Is Raw a2 grass fed milk safe?

Raw Milk safe?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

I’m gonna give Grass fed a2 Raw milk dairy a go, see how that goes with my eczema as pure A2 milk is the only thing I haven’t tried yet.

I’ve spoke with the farm directly who state their certified by the food Standards agency to produce raw milk which involves regular inspections etc, following strict HACCP protocols and food safety management etc etc..
(Uk guidelines).

If this works for my eczema, then I plan to drink a decent amount of this stuff and so when you hear about the risk of E-coli, Listeria, Campylobacter etc

Is there any risk with these bacterias really?

Korven

I think it's safe if you have robust digestion, good thyroid function etc. I'm drinking 2 litres raw A2 milk per day and feel amazing.

Korven

In my experience letting it warm up to room temp and adding some raw honey helps with digestion.

The concern about the risks are almost all a continuation of the arguments from the early 1900s when pasteurization of milk for people in cities became common, when for convenience of distributing the milk in the cities the cows were being kept in buildings in cities with much worse hygienic practices than nowadays. There's still a little bit of a risk if the cow has a diseased udder that isn't noticed or if feces somehow get into the milk, but that's so uncommon nowadays from a farm of people who know what they're doing that you don't really need to worry about inspections and certifications if they're okay with you meeting them and seeing the farm. And there are a lot of people who have one or two cows or a small group of goats who sell raw milk as pet food because they don't have a license for selling for human consumption and want to keep it inexpensive.

There are things in the raw milk that keep the proportions of the bacteria safe. If you're suspicious of a batch, let it ferment (shake it each day and it'll become a kefir-like consistency instead of separating into curds and whey (and split a gallon into two gallons of containers so it has room to expand during fermentation)), and the fermentation will control the proportional growths of the bacterias moreso, and if it smells and tastes obviously wrong after fermentation then there was something wrong with the hygiene during that milking, and if it doesn't smell and taste wrong then the fermentation made it even more safe. If you let it ferment for months it can go bad (it'll smell bad and turn brownish), but I'm talking about fermenting it for about a week or two until it's like a strong kefir. I've fermented probably thousands of gallons of raw milk from several farms and there's never been one that went bad quickly during fermentation or made me sick.

Last edited:

GTW

Kefir is not the product of naturally occurring fermentation in raw milk.
Get kefir grains and do it. Kefir grows at room temperature and even in the fridge.

The kefir grains make kefir have different bacteria (which could be even better for making sure the bacterial growth is controlled to be a healthy mixture), and peptides from the amino acids, and some changes of nutrient amounts. Kefir's even better than just letting the raw milk ferment. But it does take a little more effort to strain out the kefir grains and pay attention to conditions that can affect keeping them healthy.

I just meant that shaking the raw milk while it's fermenting will make it have a kefir-like consistency of the fats mixed in smoothly with the whey, whereas if you don't shake it you'll have whey to drink and cheese curds to eat. And the taste is very similar to kefir.

Dr. B

I’m gonna give Grass fed a2 Raw milk dairy a go, see how that goes with my eczema as pure A2 milk is the only thing I haven’t tried yet.

I’ve spoke with the farm directly who state their certified by the food Standards agency to produce raw milk which involves regular inspections etc, following strict HACCP protocols and food safety management etc etc..
(Uk guidelines).

If this works for my eczema, then I plan to drink a decent amount of this stuff and so when you hear about the risk of E-coli, Listeria, Campylobacter etc

where are you getting it from, this is in the UK?
not sure how it is over there but in the US some states require a personal contract to get raw milk which can be abused by the farmer to give you poor quality milk.

OP
J

Josh

where are you getting it from, this is in the UK?
not sure how it is over there but in the US some states require a personal contract to get raw milk which can be abused by the farmer to give you poor quality milk.

Yeah its from a farm called Hill farm, in the UK they have to be certified by the Food standards agency where they get tested throughout the year

T

TheBeard

(Uk guidelines).

I know you are starting this experiment based on my feedback and recommendations.
I can tell you that after 2 years of drinking grass fed A2 raw milk, I feel better than ever.
I can feel the flow of energy coming from that live food to my body after just a liter of the delicious white gold.

Dr. B

I know you are starting this experiment based on my feedback and recommendations.
I can tell you that after 2 years of drinking grass fed A2 raw milk, I feel better than ever.
I can feel the flow of energy coming from that live food to my body after just a liter of the delicious white gold.
where do you get quality A2 raw milk from? one of the raw milks I tried gave estrogenic symptoms! most i have tried have been fine. it seems like its actually thicker and harder to digest than pasteurized milk

Vileplume

Raw A1 milk gives me digestive problems, creaky joints, coated tongue. Raw goat milk is my favorite food and I love it. I searched “raw goat milk” on Craigslist and luckily found a farmer near me who sells it under the table.

If the USDA got involved, the milk would probably be one more expensive yet worse in quality.

ScottyVP

Some people got ill from campylobacter at the raw organic farm milk local to me a few year back, I still buy their milk though as it tastes so much better.

Dr. B

Raw A1 milk gives me digestive problems, creaky joints, coated tongue. Raw goat milk is my favorite food and I love it. I searched “raw goat milk” on Craigslist and luckily found a farmer near me who sells it under the table.

