Is PUFA more harmful or is Mercury/Heavy metals

A.R

Just a question here

what do you guys think

which is more harmful

mostlylurking

You can clear your body of PUFA via avoidance in maybe 4 years, assuming you aren't overweight. You can't do that for mercury/heavy metals. They are extremely difficult to get out of the body. They just keep accumulating.

OP
A.R

A.R

You can clear your body of PUFA via avoidance in maybe 4 years, assuming you aren't overweight. You can't do that for mercury/heavy metals. They are extremely difficult to get out of the body. They just keep accumulating.
Interesting point

StephanF

Forum Supporter
And be careful with chelation therapies. For example, EDTA can unlock mercury stored in fatty tissue and dump it into the brain, since the nerve coating in the brain has a higher affinity to mercury than EDTA!
One should take safe chelators with some other supplement, maybe open cell chlorella, to bind the liberated mercury and have it excreted safely.

T

TheBeard

Mercury for sure. Arguably, the best and safest chelator of Hg is NBMI, aka Emeramide. You don't have to wait for Emeramide to be approved, NBMI can be had from FandaChem. Check out Dr. Boyd Haley's videos to learn more. Sample:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wKvvhv7SA

Unreal coincidence, I was just talking to Fandachem yesterday to order some.
Still debating on the compound safety though compared to ALA.
About its efficacy too.

Have you personally used it?

Ben.

In the video he linked the PhD talks about low glutathione levels ... isn't ALA increasing thoose aswell?

The only worry i have with ALA mostly is while the crossing of the bloodbrain barrier is good in getting the heavy metal out of the brain, i fear it could in theory transport it there aswell? In one study i read that the mobilization of copper is also something to keep in mind with chelators such as ALA.

Alpha-lipoic acid supplementation: tissue glutathione homeostasis at rest and after exercise

Abstract​

Antioxidant nutrients have demonstrated potential in protecting against exercise-induced oxidative stress. alpha-Lipoic acid (LA) is a proglutathione dietary supplement that is known to strengthen the antioxidant network. We studied the effect of intragastric LA supplementation (150 mg/kg, 8 wk) on tissue LA levels, glutathione metabolism, and lipid peroxidation in rats at rest and after exhaustive treadmill exercise. LA supplementation increased the level of free LA in the red gastrocnemius muscle and increased total glutathione levels in the liver and blood.

Dave Clark

Unreal coincidence, I was just talking to Fandachem yesterday to order some.
About its efficacy too.

Have you personally used it?
Yes. I have been using it for about a year now. There were not any big detox effects for me {maybe because I have done other chelation over the years}, but I I know on the FB groups that some people have to start at lower doses. I started a 100mg/day for a week or two, then went to 200 mg/day and stayed there. After several months, I then cut back to using it three times/week, which I currently do now. Some of that dosing that I do is economically driven, since NBMI is not inexpensive.
I feel that it must be working to some degree, since various subtle issues have resolved, like muscle cramping, allergy symptoms, energy, digestion, etc. If someone has tried everything, and they know they have some Hg toxicity {dental amalgams, vaccines, etc.}, I think it is at least worth trying, especially if they have tried everything else.
Some people use ALA with the NBMI, feeling that since NBMI is a better binder to Hg than DMSA, said by Haley to be a permanent binder, that you may not need to do the ALA every 3 or 4 hours, like the Cutler protocol suggests. The idea that ALA liberates or releases Hg, and then the NBMI grabs it for removal.

T

TheBeard

Yes. I have been using it for about a year now. There were not any big detox effects for me {maybe because I have done other chelation over the years}, but I I know on the FB groups that some people have to start at lower doses. I started a 100mg/day for a week or two, then went to 200 mg/day and stayed there. After several months, I then cut back to using it three times/week, which I currently do now. Some of that dosing that I do is economically driven, since NBMI is not inexpensive.
I feel that it must be working to some degree, since various subtle issues have resolved, like muscle cramping, allergy symptoms, energy, digestion, etc. If someone has tried everything, and they know they have some Hg toxicity {dental amalgams, vaccines, etc.}, I think it is at least worth trying, especially if they have tried everything else.
Some people use ALA with the NBMI, feeling that since NBMI is a better binder to Hg than DMSA, said by Haley to be a permanent binder, that you may not need to do the ALA every 3 or 4 hours, like the Cutler protocol suggests. The idea that ALA liberates or releases Hg, and then the NBMI grabs it for removal.

I've taken the leap and ordered Emeramide.
It should be here in a week, can't wait to try.

