Is the Johnson and Johnson vacxine better?

daphne134

Is Johnson and Johnson's vaccine better than the mrna ones?
It doesn't have PEG so it has that going for it.
It is similar to AZ, however, so that's a concern.
Specifically I'm asking for someone with a congenital heart condition.
They also want to know why cell-manufactured spike proteins would be worse than the wild corona.
Any thoughts?

Perry Staltic

They also want to know why cell-manufactured spike proteins would be worse than the wild corona.

I would think that an injection is delivering a much larger dose of spike proteins directly into the blood than wild virus can initially. ACE2 receptors, the primary binding point, are expressed on arterial and venous endothelial cells and arterial smooth muscle cells.

Mito

FDA expected to announce new warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine related to rare autoimmune disorder​

“The Food and Drug Administration is preparing to announce a new warning for the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine saying the shot has been linked to a serious but rare side effect — Guillain-Barré syndrome, in which the immune system attacks the nerves, according to four individuals familiar with the situation.”

“Officials are expected to emphasize that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is safe and that its benefits clearly outweigh the potential risks, according to the people familiar with the situation.”

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I think it still delivers the spike protein, which is a synthetic version. Why does this person with a heart condition want to take such a risk?