Is Ray Peat Wrong On Starches Or I Am Missing Something?

OP
V

vb2005

Has anyone on this forum ever experimented with an all potatoe diet?
I tried high potatoes before. At first they gave huge muscle pumps, deepend the voice greatly and felt wonderful. I always consumed them with butter and meat.
Eventually eating potatoes started to digest terrible and would cause extreme mental irritability. I also noticed they caused deposits in my muscles; like calcium crystals. Usually in the upper back and trap muscles. Stopping the potatoes and these deposits would go away every time; returning to potatoes and the same effect would always come back. Weston Price has an article on dangers of nightshades/potatoes: https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/food-features/nightshades/

I wonder if the key to digesting potatoes is have them as the primary food source with almost no others; maybe mixing them with other foods causes issues for many?
I wonder if anyone who had potatoe digesting difficulty; experimented with a solely potatoe diet and their body was able to digest them well after time. It would be curious if it's possible. An all potatoe diet would be extraordinarily cheap.
I know the tribe mentioned survives on them and many others do; so maybe quality or cooking methods is a big issue.

I would always make sure mine were fresh and peel the skins and cook as thoroughly as possible, but still even then the digestion issues would arise. It's too bad because the power they used to give was great. Even combining with an anti-endotoxin like horseradish doesn't suffice. Unless a diet high in fructose doesn't mix with potatoes; maybe you have to choose one or the other?
Yet in contrast there are no problems with white rice.

If you dont have problem with white rice maybe the problems with potatoes comes from lectins - there is doctor that specializes in lectins i his name was Gundry and his book was
The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain

So he claims that you can neutralize lectins by pressure cooking. Also maybe potatoes are better than rice because their protein is better than rice and more bioavailable - then maybe raypeat potatoe protein soup will give you the benefits of potatoes without problems. BTW what sort of rice and potatoes do you eat - some people say there is a big difference between amylose and amylopectin starch digestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals