Is Short Term Stress Good? [It's The Fear Of Stress That Harms You Most.]

paymanz

I find that anger relieves nervousness.
Yes especially if you release it.agree

Corresponding chemicals for them is probably neuradrenalin+testosterone vs adrenalin+cortisol
Anger vs. Fear

Anger seems better but still is not good thing,is not best.

thyrulian

Yes especially if you release it.agree

Corresponding chemicals for them is probably neuradrenalin+testosterone vs adrenalin+cortisol
Anger vs. Fear

Anger seems better but still is not good thing,is not best.
Anger for me is usually ecstatically stimulating.

Its impulsive nature, reducing inhibition seems potentially quite beneficial.

I think the main issue is how your anger can affect others, if they witness it, and what frustration may be prompting it in the first place.

InChristAlone

I have found fear is one of the worst stresses there is. Very immobilizing. It is our reaction, not the stress itself. For instance an adrenaline rush that wakes you up from your sleep is terrifying yet an adrenaline rush when going on a rollercoaster is exhilarating. Adrenaline due to fear is soooooooo crappy. And appears to take longer to resolve than a short term stress reaction. I've spent the last 2 yrs studying anxiety. My only answer is to calm fear via loving yourself, that the universe has your back, there is nothing to fear.

Regina

It's an adaptive hormone cortisol, like adrenalin. Like serotonin,estrogen,nitric oxide all have purpose but when chronic it's an issue I think. Adaptive is neutral to your perception of good or bad situation.

They are meant to be at the lower end of the scale, your more intelligent and creative with coherent high metabolism, generally people functioning on adrenalin all the time will be in survival mode, there not intelligent just more reacting to things.
Poorer perception,thinking and acting. Adrenalin could be seen as just re-act, mob like mentality maybe.

So if your intelligent you can still be ok using cortisol and adrenalin etc but long term they will make you less intelligent, that's what I think, prolonged stress hormones may turn you into a savage. Plenty of financially successful narcissistic savages out there.
Cortisol is a pain killer also ,is it not?

PUFA in excess could lower inflammation if you were in a desperately inflamed state at the end of the earth, I would rather chew a tree bark for apsirin if I had too.
Another good response Drareg

Drareg

Another good response Drareg

Thanks Regina.
The meaning comes into all this again as the op questioned, meaning,energy and matter are linked/one ,if you have no meaning you loose energy,no energy meaning is changed ,matter is structure in all this and the stress hormones will obviously effect structure.
Our perceptions are always changing because of this it seems.
Finding this "coherent energy" is key if the above were relevant, meaning is within everything,it's goes on for infinity,Bohm asks if humans and you personally mean something to the universe/reality?
If so this is where the "coherent energy" may be,it will change,the universal meaning has to change and will change for infinity according to the current understanding so you must change to stay "coherent".
Intuitive sense then may be relevant here as Peat has mentioned.

Peat speaks about this a lot,I think that's why he sees the value in encouraging people to meet new people and try new tasks,there is no getting around the importance of having "meaning".
Ironically it seems humans can be sick structurally say from a poor environment in the womb and will long for more meaning in life,the healthy structural human can start to believe their is no meaning and get sick structurally,as Peat mentioned somehow they both know when they are not "coherent which is interesting when you think about it.

As Peat said Monsieur Merleau Ponty said,"we are doomed to meaning".
We all want to know the "meaning" of life,well it is "meaning" it seems,reality having the lols at humans....

Regina

Thanks Regina.
The meaning comes into all this again as the op questioned, meaning,energy and matter are linked/one ,if you have no meaning you loose energy,no energy meaning is changed ,matter is structure in all this and the stress hormones will obviously effect structure.
Our perceptions are always changing because of this it seems.
Finding this "coherent energy" is key if the above were relevant, meaning is within everything,it's goes on for infinity,Bohm asks if humans and you personally mean something to the universe/reality?
If so this is where the "coherent energy" may be,it will change,the universal meaning has to change and will change for infinity according to the current understanding so you must change to stay "coherent".
Intuitive sense then may be relevant here as Peat has mentioned.

Peat speaks about this a lot,I think that's why he sees the value in encouraging people to meet new people and try new tasks,there is no getting around the importance of having "meaning".
Ironically it seems humans can be sick structurally say from a poor environment in the womb and will long for more meaning in life,the healthy structural human can start to believe their is no meaning and get sick structurally,as Peat mentioned somehow they both know when they are not "coherent which is interesting when you think about it.

As Peat said Monsieur Merleau Ponty said,"we are doomed to meaning".
We all want to know the "meaning" of life,well it is "meaning" it seems,reality having the lols at humans....
"we are doomed to meaning". Hmmm. That sums up quite a lot!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals