Is pregnenolone safe for adolescents?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer.
Pregnenolone is the only thing that allows me to be semi-functional, without it I am just a constant crying mess. I take 50mg a day, divided into two 25mg doses.
Is this safe, and will it not lead to long-term damage in a 19 year-old? I am thinking of buying @haidut 's liquid pregnenolone, as I heard topical pregnenolone is more androgenic, and I believe that I have very low functional androgens.
Thank you

mrchibbs

I recommend reading up a lot more before you start buying supplements. A 19 year old can fix most problems with good sleep and good foods. I recommend Ray's books, and interviews, it takes a while to wrap your head around all this information, but it's worth it so you're able to determine the right choices for yourself.

But yes, pregnenolone is absolutely safe.

See @haidut recent post

OP
deliciousfruit
I recommend reading up a lot more before you start buying supplements. A 19 year old can fix most problems with good sleep and good foods. I recommend Ray's books, and interviews, it takes a while to wrap your head around all this information, but it's worth it so you're able to determine the right choices for yourself.

But yes, pregnenolone is absolutely safe.

See @haidut recent post

Thank you, I will continue to take it then.

I agree a regular healthy 19 year old could fix most problems with good sleep and foods, but, as much as I don't like to label myself, I'm as good as disabled. There have been plenty of times this year where I've been too sick to even walk. I've consumed every last bit of Ray Peat's accessible knowledge, including his articles, interviews, email exchanges, and I understand the gist of his philosophy. I've come from many different ""alternative"" health communities, been trying to fix this garbage for a while...

Appreciate the link

mrchibbs

Thank you, I will continue to take it then.

I agree a regular healthy 19 year old could fix most problems with good sleep and foods, but, as much as I don't like to label myself, I'm as good as disabled. There have been plenty of times this year where I've been too sick to even walk. I've consumed every last bit of Ray Peat's accessible knowledge, including his articles, interviews, email exchanges, and I understand the gist of his philosophy. I've come from many different ""alternative"" health communities, been trying to fix this garbage for a while...

Appreciate the link

What are your most debilitating symptoms? If I may ask.

What is a typical day like for you?

baccheion

Are you meeting all RDAs with just a variety of whole quality foods? CRON-o-meter.

Pregnenolone is more forgiving for a hormone. Like vitamin D3. Take 1x/week (eg 50 * 7 * 350 mg).