Is pro-metabolic nutrition just another fad or a cult?

Dr.Fugazzi

It's not a matter of taste, but of what your body says it wants/needs. If some PUFA, so be it. In all things, moderation. Better to give the body what it wants/needs rather live by some ideology that denies it what it wants/needs for optimum health. Learn to listen and the body will teach what to eat.

Everything has to be kept to a limit. Let each person find what works for them
That would probably be true if food intrustry didn't master the ability to trick your body into thinking it needs all that ***t food you can get from stores.

I'd rather say - give your body what it craves but only choose products you could get from nature.

FitnessMike

That would probably be true if food intrustry didn't master the ability to trick your body into thinking it needs all that ***t food you can get from stores.

I'd rather say - give your body what it craves but only choose products you could get from nature.
i dont crave ***t food whatsoever, that's most likely due to the fact it gives my body most of what it needs innit.

Vanset

It's just like any other diet. Works for some, doesn't for others. Nothing special. Even the same old "it's not the diet, it's you" has found its way here. I'd advise you to move on and focus on healing your liver. That's what I'm gonna do.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I've been feeling a lot of anger lately, might be the Copper I'm supplementing.
I can remember days where T3 made me feel really great, on a level above what I'm used to. But I could never get it to consistently work.

My core problem is basically very poor digestion leading to endotoxin overload, that in turn puts a burden on my lever, that in turn slows my metabolism, coupled with Low Testosterone/ Estrogen ratio skewing towards estrogen dominance.
All this leading to low dopamine and low energy levels.

Megamole

Well if the root cause is poor digestion, then it seems to me the best option would be prioritizing ease of digestion over all else.

I’d imagine a diet high in fruit/other easily absorbed carb and bone broth would produce some good effects, at least. Easily digested carbohydrates and anti inflammatory amino acids should help. Add in a mixture of coconut oil and charcoal to help blunt the endotoxin between meals.

A source of stearic acid in the diet would probably help too. I like putting cocoa butter into a big mug of hot chocolate. Very tasty and very relaxing.

Spartan300

I'm still trying to make the pieces of the puzzle click after 5 years but I'm in a better place than I once was.
We might all display similar issues but we don't all start from the same place. Therefore what works for some won't work for others.

Keep searching and sharing findings here even if they contradict Ray's views.

BTW, supplementing B1 quickly makes me irritable, short tempered and angry..

FitnessMike

I can remember days where T3 made me feel really great, on a level above what I'm used to. But I could never get it to consistently work.
iv has been told by someone that men need more t4 contrary to popular belief, supposedly we mainly rely on intracellular conversion, and the thyroid mostly produce t4 so there is probably a reason for that?

sunny

I am currently reading this transcript of an interview and it made me think of your situation. Maybe you will find it helpful. As I read it, I think of my albumin test that has recently reached 4.5 (good), my hdl has gone down (good), my tgab was finally normal. I think I am in thr right direction, but it has taken alot of years, persistence, patience.

incrp

My core problem is basically very poor digestion leading to endotoxin overload, that in turn puts a burden on my lever, that in turn slows my metabolism, coupled with Low Testosterone/ Estrogen ratio skewing towards estrogen dominance.
You may be just overthinking your situation. Have you considered dropping all the supplements and trying an elimination diet for a few months say something simple like just minced beef or lamb and see how you feel then changing the macro ratios and seeing what effect they have good or bad.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Last night, I've had a carrot salad with 1/2 tsp charcoal for the first time in 2 weeks. I stopped eating it so often, since it was a hassle and seemed like it's not doing much, but I gotta say today I am feeling much better, mood wise. And already had 3 bowel movements by 1PM.
It's probably the Charcoal,

LadyRae

Last night, I've had a carrot salad with 1/2 tsp charcoal for the first time in 2 weeks. I stopped eating it so often, since it was a hassle and seemed like it's not doing much, but I gotta say today I am feeling much better, mood wise. And already had 3 bowel movements by 1PM.
Hey that's great! I'm always surprised by how charcoal will positively affect my mood and my brain function. This attests to how powerful endotoxin can be to our overall health and well-being...

Your use of half a teaspoon indicates to me that I've probably been using too much charcoal when I use it, it tends to constipate me the next day. I will use way less next time...

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Charcoal works like magic for me for relief - I just don't do well with carrots nor mushrooms. Fiber of any sort tends to give me neurological symptoms. It sounds like a persistent ongoing endotoxin problem.

Nebula

Supplemental metals always make me feel angry too. How much t3 are you using? Lately I’ve been getting better results crushing a cynomel tablet and taking only a tiny amount of powder, probably 1mcg every couple hours throughout the day.

Mauritio

I used to take my temperature daily, more than 20 times/ day or so, do you know how tiring that was, always obsessing about body temperature?
I did bloodwork here and there, as much as finances allowed.

This year, I started taking the "fatty liver" problem more seriously. I searched the forum, found Haidut's posts with studies about caffeine, K2, Inosine, Biotin as possible therapeutic agents to reverse a fatty liver. Tried them all, none of them worked in the slightest. They simply don't bring results.
And then I started noticing all the threads reporting negative results from applying Peat principles. People wrecking their health, being in denial about it all. You start to realize how most on this forum are sick, how most of the advice thrown around here doesn't work.

Fructose overconsumption definitely contributes to fatty liver. PUFA depletion does not bring massive positive results in one's health. I could go on.
I think forcing your body to uncouple and/or forcing your body to be in a high CO2 state is the only thing that works (for me).

I agree that K2 and caffeine doesn't work.