Is Oregano Oil Fatty Acid Oxidation Inhibitor? Study Inside

Obi-wan

Nice find @Broken man. Oregano Oil is a FAO inhibitor! From another thread " the integrity of intestinal barrier was improved by OEO treatment"

And this from Wikipedia:

Carvacrol, or cymophenol, C6H3CH3(OH)(C3H7), is a monoterpenoid phenol. It has a characteristic pungent, warm odor of oregano.[3]
Carvacrol is present in the essential oil of Origanum vulgare (oregano)

Carvacrol inhibits the growth of several bacteria strains, e.g. Escherichia coli[7] and Bacillus cereus. Its low toxicity together with its pleasant taste and smell suggests its use as a food additive to prevent bacterial contamination.[8] In Pseudomonas aeruginosa it causes damages to the cell membrane of these bacteria and, unlike other terpenes, inhibits their proliferation.[9] The cause of the antimicrobial properties is believed to be disruption of the bacteria membrane.[10][11]

It is a potent activator of the human ion channels transient receptor potential V3 (TRPV3) and A1 (TRPA1).[12] Application of carvacrol on the human tongue, as well as activation of TRPV3, causes a sensation of warmth. In addition, carvacrol also activates, but then rapidly desensitizes, the pain receptor TRPA1; this explains its pungency.[12]

It activates PPAR and suppresses COX-2 inflammation.[13]

In rats, carvacrol is quickly metabolized and excreted. The main metabolic route is esterification of the phenolic group with sulfuric acid and glucuronic acid. A minor pathway is oxidation of the terminal methyl groups to primary alcohols. After 24 hours, only very small amounts of carvacrol or its metabolites could be found in urine, indicating an almost complete excretion within one day.[14]

A study led by Supriya Bavadekar in 2012 reported carvacrol stimulates apoptosis in prostate cancer cells.[15] In 2015, another study using rats with carcinogenic DMH injections showed carvacrol at 40 mg/kg bt.w reversed carcinogenic effects on colon cells, however, the therapeutic effects were substantially increased when combined X-radiation treatment.[16] A follow up study by the same lead researcher in 2016 provided additional evidence for this effect.[17] These studies are preliminary and further research is required. Both pro and anti-apoptotic effect of this compound have been proposed in various cellular systems, but conclusive evidence to support a direct effect is lacking.[18][19][20][21] -all from Wikipedia

It activates PPAR and suppresses COX-2 inflammation. carvacrol stimulates apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. This is HUGH!

And this: Chicken farmer uses oregano oil, cinnamon in place of antibiotics

Oregano oil is healthier and more effective than antibiotics
In fact, studies show oregano oil has repeatedly outperformed even antibiotics themselves. By the late 1990s, the German pharmaceutical company Bayer was conducting trials on an oregano oil product known as Ropadiar -- the European name for the very same product, called By-O-Reg Plus, currently used at Bill & Evans. The studies compared the effectiveness of the oregano oil in fighting E. coli symptoms in piglets, with that of four of the company's own antibiotics. In all four test groups, Ropadiar was the clear winner. In a report on the studies, Bayer product manager Dr. Lucio Nisoli wrote: "Compared to the various anti-infectives, with Ropadiar I have obtained much more effective and quicker results. Furthermore, piglets treated with Ropadiar look much more healthy and were not so dehydrated and wasted."

I use cinnamon in my coffee and oregano oil after every meal...@TreasureVibe are you reading this?

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Nice! What doses do you suggest daily?

Oregano oil is spicy. I put two drops under my tongue for 5 minutes then swish with a glass of water. If it gets on top of your tongue it will bite but I am used to it. So start slow...

Lilly

Took 1 drop yesterday the same way you described. After few hours I got stomach ache and felt little bit inflamed and sick. It just can't be that 1 little drop did that...or could it? I felt good immediately after taking it though

Obi-wan

Took 1 drop yesterday the same way you described. After few hours I got stomach ache and felt little bit inflamed and sick. It just can't be that 1 little drop did that...or could it? I felt good immediately after taking it though

Take a charcoal capsule if you feel that way

Lilly

I did;) I will test it again soon,to be sure that it was oo that caused those symptoms.

Obi-wan

I think oregano oil is one of the best natural antibiotics out there...

