation is magnesium deficiency also. My shoulder dyskinesis has amazingly corrected itself

Elephanto

If you aim to decrease Parathyroid Hormone with high Calcium intake, it's good to know that Magnesium also does that :

Relationship between serum magnesium, parathyroid hormone, and vascular calcification in patients on dialysis: a literature review. - PubMed - NCBI
4 of 5 studies of patients on peritoneal dialysis showed a significant inverse relationship between serum Mg and serum intact parathyroid hormone
an inverse relationship between serum Mg and vascular calcification

My intake is pretty much the opposite of yours, around 500mg of Calcium (which is enough to increase Testosterone) and generally 1g of Magnesium (up to 2g sometimes). As far as symptoms, tinnitus is a major sign of Magnesium deficiency and/or excess activation of Calcium channel receptors (which Mag, Zinc and Selenium antagonize). Cramps, stress (Mag being an NMDA antagonist), and decreased hair quality/thickness (as Mag removes tissue calcification). I also don't take Calcium every day, I think it is more important to tackle the loss of calcium from bones and its redirection into them (Boron, K2, CO2, minimizing Estrogen and Serotonin).

Last edited:

YourUniverse

If you aim to decrease Parathyroid Hormone with high Calcium intake, it's good to know that Magnesium also does that :

Relationship between serum magnesium, parathyroid hormone, and vascular calcification in patients on dialysis: a literature review. - PubMed - NCBI

My intake is pretty much the opposite of yours, around 500mg of Calcium (which is enough to increase Testosterone) and generally 1g of Magnesium (up to 2g sometimes). As far as symptoms, tinnitus is a major sign of Magnesium deficiency and/or excess activation of Calcium channel receptors (which Mag, Zinc and Selenium antagonize). Cramps, stress (Mag being an NMDA antagonist), and decreased hair quality/thickness (as Mag removes tissue calcification). I also don't take Calcium every day, I think it is more important to tackle the loss of calcium from bones and its redirection into them (Boron, K2, CO2, minimizing Estrogen and Serotonin).
whats your diet like? peating to 1g magnesium sounds extremely difficult

Elephanto

whats your diet like? peating to 1g magnesium sounds extremely difficult

Peating in principles (high carbs, low-moderate fat; all sat fats no O6, no gut-irritating starches) but no milk and low sugar. Mostly well-rinsed/drained white basmati rice + coconut oil with salt and ginger powder, a few organic veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, green peas, and legumes like Adzuki Beans and Lentils soaked in bicarbonate sodium for 24+ hours to decrease anti-nutrients and increase digestibility. A bit of fruits (raspberry, mango, pineapple), honey and maple syrup flakes and 2-3 tsps of cream for palmitic acid + a tsp of stearic acid powder. Pretty low protein intake too which limits Tryptophan, Arginine, Methionine, Cysteine.

Oh and I use Magnesium as supplement, though the legumes I eat are also good sources.

@Arrade Nature's Way Boron. I also recently bought Sodium Borate (Borax) to try in anti-parasitic protocols which uses higher dosages (like 45-90mg). I already use from times to times other effective antiseptics so I didn't really see or felt a difference though.

Arrade

Peating in principles (high carbs, low-moderate fat; all sat fats no O6, no gut-irritating starches) but no milk and low sugar. Mostly well-rinsed/drained white basmati rice + coconut oil with salt and ginger powder, a few organic veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, green peas, and legumes like Adzuki Beans and Lentils soaked in bicarbonate sodium for 24+ hours to decrease anti-nutrients and increase digestibility. A bit of fruits (raspberry, mango, pineapple), honey and maple syrup flakes and 2-3 tsps of cream for palmitic acid + a tsp of stearic acid powder. Pretty low protein intake too which limits Tryptophan, Arginine, Methionine, Cysteine.

@Arrade Nature's Way Boron. I also recently bought Sodium Borate (Borax) to try in anti-parasitic protocols which uses higher dosages (like 45-90mg). I already use from times to times other effective antiseptics so I didn't really see or felt a difference though.
That's a good brand, tnx

fradon

Magnesium 500mg

you are taking way too much calcium...

the video i just watched said never supplement CALCIUM, IRON & COPPER

increasing calcium can cause heart prolbems, anxiety, calcification of the soft tissue and muscles. it will become a toxic metal.

Arrade

you are taking way too much calcium...

the video i just watched said never supplement CALCIUM, IRON & COPPER

increasing calcium can cause heart prolbems, anxiety, calcification of the soft tissue and muscles. it will become a toxic metal.
Supplement vitamin D with a good proportion of Vit K.
Decalcification of the Aortic Valve by Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone-7) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
"
The study is a randomized clinical trial that will use Cardiac Echography and multi-detector computed tomography to compare the changes in the Aortic Valve Calcification Score (AVCS) over 3 years when using:

1. 1000 mcg/d Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) + 5000 IU/d Vitamin D3
  2. 5000 IU/d Vitamin D3 as a control group"