Is renal artery stenosis a death sentence?

JohnHafterson

Part of the aging process - cv system getting calcified clogged over the years. Can probably improve, slow down, etc. Full reversal depending on how well established/extensive probably not likely. There are probably a lot of older people with undiagnosed calicified stenotic systems functioning pretty well if that doesn't take them out something else will eventually. Not a death sentence.

Lifestyle modification, diet, supplements, some drugs

Do some research using the following keywords: stenosis - stenotic - nutraceutical - amelioration - reversal

There are a lot of papers on the above.

Last edited:

Elie

Forum Supporter
I was diagnosed yesterday i don't feel sick or anything is it possible i can reverse this
Not if the stenosis doesn't progress or you are able to reverse.
I have seen reversals in the past.
What do you think caused the stenosis?
How is your diet, lifestyle etc.?

OP
D

Decentguy13

Not if the stenosis doesn't progress or you are able to reverse.
I have seen reversals in the past.
What do you think caused the stenosis?
How is your diet, lifestyle etc.?
Im unsure of what caused this i exercise i drink plenty fluids and i take supplements the only one i could see that caused this was L arginine as I've read its bad for kidney function

OP
D

Decentguy13

Part of the aging process - cv system getting calcified clogged over the years. Can probably improve, slow down, etc. Full reversal depending on how well established/extensive probably not likely. There are probably a lot of older people with undiagnosed calicified stenotic systems functioning pretty well if that doesn't take them out something else will eventually. Not a death sentence.

Lifestyle modification, diet, supplements, some drugs

Do some research using the following keywords: stenosis - stenotic - nutraceutical - amelioration - reversal

There are a lot of papers on the above.
Would high dose k2 be of any help?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Im unsure of what caused this i exercise i drink plenty fluids and i take supplements the only one i could see that caused this was L arginine as I've read its bad for kidney function
Is the stenosis from within the artery plaque build up or is it from localized growth impinging in the arteries?
What did you take L-arginine for?
What prompted the discovery of the stenosis?
K2 certainly could help with plaque, which is a akin to a scab on injured skin, since plaque is a response to injury (chemical, usually free radical damage).
I can likely offer guidance since I have worked with numerous people with CVD, but would need more info.

OP
D

Decentguy13

Is the stenosis from within the artery plaque build up or is it from localized growth impinging in the arteries?
K2 certainly could help with plaque, which is a akin to a scab on injured skin, since plaque is a response to injury (chemical, usually free radical damage).
I can likely offer guidance since I have worked with numerous people with CVD, but would need more info.

They said i have distal right renal artery stenosis i was taking the l arginine to lower the blood pressure my doctor wanted me to do a kidney scan due to hypertension

Elie

Forum Supporter
They said i have distal right renal artery stenosis i was taking the l arginine to lower the blood pressure my doctor wanted me to do a kidney scan due to hypertension
Peat highlights the importance of calcium and other minerals (mag, potassium, sodium) for HBP.
Supporting energy generation with the principles laid out in the forum and Peat's articles is helpful.
this is a bit piecemeal, so I'd need more specifics from you to try to help you. feel free to message me directly.

JohnHafterson

Would high dose k2 be of any help?
K2 is good for vascular system/arteries don't know if high dose is needed. Though some studies use high dose. Ray mentions 3-10mg for vascular benefits in interview.

Taurine is something to consider good for vascular system ( endothelial function, anti-atherogenic, anti-sclerotic ), anti-inflammatory, keeps lipids in check, it's a natural ACE inhibitor, and works all throughout the Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System, among other things. Mentioned in a few papers on stenosis.

Arginine is murky. Seen a few papers where it may cause kidney issues. John Cooke MD ( Stanford ) wrote a book on using arginine for cardiovascular issues awhile back but eventually moved away from it due to some problems.

Probably best to target your approach from a few angles. This article is pretty comprehensive with some nice mention of pharmaceuticals and non-pharmaceuticals and things to target ( inflammation, glycation, endothelial function, etc) it addresses carotid arteries but kidneys and heart issues usually hand in hand what benefits one benefits the other(s).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals