Is possible gain muscle only in concentric training

Sapien

intensity the faster you reach exhaustion, breathlessness
Muscular failure does not have to induce breathlessness. You can train a small muscle such as calves to failure with little to no impact on cardiovascular system

You can do high intensity sets but than you need long pauses in between sets.
Sprinters will often do a set of 10 x 30m dashes at almost 100% but they will have a 3-5 minute break in between each run
Yes I agree, I always make sure to take long rest periods between sets. This why I say that HIT doesn’t mean “dropping to the floor” like in body by science (which we both agree is not a good thing)

Sapien

Secondly, HIT does cause pyruvate to be excrete into the blood as lactic acid instead of being metabolized into CO2 and ATP / energy in the mitochondria

Yes I am not arguing this. I’m just stating that it would be at a drastically lower total amount than a high volume workout

Michael Mohn

Here are several more

“high volume programme allows the trainee to both increase muscle and lose fat, as well as to adapt to a high lactic acid threshold”
This is it. Lactic acid threshold is the amount of lactic acid the muscle tissue can hold and convert into energy/ATP before it gets excreted into the bloodstream and is lost for the muscle tissue as an energy source/substrate.
“The build-up in lactic acid in the muscle cell is created by a limited level of oxygen going to the muscle cell due to the demand of high exertion in energy through a high volume workout”.
Higher volume leads to more lactic acid in the muscle and less in the bloodstream. A good thing!
High Volume Training | Example Workout )

“Muscle pumps occur largely because of fluid buildup that accumulates in your muscles when you work out. When you lift weights, blood rushes to your working muscles, and lactic acid begins to build up and draw water into your muscle fibers
To maximize your muscle pump, try these tips:

• Do high-volume weightlifting instead of high-load weightlifting. More muscle contraction means more reason for your body to send blood to those muscles.
(How to Grow Your Muscles With Just One Workout)
(Arthur Jones talks about how “the pump” is not a good indicator of effective training in natilus bullitin #1. “Chasing the pump” is something popularized by Arnold and a key aspect of high volume training.)

Immortalized by Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold did train to failure too.
... follows ultraintense sets of high-repetition resistance exercises.
Oxymoronic. High repetition can't be high intensity.
As your muscles contract during a lift, metabolic compounds such as lactic acid accumulate in and around the muscle cells. Water and blood is then drawn into the muscle (“pumped,” if you will) as a defence mechanism against the inflammation brought on.”
Wrong, blood will bring more oxygen and glucose but the mitochondria can't convert them fast enough into ATP+CO2.
( How ‘The Pump’ can help give your muscles – and ego – a quick boost )

Not chasing the pump and instead focusing on mechanical tension (fatiguing the fast twitch fibers) is the key principal behind HIT as described by Arthur Jones. Therefore, I would think it would produce drastically less lactic acid than a typical high volume approach

Reason #1: The pump focuses on stressing the wrong system​

Metabolic stress vs. mechanical tension​

Chasing the pump focuses on creating as much metabolic stress as possible… Blood is being pumped into the muscle and cellular swelling occurs. This leads to the muscles looking much bigger than usual.

Researchers theorize that this can potentially lead to increased muscle growth. As research continues to come out, it appears that the link between hypertrophy and metabolic stress is indirect at best.¹ There may be a cause and effect, but it is not nearly as clear as mechanical tension.

Mechanical tension focuses on creating as much force production as possible out of the muscle. You do this by stimulating as many muscle units as possible.”

HIT states that this pump is not only unnecessary, but detrimental, as it impedes recovery

Reason #2: It causes too much fatigue​

Many programs that focus on the pump lead to small amounts of rest and a lot of sets and reps. This leads increased muscle damage and an accumulation of lactic acid and other metabolites.
Right
This can cause an increase in CNS fatigue and muscular fatigue.”
Wrong. If you do your pauses, excess pyruvate and lactic acid will be converted into energy /ATP

View: https://medium.com/in-fitness-and-in-health/3-reasons-why-chasing-the-pump-is-a-waste-of-time-29ad8497430f

I could list countless more sources, but I think my point has been maken. From all I have seen, HIT would produce drastically less lactic acid.

Wrong. You don't get the difference between lactic acid in the muscle 💪 and lactic acid in the bloodstream.
although training to failure will indeed produce some lactic acid, you can’t possibly believe doing one set is more lactic acid inducing than high volume training??
I do.

Sapien

Oxymoronic. High repetition can't be high intensity
This is simply not true. Literature shows anywhere from 30% of a 1rm to 80% builds muscle at a near equivalent rate, the only caveat that one trains to failure (stimulating fast twitch fibers). If you do a set of 25 squats to muscular failure, you’re telling me that’s not intense?

Sapien

Higher volume leads to more lactic acid in the muscle and less in the bloodstream. A good thing!

Wrong. You don't get the difference between lactic acid in the muscle 💪 and lactic acid in the bloodstream.
Interesting distinction, yes I guess I do not. Any sources you can provide that discuss this, specifically, how high volume lactic acid is different than high intensity?

Sapien

This is it. Lactic acid threshold is the amount of lactic acid the muscle tissue can hold and convert into energy/ATP before it gets excreted into the bloodstream and is lost for the muscle tissue as an energy source/substrate.
So high volume training doesn’t cause release into blood stream? Doubt

Sapien

that's why you need a week of rest to recover, some people need even more.
In HIT, the concept of a long period of resting is not because training this way exhibits some sort of unique stress on the body that requires a long refractory period; the theory goes that nearly ALL bodybuilders, regardless of protocol, are overtraining. I would argue a high volume protocol requires even more rest. This is an essential pillar of HIT, keep the workload low to improve recovery window

Sapien

While I cannot deny that max contraction training has been proven to produce great results, this article by Arthur Jones made me change my mind on avoiding eccentric work

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals