Is Sea Salt Better Than Ordinary One? Good Brands?

Birdie

Thanks, but I live in Holland and I can only find Morton Kosher Salt, but not the canning and pickling salt unfortunately. Do you recommend this Morton Kosher salt, or do you know of an alternative brand that is available in Holland?

Also, when speaking of high iron content in sea salt, are we talking about an anti-caking agent that was added or natural occuring iron in the sea salt?
The sea salt itself will have varying amounts of heavy metals including iron.
I think the Morton s Kosher is good. It’s another one I use. Have to admit I use some sea salts I can’t resist. For years I omitted them, and now use em occasionally. I try to follow the overall advice of RP but go easy these days.

cyclops

Have to admit I use some sea salts I can’t resist. For years I omitted them, and now use em occasionally.

Do you think sea salts taste different/better or something? I ask because I don't taste any difference between any kind of salt.

Birdie

Do you think sea salts taste different/better or something? I ask because I don't taste any difference between any kind of salt.
Well, I’m one of those that notices the difference! I’ve heard lots of people say they can’t tell any difference.;)

cyclops

Well, I’m one of those that notices the difference! I’ve heard lots of people say they can’t tell any difference.;)

O that's cool; you're sensitive enough to taste a difference. I just wanted to make sure that's why you said you use them and it wasn't for some health benefit.

TreasureVibe

fyi u could always take baking soda baths to absorb the sodium your body needs.
Thanks, wouldn't the alkalizing properties of sodium bicarbonate cause health problems? What's Ray Peat's take on this?

The sea salt itself will have varying amounts of heavy metals including iron.
I think the Morton s Kosher is good. It’s another one I use. Have to admit I use some sea salts I can’t resist. For years I omitted them, and now use em occasionally. I try to follow the overall advice of RP but go easy these days.
Thanks, I have read however the kosher salt also contains anti-caking agents. Is this true to your knowledge?