Is Salted Water Bad For The Gut?

yoshiesque

I drink about 50ml (or less) of hot water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I have normally low blood pressure, so I find this helps.

I recall hearing u should never take salt alone as its irritating or something for the gut. Is this same for salt water?

Barry Obummer

Depends on the person I think. I took 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt by itself and nothing happened.

Barry Obummer

I drink salted water often....no adverse effects
What concentration do you drink? Why do you drink it? Just curious - Thanks

OldMan

....I drink it before I go to bed and upon waking...to keep cortisol aldosterone and adrenal activity from rising too much during sleep.... I put in a teaspoon or so in a 8oz cup of water.... Salt is only sea salt.. Not Himalayan due to its high iron content

Barry Obummer

....I drink it before I go to bed and upon waking...to keep cortisol aldosterone and adrenal activity from rising too much during sleep.... I put in a teaspoon or so in a 8oz cup of water.... Salt is only sea salt.. Not Himalayan due to its high iron content
Interesting, thanks.

L

Lord Cola

Putting salt in thinner liquids like juice, milk, water seems to hinder their absorption. Putting salt in or on thicker liquids like concentrated gelatinous soup or solid foods like cheese or meat seems better. I'm not sure why for now.