Antonello

@Obi-wan Thanks for the info on oregano oil you are puttin, looks like you have experience with it and I would like to start using it as a replacement to antibiotics. What kind of rules do you reccoend to follow like cycle off or small amount everyday?
I have some serious SIBO goin on right now and vinegar, coconut oil and garlic are not helping.
Thank in advance

Obi-wan

I do 2 drops under the tongue and hold for 5 to 10 minutes then swish with water and swallow. If the oregano oil gets on top of the tongue it will sting a bit but be brave. Try keeping it under the tongue so no talking. I do this 2-4 times per day. Usually if I experience brain fog I will do it and tends to clear it up

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Obi-wan Thanks for the info on oregano oil you are puttin, looks like you have experience with it and I would like to start using it as a replacement to antibiotics. What kind of rules do you reccoend to follow like cycle off or small amount everyday?
I have some serious SIBO goin on right now and vinegar, coconut oil and garlic are not helping.
Thank in advance
What dosages are you using for each?
Have you tried grapefruit seed oil, cinnamon, iodine, monolaurin, kefir (or kimchi). A study I've read said that 8%+ acetic acid vinegar would be much more effective than 5% acetic acid vinegar against some gut bacteria. The 5% acetic acid vinegar is what is usually sold in supermarkets.

Antonello

What dosages are you using for each?
Have you tried grapefruit seed oil, cinnamon, iodine, monolaurin, kefir (or kimchi). A study I've read said that 8%+ acetic acid vinegar would be much more effective than 5% acetic acid vinegar against some gut bacteria. The 5% acetic acid vinegar is what is usually sold in supermarkets.
I'm taking half teaspoon of cinnamon twice a day as well as 2 tablespoon of honey vinegar 7%...can't handle dairy right now.
Iodine I had bad experience with it and grape fruit I ve tried the extract only.
On hand I have an oregano oil from greece that has 20mg carvacrol per dose (4drops)

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm taking half teaspoon of cinnamon twice a day as well as 2 tablespoon of honey vinegar 7%...can't handle dairy right now.
Iodine I had bad experience with it and grape fruit I ve tried the extract only.
On hand I have an oregano oil from greece that has 20mg carvacrol per dose (4drops)
I know this isn't peaty as they would say, but have you tried the high dose garlic protocol?

I just want to ask a few questions to understand your situation better. Have you been on anti-biotic before? What protocols have you already tried?
Have you used supps to increase stomach acid such as pepsin?

Antonello

I know this isn't peaty as they would say, but have you tried the high dose garlic protocol?

I just want to ask a few questions to understand your situation better. Have you been on anti-biotic before? What protocols have you already tried?
Have you used supps to increase stomach acid such as pepsin?
I got sick from drinking uht "organic" milk to the point of go in ER for the gastritis pain, since then I'm dealing with a bunch of symptoms that resemble a candida/bacterial overgrowth like bloating but inability to pas gas and mucus in the stools, the most visible is the white tongue.
I feel I have low stomach acid as I burb after meal and bile flow has slow down a lot.
I've never had the necessity to take an antibiotic before and I don't wanna go through that path and allow fungi to grow even more.
For stomach acid I'm using ACV before meal and some cayenne.
I'm taking 3 cloves of garlic on top of oregano and cinnamon...not much results from now.

L

lollipop

@Obi-wan I am using oregano oil 2 drops on an infected gum over one tooth that has taken forever to heal. Today I had had enough, remembered this thread, went to the health food store, bought some. Within 2 hours, I have done 2 applications and it looks better in 2 hours than it has in MONTHS. I am impressed and am wondering why I only remembered now? I could have healed it LONG ago had I taken the advice you gave on this thread. Thank you ❤️

Obi-wan

@Obi-wan I am using oregano oil 2 drops on an infected gum over one tooth that has taken forever to heal. Today I had had enough, remembered this thread, went to the health food store, bought some. Within 2 hours, I have done 2 applications and it looks better in 2 hours than it has in MONTHS. I am impressed and am wondering why I only remembered now? I could have healed it LONG ago had I taken the advice you gave on this thread. Thank you ❤️

Did it bite on your tongue?

Obi-wan

Yes, but no big deal really! I kind of like it actually in some strange way it is refreshing :):

Did you end up swallowing it or spitting it out?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals