Is Supplementing Vit E Actually Bad For You?

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

"I think he must have been thinking about lipid peroxidation in general, which would be less of an issue with coconut oil (although coconut oil has only negligible amounts of fatty acids capable of displacing arachidonic acid from the sn-2 position of cell membrane phospholipids without prior elongation—as opposed to chocolate, macadamia, and shea.)"

@Travis. I was wondering if the acids in coconut oil might actually inhibit Stearic acid from getting into the cell

MrThyroid

im using this https://www.amazon.de/Weizenkeimöl-Kapseln-von-vitalingo-hochdosiert/dp/B01FO53SK4/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1520371287&sr=8-20&keywords=weizenkeimöl
derived from wheat germ oil in germany. The ingredients are wheat germ oil, glycerine and vitamin e only. Nothin else. And im feeling the effect of it after 20 to 30 min. I took 4 capsules each capsule cointains 4 mg vitamin e.
The effects are pretty obvious telling me that im reallllyyyy deficient on vitamin e so much defficient that i builded so many blood clotts. After taking the vitamin e capsules and gingko biloba i can wc again pretty with out any constipation problems, feels so good.
I think if you take vitamin e derived from wheat germ oil you need to take it 2 weeks or more to see significant changes in bloodflow and reducing effect. I think its due to tocopherol which builds up in liver. I heard that tocotrienole gives you immedetialy the vitamin e effect but the body cant save them well.
I also think that vitamin e is most important fat soluble vitamin nowa days because it protects us from all those lipophilic toxins (pufas) and all this crap.

Last edited:

Mossy

Non-PUFA Vit E is always preferable; there are many vendors offering it in both dry and non dry form (see Dan's toxinless website).

But even Vit E in vegetable oil can be a life saver is urgent situations like rheumatic fever, infarcts and venous thrombosius.
Ok, thanks. Appreciate the reply.

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

Per @Travis "The production of peroxynitrite depends upon nitric oxide, an obligate precursor, and the concentrations of ˙NO and ONOO⁻ are always directly proportional to each other. As cyclooxygenase follows first-order kinetics, the concentration of both arachidonic acid and peroxynitrite determine the production rate of prostaglandin H: the precursor for all the other prostaglandins, which can then form prostastaglandin E and D either by spontaneous decomposition or through the agency of their respective progenitor enzymes."

Per @haidut "It just so happens that inosine is a reactive nitrogen species scavenger and neutralizes NO directly.

Travis

Per @Travis "The production of peroxynitrite depends upon nitric oxide, an obligate precursor, and the concentrations of ˙NO and ONOO⁻ are always directly proportional to each other. As cyclooxygenase follows first-order kinetics, the concentration of both arachidonic acid and peroxynitrite determine the production rate of prostaglandin H: the precursor for all the other prostaglandins, which can then form prostastaglandin E and D either by spontaneous decomposition or through the agency of their respective progenitor enzymes."

Per @haidut "It just so happens that inosine is a reactive nitrogen species scavenger and neutralizes NO directly.
You found another scavenger; nice.

When I had went to the grocery store yesterday, I had looked for γ-tocopherol and had been disappointed to find-out that they don't even have it (and they have alot). I hardly take any supplements besides the occasional kelp tablets (for I⁻) and B vitamin cocktail, but γ-tocopherol really seems awesome enough to buy it. But I will say that I hadn't looked in the 'M' section, this being where the 'mixed tocopherols would be found (if present).

But I did find at the grocery store coffee, green tea, pineapples, figs, kale, garlic, dill, and apples (Gala).

Travis

J

jb116

B12 is also very powerful scavenger. Luckily it's the hydroxy form best at it.

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

Vitamin B12 is a co-substrate of various cell reactions involved in methylation synthesis of nucleic acid and neurotransmitters. Synthesis of the trimonoamine neurotransmitters can enhance the effects of a traditional antidepressant.[13] The intracellular concentrations of vitamin B12 can be inferred through the total plasma concentration of homocysteine, which can be converted to methionine through an enzymatic reaction that uses 5-methyltetrahydrofolate as the methyl donor group. Consequently, the plasma concentration of homocysteine falls as the intracellular concentration of vitamin B12 rises. The active metabolite of vitamin B12 is required for the methylation of homocysteine in the production of methionine, which is involved in a number of biochemical processes including the monoamine neurotransmitters metabolism.-Wikipedia

Per @Travis I should not be taking B12

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

After ingestion, inosine produces uric acid that is suggested to be a natural antioxidant and a peroxynitrite scavenger with potential benefits to patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).[4] Peroxynitrite has been correlated with axon degeneration [1]. In 2003, a study was initiated at the University of Pennsylvania MS Center to determine whether raising the levels of uric acid by the administration of inosine would slow the progression of MS.[5] The study was completed in 2006 but the results were not reported to NIH. A subsequent publication hinted at potential benefits but the sample size (16 patients) was too small for a definitive conclusion.[6] In addition, the side effect of the treatment was the development of kidney stones in four of 16 patients. Thus, additional studies are necessary to prove the treatment's efficacy.-Wikipedia

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

Effects of Aspirin on Prostaglandin H2:

• Aspirin has been hypothesized to block the conversion of arachidonic acid to Prostaglandin
    -Wikipedia

Travis

Effects of Aspirin on Prostaglandin H2:

• Aspirin has been hypothesized to block the conversion of arachidonic acid to Prostaglandin
    -Wikipedia
Hypothesized? I think this is another inaccurate Wikipediation. I'm fairly certain that this has been conclusively proven.

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

Another BIG plus for aspirin! I take 2-3 a day

Travis

Another BIG plus for aspirin! I take 2-3 a day
Nice. I think it would be fun to get some willow bark and add it to something like coffee, yerba mate, or pau d'arco tea. Of course this would probably be the single most expensive way to consume aspirin, but I do enjoy the novelty of using whole plants.

I don't think we'll have to battle prostaglandins for too much longer. As long as you've stopped eating linoleic acid—including that found in eggs—then you should be getting depleted by now. The synthesis of Mead acid and docosapentaenoic acid is made in its stead, with the latter only capable of making the safer 3-series prostaglandins while the former won't make any at all (although it can of course still form a minor eicosanoid through lipoxygenase.)

Aleeri

It has very little gamma tocopherol (look in the q&a)
I think you want more gamma then alpha maybe even 2:1 or 3:1.

Ok fair enough but would this supplement not be the ideal form to get Vitamin E from? Since it's like eating lots of fruit.

Derived from Palm Fruit, fruit is a very Peat approved food, as well as palm oil, is mostly saturated fat, similar in composition to cacao butter, just a bit more polys:

https://i.imgur.com/EKOCXFS.png

Also, this is interesting:

The sesamin safely maximizes the retention of vitamin E in the body by inhibiting CYP3A, which avoids vitamin K depletion normally associated with high-dose vitamin E supplementation.

OP
Obi-wan

Obi-wan

I think Vit. E should be taken sparingly (once a week, not Daily) and is better if it is higher in gamma than alpha. @bzmazu has it correct IMO.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals