Is The Starch In Banana The Dangerous "raw" Kind?

Discussion in 'Fruits' started by BaconBits, Jan 31, 2014.

1. BaconBits

BaconBits Member

?? Is there any way you can convert the starch to sugar. If you just leave it on the counter it putrifies and does not taste very good any more?

2. jyb

jyb Member

Maybe cook it in coconut oil? Just a thought. In my opinion though, that would be a lot of work for just a bit of sugar if its only one banana, I'd rather just pour some orange juice and literally be done in 10 seconds. Maybe in a higher quantity, but then potato seems more sound.

3. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

I used to put mine in the oven until the shell is completely all over pitch-blackened,the inside is kinda mushy by then but seems to be all sugar.

4. dukez07

dukez07 Member

I've done 30 bananas a day and I think they are an allergen, for me. Just something else to bear in mind. I think they are an allergen for a lot of people. Even when perfectly ripe, they cause me to feel like I have onset Alzheimer's coming on, or something.

I guess it's the same as potato. The longer you cook it, the greater the conversion from starch to sugar.

5. pboy

pboy Member

their non mutated form is more like a plantain...a starchy fruit with seeds meant to be cooked. The fact that this rare seedless form came into being that can sometimes ripen and be sort of edible, doesn't mean its ideal. Bananas have an excellent nutritional profile, but probably 75% of the time cause some kind of gas and bloating. When you do get a perfect one though they are pretty good and immediately stimulating. I usually just don't take the chance, but I used to eat them more and it was hit or miss, but sometimes they were really mood uplifting

6. Ben

Ben Member

Is raw starch even allergenic when consumed in supplements (like aspirin tablets, which often contain it)? When it comes to bananas, I noticed I produced so much gas when I ate them that I could use my rear-end as a jetpack. I think it fuels bacteria in your stomach and has a negative effect that way.

7. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

Er, is this you? :P

[​IMG]

8. Ben

Ben Member

I'm not quite that age yet. Must be a relative! :)