Is Taking Pregnenolone Good Only For Men?

Discussion in 'Pregnenolone' started by j., Jul 15, 2013.

1. j.

j. Guest

Inspired by Rayser's claim in another thread:

Do men typically do better by supplementing pregnenolone than women? Ladies, your input will be appreciated.

2. readforjoy

readforjoy Member

I'm a 47 year old female, and started taking pregnenolone a month ago. Right away it helped my mood and mental clarity. Then I started taking T3 along with the pregnenolone and it is helping my fatigue.

3. jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

My sister seem to respond well to it, she is 22.

4. OP
    j.

j. Guest

Do you recall the benefits? Improvement in mood?

5. jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

After a few days on it, we went down to the basement to play pool, she couldn't stop laughing. When she is stress she takes some, but I think she takes progest-e every day, helps her with bloating and keeping her waist down.

6. ilovethesea

ilovethesea Member

I am female, I've been taking 30mg Country Life pregnenolone daily for a month but haven't noticed anything. I think I'll try doubling the dosage. I also take Progest-E but probably not enough of that either as I am still menstruating. I have low thyroid and just started detoxing PUFAs in Jan.

7. Jenn

Jenn Member

Pregnenelone helped me with memory and a general sense of well being and a sense that I could handle what's coming.

8. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Jenn, how much do you take?

9. Jenn

Jenn Member

I started with 50 mg, once per day in the AM. The next bottle I got 100 mg, by accident. I take it every couple of days, when I remember (oh the irony) except when I am taking Progest E.

10. honeybee

honeybee Member

I took 40 mg day for about a week. Increased my estrogen dominance symptoms, experienced very flat emotionless state ( very unlike me) . I may revisit it sometime but the estrogen sympoms were enough to make me stop.

11. Rolan

Rolan Member

Have any of the dudes taking it noticed accompanying hair loss?

12. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

I wonder if this is like when women take progesterone. That at first it makes the estrogen symptoms worse but with high doses you can plow through it.

Anytime my metabolism takes a step up, or down, I experience a period of hair loss.

13. SheilaHelm1

SheilaHelm1 Member

Production Manager, Publishing Company
    I've attempted taking it a couple of times and whether its coincidence or not, I had migraine type headaches that lasts a couple of days, accompanied with severe neck tension. :|

14. juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos Member

I've been taking 300mg of pregnenolone once a week. I don't notice anything that day, but a few days later I find my mood is better; much calmer and less likely to respond with anger or frustration to difficult situations. I take it in the morning, usually with some juice.

just adding I'm female, 39 years old.

15. jjones

jjones Member

I just started very low at 10mg in the morning of pregnenolone and noticed a stiffness in the back of my head, at the top of my neck. I felt like I either had a stiff neck or swollen glands somewhere back there. Any reason why taking this would cause such an odd reaction? This is the only place I've found anyone else mentioning this same thing. I did take it today without any neck stiffness. Just curious...

16. leo

leo Member

This week I also started very low 10 mg a.m. dose and had a stiff neck as well, plus a slight headache similar to hay fever headache. It lasted a few days and today I don't feel it.

Other than that, not feeling anything from the 10 mg dose.

17. OP
    j.

j. Guest

leo, I took 100 mg and was in heaven in the fourth day, before I didn't feel much. Are you using Swanson?

It's possible that you won't feel if your body produces enough, I think. I don't feel much from it anymore.

18. leo

leo Member

Yes Swanson.

I'll give it a few more days, but if I don't feel anything still, will probably drop it.

It could be placebo but I MAY be getting better sleep with the niacinamide. Too soon to tell. Everything I try for sleep seems to work wonders for about a week or so and then do nothing at all, so I'm wondering if the placebo effect is unusually strong with me.