Is Raw Dairy More Estrogenic Than Pasteurized Dairy?

ANDREW CHIN

Hello Everyone,
I've been wondering about this for a while, but I haven't found any information online: Is raw dairy more estrogenic than pasteurized dairy? According to Dr. William Wong, whose podcast I listen to on YT, pasteurization destroys the hormones in dairy. He actually prefers pasteurized dairy partly because of this.

Here are a couple links:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf801344x#
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2ac4/b00ea688c52209807982243ca80e41f3ddc5.pdf

As an interesting aside, check out the phytoestrogen levels in soya infant formula and soya TVP (see the PDF link at the bottom of the article). It's off the charts, almost literally!

Gone Peating

I think that the progesterone to estrogen ratio in milk is supposed to eliminate any estrogenic problems

That's just what I've heard lol, I imagine a lot of it depends on the cow itself, how healthy it is, if it's pregnant while being milked

OP
A

ANDREW CHIN

I think that the progesterone to estrogen ratio in milk is supposed to eliminate any estrogenic problems

That's just what I've heard lol, I imagine a lot of it depends on the cow itself, how healthy it is, if it's pregnant while being milked

Good call, makes a lot of sense. :)

Nebula

I think all milk is probably estrogenic unless thyroid, liver and hormone balance are already near optimal.

lampofred

I think all milk is probably estrogenic unless thyroid, liver and hormone balance are already near optimal.

Yes. I think nourishing foods are necessarily estrogenic.

Nebula

Yes. Nourishing foods are necessarily estrogenic.
It might be nourishing but the estrogen content is likely to be a net disturbance to hormonal balance unless the systems capable of detoxifying estrogen are working.

lampofred

Mind explaining why? I'm interested.

Estrogen is the hormone of growth and proliferation. If something is nourishing enough to be useful for growth (milk) then it's nature must necessarily be estrogenic. That's how I view it.

I don't mean estrogenic in the sense of actually containing estrogen, I mean estrogenic in the sense of activating the proliferative functions of the body, as opposed to the differentiative/GABAergic functions.

Ron J

Estrogen is the hormone of growth and proliferation. If something is nourishing enough to be useful for growth (milk) then it's nature must necessarily be estrogenic. That's how I view it.

I don't mean estrogenic in the sense of actually containing estrogen, I mean estrogenic in the sense of activating the proliferative functions of the body, as opposed to the differentiative/GABAergic functions.
Alright. Thanks for sharing.

Fractality

What are some examples of food that activates the differentiative functions? I'm guessing high glycine proteins would be one example.

lampofred

What are some examples of food that activates the differentiative functions? I'm guessing high glycine proteins would be one example.

Gelatin I think so. I think things that don't lower blood sugar upon consumption might be the "adult" foods. So maybe orange juice. Most likely coffee also, which raises blood sugar. Protein lowers blood sugar except gelatin I think, that's why gelatin is more for adults and milk is more for children, unless you have great thyroid and can handle the milk as an adult. But overall I don't really fully understand it, I'm just guessing. Maybe it has something to do with "heating" foods being differentiating, and "cooling" foods being proliferative.

Abba

All milking [female] cows are kept constantly pregnant as they produce much more milk that way [its called 'no added hormones'].

BigChad

Hello Everyone,
I've been wondering about this for a while, but I haven't found any information online: Is raw dairy more estrogenic than pasteurized dairy? According to Dr. William Wong, whose podcast I listen to on YT, pasteurization destroys the hormones in dairy. He actually prefers pasteurized dairy partly because of this.

Here are a couple links:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf801344x#
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2ac4/b00ea688c52209807982243ca80e41f3ddc5.pdf

As an interesting aside, check out the phytoestrogen levels in soya infant formula and soya TVP (see the PDF link at the bottom of the article). It's off the charts, almost literally!

raw dairy, I would assume is at least as estrogenic as pasteurized dairy. I was also thinking (hoping) that the pasteurization process kills off estrogens in milk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom