Is Sweating Out In A Sauna Bad? According To This Study It Increased GH 16 Fold And Prolactin 2 Fold

BibleBeliever

You probably could counter the negatives with adequate food/nutrition. I bring coconut water for potassium and other minerals and salt when sauna training. In muay thai we would do it; usually 20 minutes then take cold shower and repeat 3-4 times. Our coach would do martial arts while in the sauna. I think the most I shed was 8 lbs of water. You are sweating out salt too, so having salt with coconut water or whatever else should help counter the prolactin. Having ample sugar should help lower the growth hormone surge.

The only reason I don't go to the public sauna now is bacteria concerns. The YMCA gets a lot of strange characters, so who knows what bacteria is left in the air. Dry saunas are said to be safe, but many pour water on the rocks; the humidity carries bacteria. I have heard of people getting sick as a result.

OP
F

FredSonoma

You probably could counter the negatives with adequate food/nutrition. I bring coconut water for potassium and other minerals and salt when sauna training. In muay thai we would do it; usually 20 minutes then take cold shower and repeat 3-4 times. Our coach would do martial arts while in the sauna. I think the most I shed was 8 lbs of water. You are sweating out salt too, so having salt with coconut water or whatever else should help counter the prolactin. Having ample sugar should help lower the growth hormone surge.

The only reason I don't go to the public sauna now is bacteria concerns. The YMCA gets a lot of strange characters, so who knows what bacteria is left in the air. Dry saunas are said to be safe, but many pour water on the rocks; the humidity carries bacteria. I have heard of people getting sick as a result.

Ohhh wow okay interesting, appreciate the input!

BibleBeliever

Here are some links I had found on saunas:
Benefit of sweating: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/184745/
"Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury in Sweat: A Systematic Review"

Heat stress inhibits skeletal muscle hypertrophy

Are Saunas the Next Big Performance-Enhancing “Drug”?
Dr. Brian Clement on Infrared Saunas and Detoxification

This one states the hormone changes normalize about a few hours: How the sauna affects the endocrine system. - PubMed - NCBI

Protect from Hidden Dangers in the Sauna, Steam Room or Hot Tub
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-bacteria-content-like-in-a-cedar-lined-sauna
So Much for Saunas

Peat would probably be against saunas, like cold exposure. The least stressful would be the infrared sauna, you can get a portable one and get the benefits of red light therapy with it.
I have done a lot of cold training too; -30 Celsius shorts and t-shirt. -14 shovelling snow bare foot. Lots of cold showers, etc. The cold definitely is a stressor, lowers blood sugar, increases cortisol.
Now when I take a cold shower if I have enough sugar/salt after I don't feel the stress, but receive the enhanced cardiovascular performance and testosterone boost.
So countering the negatives of the stressors of the sauna with food hopefully does the same. Although the sauna is much more tiring because it takes a lot longer to fully replenish.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Here are some links I had found on saunas:
Benefit of sweating: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/184745/
"Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury in Sweat: A Systematic Review"

Are Saunas the Next Big Performance-Enhancing “Drug”?
Dr. Brian Clement on Infrared Saunas and Detoxification

This one states the hormone changes normalize about a few hours: How the sauna affects the endocrine system. - PubMed - NCBI

Protect from Hidden Dangers in the Sauna, Steam Room or Hot Tub
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-bacteria-content-like-in-a-cedar-lined-sauna
So Much for Saunas

Peat would probably be against saunas, like cold exposure. The least stressful would be the infrared sauna, you can get a portable one and get the benefits of red light therapy with it.
I have done a lot of cold training too; -30 Celsius shorts and t-shirt. -14 shovelling snow bare foot. Lots of cold showers, etc. The cold definitely is a stressor, lowers blood sugar, increases cortisol.
Now when I take a cold shower if I have enough sugar/salt after I don't feel the stress, but receive the enhanced cardiovascular performance and testosterone boost.
So countering the negatives of the stressors of the sauna with food hopefully does the same. Although the sauna is much more tiring because it takes a lot longer to fully replenish.

Ohh okay interesting, thank you for this information!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals