Is There A Biological Difference Between Limestone Calcium And Biological Calcium?

TreasureVibe

Hey everyone. According to the following article by Dr. Mercola (seen as a fraud by some of you) limestone sourced calcium supplements are dangerous because it is foreign to the body:

Calcium Supplements Linked to Breast Cancer and Heart Attack

What is the true difference between utility of the body of limestone calcium versus leafy greens/eggshell calcium? And is it truly dangerous to use a limestone calcium supplement?

I didn't post this in the Calcium section because the same question goes for all other minerals like magnesium. Admin can still move this topic to the Calcium section if deemed necessary. I wanted to add other minerals in the title as well but it didn't fit.

Thank you.

Lurker

The most comprehensive review of calcium I have seen has been from the RBTI folks. Reams used urinary pH, saliva pH, refractometer to measure sugar in urine and various other lab measures to describe the state of health. There was a dentist who wrote a whole book on the different forms of calcium used for different states. Their favorite was some colloidal calcium from the swamps of Florida that was supposed to be good for everyone. It’s been a while since I went down the RBTI rabbit hole but it is an interesting perspective if you have time to read up on it.

fradon

there is a lot of debate about organic and inorganic minerals

some say the body can use and aborb organic minerals from food better like getting calcium from milk or leafy greens compared to a tablet.

i've had bad experience with calcium supplements and even hard water, i get calcification in my legs, jaw and hands. but when i eat it from food i get none of it.

i've gone to the organic side of things and now try to get my minersal from food the best i can.

michael94

there is a lot of debate about organic and inorganic minerals

some say the body can use and aborb organic minerals from food better like getting calcium from milk or leafy greens compared to a tablet.

i've had bad experience with calcium supplements and even hard water, i get calcification in my legs, jaw and hands. but when i eat it from food i get none of it.

i've gone to the organic side of things and now try to get my minersal from food the best i can.
what do the plants do to the calcium and can we replicate that

or is it just the co nutrients that come with the calcium

benaoao

Oral supplementation of inorganic minerals is the worst idea that came from nutritionism

I think the wrong isotopes could cause harm. Impurities as well. And then there's stuff like what electronic state the atom is in - I'm trying to find it, but there is a company with that talks about this last part in relation to copper.

You should be made aware that limestone, according to the mainstream, is actually formed from the skeletal fragments of a billion years worth of ocean life - all of it is derived from life, most of it being from shells. This is why you can easily find the traces of shells within limestone. All of the calcium is from past life. So it is biological calcium. The difference is that limestone has had millions of years to become contaminated with other harmful elements (heavy metals) that though in amounts too low to change the rock type can still cause major problems for humans.

yerrag

Interesting question. I have had to choose between using calcium carbonate, light powder, and calcium carbonate, heavy powder - both food grade. The heavy powder , even though it's food grade, is meant for use in things like toothpaste. Whereas, the light grade is for supplementation and as antacid. I don't know if the difference between them is the source of raw material, or whether it is due to processing.

fradon

what do the plants do to the calcium and can we replicate that

or is it just the co nutrients that come with the calcium

I guess plants make the minerals food rather than rock. most minerals are metals so plants would also make them metal salts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals