pro marker

the idea that raw fish is inherently bad is absurd, it has a place in every culture that has ever had access to fish.
i had a period of eating raw fish from the fish counter at supermarkets and i got a ton of worms. red brown white you name it. ate papaya seeds and they died of after a week. eating the seeds gave me horrible headaches.

nowadays the oceans are so polluted, perhaps even wild-caught fish is not safe anymore? i don't know.

OP
L

Logan-

Can I make sure it is safe, if I prepare and make nigiri at home?

OP
L

Logan-

Is it safe to make sushi at home?​

If you’re making sushi at home, though, you’ve got three options, as recommended by the FDA: You can freeze your fish at -4° F for a week, freeze it until solid at -31° F and then store it at the same ambient temperature for 15 hours, or freeze it at -31° F until solid and store for a day at -4° F.

OP
L

Logan-

OP
L

Logan-

The Japanese are lucky to have access to high quality and sterile sushi in their homeland.

OP
L

Logan-

@Rinse & rePeat what do you think about sushi?
Yeah, that is a difficult subject for me, because I love sushi and raw oysters, so much. I feel like it is playing Russian roulette now. I will eat oysters in the really cold months, and ONLY IF it is a place that specializes in oysters I will have them, but with tequila to kill anything that is possible to hurt me. Sushi the same thing, but it just has to be a high end restaurant and I avoid the salmon and raw shellfish, including oysters. I rarely eat either now, when it use to be once a week. I will make it at home on a rare occasion when I can control the quality of the ingredients.

OP
L

Logan-

Yeah, that is a difficult subject for me, because I love sushi and raw oysters, so much. I feel like it is playing Russian roulette now. I will eat oysters in the really cold months, and ONLY IF it is a place that specializes in oysters I will have them, but with tequila to kill anything that is possible to hurt me. Sushi the same thing, but it just has to be a high end restaurant and I avoid the salmon and raw shellfish, including oysters. I rarely eat either now, when it use to be once a week. I will make it at home on a rare occasion when I can control the quality of the ingredients.
Yeah, I love sushi as well. It’s one of the tastiest things I’ve ever tasted, nigiri is delicious. I wonder if vodka or tequila can be used to render sushi harmless. I think it can be, but the end product would lose its texture and shape, and taste. The rice would probably break apart if it is soaked in vodka. I wish there was a way to make this healthy, but you are right, it’s playing a Russian roulette; the risk is real and so it’s not worth it. I haven’t eaten it for at least 8 years.

OP
L

Logan-

Actually, the fish can be made to wait in alcohol for some time, before it meets rice, but the parasites’ eggs may be protected from alcohol’s toxicity.

Yeah, I love sushi as well. It’s one of the tastiest things I’ve ever tasted, nigiri is delicious. I wonder if vodka or tequila can be used to render sushi harmless. I think it can be, but the end product would lose its texture and shape, and taste. The rice would probably break apart if it is soaked in vodka. I wish there was a way to make this healthy, but you are right, it’s playing a Russian roulette; the risk is real and so it’s not worth it. I haven’t eaten it for at least 8 years.
Oh no you can’t treat the fish with alcohol, it would be terrible, but for me to sip on tequila while enjoying carefully selective fish and using the wasabi liberally is a good strategy. Wasabi is meant for that very purpose. BTW most restaurants use fake wasabi, which is horseradish and does not kill “possible undesirable things”…

“And only real freshly grated wasabi, served in some high-end authentic sushi restaurants, is capable of killing some nematode parasites and bacteria.”

OP
L

Logan-

Regarding artichokes I talked to a few people about it, and they said it’s not the time of the year yet. I think I have wait for a few months before the artichokes appear. BTW, I like that you are using a blue light filter.

IMG_7950.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals