Is Pentoxifyline Safe?

Steve123

If you didn’t see one of my last posts i’ve been diagnosed with peyronies disease and I’m doing so much research on it.

It seems PENTOXIFYLLINE (trental) is a well known thing that is prescribed for it by the worlds leading urologists, Although it does not have massive amounts of studies confirming it’s benefits (This one, which has now been retracted?:A double-blind placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of pentoxifylline in early chronic Peyronie's disease - PubMed),

There is people on the Pey forums who state they had improvements, although a lot said it did nothing. It’s 400 mg three times a day for three months to start off with.

Pentoxifylline decreases the viscosity (thickness / stickiness) of the blood and allows it to flow more easily through the body.

From what i’ve looked at, it seems Pentox is pretty safe even in the RP sphere, Just confirming that is the case or if anybody has any insights on it?

(It seems to be similar to caffeine in nature, i think the only thing i see as a negative is the immune lowering effect it has, but i’m sure it comes back to normal after stopping use?)

At the moment, its mainly this immune system lowering effect which really puts me off using it right now, but i also want to improve my condition! I don’t mind if it goes back to normal after stopping use.