If the USDA got involved, the milk would probably be one more expensive yet worse in quality.
i think raw milks safer in states like CA, washington, pennsylvania etc where it can legally be sold at a grocery store. if youre in the other states you basically have to put a ton of trust in the farmer, and they can sometimes abuse that. like most of the raw milks ive tried have been fine yet some seemed to spoil very quickly and werent shipped properly and kept cool enough. one raw milk i tried literally caused estrogen symptoms like breast tenderness and itchy scalp! symptoms which, I havent experienced for years, and in fact i have never experienced in my life other than when I used ginseng supplement, and dhea/pregnenolone! even walmart milk, might cause a minor stomach disturbance but never estrogenic symptoms. so i have no idea how this raw milk caused an estrogenic response im thinking maybe there is some odd cleaner they use to clean the cows teats or to clean and reuse their plastic bottles which remained in the bottle or passed to the milk?

btw this site dutch meadows farm actually sells usda certified organic raw milk from dutch belted cows. tried it just cuz the cow is so rare (apparently less than 1000 in the world or something and the ones in the US are closer to the original breed than the ones in europe) and because theres such noticeable taste differences in guernsey, jersey, and holstein milk. of those 4 I would say guernsey tastes the worst though its supposedly the most nutritious along with jersey. jersey tastes the best imo, and has the biggest creamline. ive had holstein jersey mix which tastes second best or best. then holstein which is probably tied with dutch belt. dutch meadows ships it anywhere in the US. shipping prices are really expensive plus they have a $50 order minimum. they use ice blankets and foam insulation to pack the milk... it gets the job done but the milk seems to go bad quickly. but it is the only raw milk ive seen which is usda certified organic. all they do is put a disclaimer on the milk saying it hasnt been approved for human consumption by the fda outside of PA. apparently thats enough for them to sell to any state. the shipping is very expensive though unless you add some lower weight items in your cart to meet the minimum.

T

TheBeard

where do you get quality A2 raw milk from? one of the raw milks I tried gave estrogenic symptoms! most i have tried have been fine. it seems like its actually thicker and harder to digest than pasteurized milk

Organic stores in France.
Maybe your pasteurized milk was also skimmed.

T

TheBeard

i think raw milks safer in states like CA, washington, pennsylvania etc where it can legally be sold at a grocery store. if youre in the other states you basically have to put a ton of trust in the farmer, and they can sometimes abuse that. like most of the raw milks ive tried have been fine yet some seemed to spoil very quickly and werent shipped properly and kept cool enough. one raw milk i tried literally caused estrogen symptoms like breast tenderness and itchy scalp! symptoms which, I havent experienced for years, and in fact i have never experienced in my life other than when I used ginseng supplement, and dhea/pregnenolone! even walmart milk, might cause a minor stomach disturbance but never estrogenic symptoms. so i have no idea how this raw milk caused an estrogenic response im thinking maybe there is some odd cleaner they use to clean the cows teats or to clean and reuse their plastic bottles which remained in the bottle or passed to the milk?

btw this site dutch meadows farm actually sells usda certified organic raw milk from dutch belted cows. tried it just cuz the cow is so rare (apparently less than 1000 in the world or something and the ones in the US are closer to the original breed than the ones in europe) and because theres such noticeable taste differences in guernsey, jersey, and holstein milk. of those 4 I would say guernsey tastes the worst though its supposedly the most nutritious along with jersey. jersey tastes the best imo, and has the biggest creamline. ive had holstein jersey mix which tastes second best or best. then holstein which is probably tied with dutch belt. dutch meadows ships it anywhere in the US. shipping prices are really expensive plus they have a $50 order minimum. they use ice blankets and foam insulation to pack the milk... it gets the job done but the milk seems to go bad quickly. but it is the only raw milk ive seen which is usda certified organic. all they do is put a disclaimer on the milk saying it hasnt been approved for human consumption by the fda outside of PA. apparently thats enough for them to sell to any state. the shipping is very expensive though unless you add some lower weight items in your cart to meet the minimum.

Other way around for me:

never had one estrogenic symptom on gallons of raw milk.

Only one lliter of UHT milk gives me pimples, brain fog, and uncontrollable libido.

Peroxphos

Other way around for me:

Only one lliter of UHT milk gives me pimples, brain fog, and uncontrollable libido.

Interesting. How about the A2 raw milk but pasteurized/boiled by yourself, if you have tested? Good like raw or estrogenic like UHT?

T

TheBeard

Interesting. How about the A2 raw milk but pasteurized/boiled by yourself, if you have tested? Good like raw or estrogenic like UHT?

Never ever heated raw milk, that would defeat the purpose of raw milk.

Dr. B

Other way around for me:

is that UHT milk organic, does it have added vitamins?

I have had UHT milk, from organic valley, has no added vitamins. i didnt get noticeably symptoms, just a mild stomach rumbling. which im thinking could be since its not an A2 milk from what ive seen. i think its the added vitamin fillers causing symptoms or the milk not being 100% grass fed

Tash

Yeah its from a farm called Hill farm, in the UK they have to be certified by the Food standards agency where they get tested throughout the year
Just received a delivery of hill farm A2 - super loving the taste of real milk, excited at the benefits, bracing myself for the potential bathroom action ?

Dr. B

Just received a delivery of hill farm A2 - super loving the taste of real milk, excited at the benefits, bracing myself for the potential bathroom action ?
is raw milk more beneficial than pasteurized? due to the bacteria in the milk or something?

Back
Top Bottom