Is Prolactin The Most Reliable Test?

ddjd

If there's one test which tells you about the state of the body with regards to stress/disease, would it be prolactin?

I heard in a podcast haidut said it is very reliable and you are very unlikely to get an inaccurate reading.

biggirlkisss

you can also look at serotonin levels or insulin levels i think correct me if im wrong to get serotonin levels

Ray has mentioned that he hasn’t seen anyone feel well if their prolactin is high. I think his value was above an 8. Prolactin can make you feel like ***t pretty royally from my experience with having prolactin as high as 30

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ray has mentioned that he hasn’t seen anyone feel well if their prolactin is high. I think his value was above an 8. Prolactin can make you feel like ***t pretty royally from my experience with having prolactin as high as 30
Yeah, so true. I can't really believe medicine generally isn't concerned with prolactin unless the levels are in the hundreds or more. I've been disrespected and dismissed in the past when I've asked to have my prolactin tested and I've actually got a pituitary tumor. Baffling. I'm glad I know how to order my own labs.

benaoao

It’s true that prolactin is inversely correlated with dopamine and that makes it rather unique as an indicator. But what about CRP? Inflammation is central in so many diseases, and often silent. And some visual signs can easily be associated with prolactin changes.

The other basics would be to keep track of body temperature, BMI, eventually get a glucose meter and that’s about it.

I’d be very surprised if someone who goes from 96° to 98ish fully natural got worse bloods in the process.

At some point they all move in a correlated manner. I’d only get bloods done as a follow up of a medical condition or if using drugs.

brix

What’s the main cause of high-ish prolactin? High serotonin?

A couple years ago, my doc prescribed me buspiron when my prolactin was around 10. Didn’t notice much benefit.

Lisuride doesn’t affect me much at all either.