I will use it on its own at first, with a starting dose of 50mg twice a day.

I started ALA at 100mg/dose and had only minor discomfort from it, so I'm confident.

mostlylurking

I'm very interested in this because of my load of mercury from amalgam fillings. I've been looking into it online and I found this:
This is just a heads up, I thought you'd like to know. If you have some DMSO you could test your supply and see if it dissolves in it.

Perry Staltic

When I had my amalgams removed years ago I used germanium sesquioxide as a chelator. The dentist was really into the amalgam thing and recommended it. When he removed the fillings he wore a respirator and used a dam in my mouth with suction so I wouldn't breathe the fumes. Finding a dentist like that might be a challenge

Dave Clark

I'm very interested in this because of my load of mercury from amalgam fillings. I've been looking into it online and I found this:
This is just a heads up, I thought you'd like to know. If you have some DMSO you could test your supply and see if it dissolves in it.
I have seen that. If you do FB, there is a group there that has privately tested the FandaChem product and found it to be pure, plus it is made without chemical solvents, using ethanol instead. Many have used the FC product with success. It is understandable that Emeramed has to protect their product destined for FDA approval, and there are some bad NBMI products out there. But, I do not think FandaChem is one of them. I have been using it for a year with no issues. The FB group is: Irminix/NBMI/Emeramide/OSR.

mostlylurking

I have seen that. If you do FB, there is a group there that has privately tested the FandaChem product and found it to be pure, plus it is made without chemical solvents, using ethanol instead. Many have used the FC product with success. It is understandable that Emeramed has to protect their product destined for FDA approval, and there are some bad NBMI products out there. But, I do not think FandaChem is one of them. I have been using it for a year with no issues. The FB group is: Irminix/NBMI/Emeramide/OSR.
Thanks for the information. I learned on Emeramed's site that they have stopped their early access program world wide due to financial constraints. I was planning to sign up via my environmental dentist. Sob.

I don't do FaceBook so I can't benefit from the link. Sorry. I'll keep looking into it.

I have had very good improvement via high dose thiamine hcl. Heavy metals block thiamine enzyme cofactor function. The high dose thiamine hcl is a workaround.

T

TheBeard

Only two sources are legitimately procuring Emeramide at the moment: Fandachem and Medkoo.
Contacts can be found in the fb group.

Ordering from any other source is rolling the dice.

dukesbobby777

Do you know much about dosages with Emeramide? I spoke to an agent from FandaChem and the least amount they will sell per shipment is 5g for 105 euros. I read one anecdote of somebody using 3-600mg per day. At those doses, 5g would last between1-3 week. Just not financially viable unless this is some kind of wonder compound that justifies that sort of outlay.

Dave Clark

Do you know much about dosages with Emeramide? I spoke to an agent from FandaChem and the least amount they will sell per shipment is 5g for 105 euros. I read one anecdote of somebody using 3-600mg per day. At those doses, 5g would last between1-3 week. Just not financially viable unless this is some kind of wonder compound that justifies that sort of outlay.
The studies that Dr. Boyd Haley did used between 100-300 mg/day, with 300 mg having the best results. It is best to start low and slow, since their will be healing/herx reactions with some people. It is not exactly a detox reaction, but when the Hg is bound and removed from tissues, etc., the body has to compensate and adjust for this removal of the metal. It is worth using NBMI, since most people report good results. And, the cost of using FandaChem compared to using the Emeramide is far less. The more volume you buy the cheaper, and on the FB groups, they have group buys that allow you to purchase cheaper. Taking 600 mg/day is not necessary, and much lower doses can be used, but it depends on how toxic with Hg you are, and how quickly you want the Hg removed. If you are not in a hurry and not severely toxic, you could benefit from 100mg/day, some people take much less. When I think of all the money I spent on chelation compounds that did not work near as well, I would gladly pay these prices for something proven to chelate Hg and remove from the body.

youngsinatra

I agree. At first it‘s most important to stop intoxing - do the best that you can in our world.

I personally avoid all seafood because it’s just so heavily polluted these days & I stay away from shellfish as it‘s avoided in many religions and I think for good reason.

I know some who used to eat a lot of variety and quantity of seafood as a source of protein and „good nutrition“ and got mercury toxicity, which improved with complicated therapies but never resolved completely.

L_C

I've taken the leap and ordered Emeramide.
It should be here in a week, can't wait to try.

I will use it on its own at first, with a starting dose of 50mg twice a day.

I started ALA at 100mg/dose and had only minor discomfort from it, so I'm confident.
How did it go with Emeramide. Any success?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals