CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Taking L-Glutamine For Leaky Gut Peat Friendly?

Discussion in 'Amino Acids' started by yoshiesque, Oct 16, 2014.

1. yoshiesque

yoshiesque Member

I have some gut issues, im starting to think i got leaky gut and would like to try large amounts of L-Glutamine. I am going to be doing some tests with the doctor, but thats for SIBO. Leaky gut is hard to diagnose.

So, just wondering if there is info on whether glutamine is bad? I know tryptophan is and as such have stopped taking whey protein.

2. Memma

Memma Member

Yoshiesque,
    I am interested in this question also. I wonder why none responded to your query. Did you find out anything useful since then?

3. tara

tara Member

4. PeatThemAll

PeatThemAll Member

Glutamine Supplementation Decreases Intestinal Permeability and Preserves Gut Mucosa Integrity in an Experimental Mouse Model

5. Tourist

Tourist Member

6. NathanK

NathanK Member

I think there are much better ways of skinning this cat. Glutamic acid is one of those things most have ample amount of esp if you have any "case of the nerves" (if you feel pretty good from glycine or taurine then thats a good sign of excess).

Start with your tests and then maybe move on to things like carrot salad, MB, or low dose antibiotics. Leaky gut is a smirk-worthy diagnosis since it is such a general catch-all for so many random practitioners.

If you just want a general Peat statement on the substance then youll be hard pressed to find him say good things about it.

7. magnesiumania

magnesiumania Member

I love L-glutamine. Probably because ive been subject to trauma and stress in my life. First time i did only 2 grams i morphed into another human being.... im metabolically very strange tho....

Ive basically experiemented with most amino acids, to learn but glutamine i was always very cautious with as its a precursor to glutamate (excitatory). Im not sure if i experienced serotonin syndrom, epilepsy, a stroke or just high excitotoxicity or all of the above but i experience a very traumatic state of conciousness about a year ago and have been researching anyting related to chemistry every since...

About isolated amino acids first rule is you dont take ANY amino acid alone for extended periods of time. Some really have to learn this the hard way although its very obvious. But i'd say try it if you wanna see how it can heal your gut. For me i could RELAX for the first time in a while and ive tried 100 supplements.....Just dont go nuts, back off and stay safe ;)

Also i wanna add that you always wanna supplement the b-vitamins (from natural sources, like bee pollen or nutritional yeast preferably) and magnesium to support you glutamine-glutamate-GABA pathway.

Retinoic acid also stimulate the production of the enzyme that convert glutamate to GABA so liver or anything high in retinol is beneficial when you take glutamine.